Leicester v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seen the stuff on Lineker. I'm sure he's a twat, but for years now he's been sticking up for us on MotD when no one else does, as they're all goons or dippers. He'll be rooting for us against every team bar LCFC which was his local one.

Job done. Was nervy to start off and crowd was quite flat despite the later kick off time. But once we got going!

To us it was a game to get out the way with minimum fuss, which we did. But they still have a huge hard on for us for "not showing them enough respect when they done a fairytale".

They started singing about us from kick off and it was the only noise they made all game. Not a single song or cheer of encouragement for their own team. Awful home support. And we're the ones that are supposed to be entitled.

Never won fuck all? We could not win a trophy for the next 100 years and we'd still have won more than them.

Job done. Was nervy to start off and crowd was quite flat despite the later kick off time. But once we got going!

To us it was a game to get out the way with minimum fuss, which we did. But they still have a huge hard on for us for "not showing them enough respect when they done a fairytale".

They started singing about us from kick off and it was the only noise they made all game. Not a single song or cheer of encouragement for their own team. Awful home support. And we're the ones that are supposed to be entitled.

Never won fuck all? We could not win a trophy for the next 100 years and we'd still have won more than them.
Modern day revisionism is a wonderful little thing.

Correct me if I am wrong but there's only like 4 or 5 clubs in England that have won more trophies than us right?

But of course football was invented way back in 1992

Modern day revisionism is a wonderful little thing.

Correct me if I am wrong but there's only like 4 or 5 clubs in England that have won more trophies than us right?

But of course football was invented way back in 1992

Its why focusing on the quest for trophies as your only source of enjoyment from football is ultimately futile. Success just brings more expectation in the minds of this kind of supporter. And to win the "Twitter Banter" war that so many fans are obsessed with you are only as good as your last game. Let alone season. Let alone your last decade.

A domestic cup would be "Micky Mouse" If we won the league it would be "You've not won the CL"

Ultimately pedigree is born from more than just a single league title win. A incredible feat, no doubt, but to still be singing about us dropping points in an unrelated game three years later just shows how small time they are and how desperate they are to still be relevant.

Listening to the Spurs support on Sat we missed a trick not singing "Have you ever won the double? Have you fuck!". We sang it last year and it shut them up. We should roll this out for Citeh too.

Listening to the Spurs support on Sat we missed a trick not singing "Have you ever won the double? Have you fuck!". We sang it last year and it shut them up. We should roll this out for Citeh too.

As much as i didnt want to admit it that "you've won fuck all" chant fucking annoys me. Least of all for its gross inaccuracy!

Some poor sod meekly sang it at the train station after the game and got it both barrels!

Why did they get rid of their stupid clappy things?

I mean apart from the obvious reasons.

Their atmosphere is terrible now.....at least those things made some noise
Weirdly, I thought I could hear them on Saturday... if only 'cos it dawned on me that they sound a little bit like the old fashioned Football rattles going at it... and they were part of Classic Football CULTURE for years!!!

I don’t think we did miss a trick. They’re an irrelevance. No need to worry about them. We sang about Tottenham, our players, Arse and Chavs, and United, West Ham, Liverpool etc. Fuck stooping to bother with them. That wound them up more.

He was a spurs man publicly whilst Leicester were scrabbling about in league 1 though.

I don't think the way Sky use Jamie Redknapp and Sounness as interchangeable Spurs reps helps.
They can fuck right off with Souness, he never played a professional game for us and had the cheek to tell the great Bill Nick he was the "best player at the club" when he hadn't achieved jack shit yet.

Back
Top Bottom