Let’s Face It - We’re Barely a Top 10 Team Now

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where do you rate our First 11?

• Total voters
We're somewhere on a par with the likes of Everton unless Kane suddenly comes good again and plays how he can do, which is very unlikely to happen.

Nuno is a 7th place manager at best. He managed to get a tune out of his Wolves players for a couple of seasons. If he can’t get a tune out of this lot, 9-12th place. He’s out of his depth. And the squad really don’t look that bothered. Aside from the City game and the first half today, our points tally actually flatters us.

Nuno is a 7th place manager at best. He managed to get a tune out of his Wolves players for a couple of seasons. If he can’t get a tune out of this lot, 9-12th place. He’s out of his depth. And the squad really don’t look that bothered. Aside from the City game and the first half today, our points tally actually flatters us.

First half we were alright but Chelsea were poor. The moment they found something like their true level, well, we all saw what happened. 0-3 flattered us in the end. Anyone else but Werner and it finishes 5 or 6.

We're somewhere on a par with the likes of Everton unless Kane suddenly comes good again and plays how he can do, which is very unlikely to happen.
We finished 3 points ahead of Everton with a Harry Kane who was top scorer and top assister, with a disinterested Kane we're just straight up a worse side than they are.

I haven’t seen any of our games yet this season. Lot going on in my life and a lot of upheaval. Just reading this thread, beginning to think we’ll do well not to be relegated.

We finished 3 points ahead of Everton with a Harry Kane who was top scorer and top assister, with a disinterested Kane we're just straight up a worse side than they are.

Sad but probably true. I still think technically we have better players than they do on paper, but that doesn't mean a lot. I said when we beat City that Espirito Santo will have performed miracles if he gets this club in the top 6 when others were suddenly talking about Champions League football next season, but after what I've seen so far (despite the wins) I think we'll do well to finish 8th or 9th this season.

We have played 5 games, scored 1 goal from open play and have a -3 goal difference, we have also lost our last two games 3-0.

That is worrying, that's bottom half form and it wouldn't surprise me if we did finish bottom half tbh.

Sad but probably true. I still think technically we have better players than they do on paper, but that doesn't mean a lot. I said when we beat City that Espirito Santo will have performed miracles if he gets this club in the top 6 when others were suddenly talking about Champions League football next season, but after what I've seen so far (despite the wins) I think we'll do well to finish 8th or 9th this season.

I don't even think there's much in it on paper .. which is horrifying.

Digne is a class above any of our fullbacks. Their midfield options are 'meh' but still clearly superior to ours. Both our centre back partnerships are questionable at best but theirs at least seems settled, and going forward Son/Kane are obviously brilliant but DCL/Richarlison aren't bad either. They have their own Kaneish situation with James Rodriguez being a player of world class ability who doesn't want to be there.

I think you're probably right and we have a slight edge. But there's certainly no sizeable gap.

Mate we just lost to an oil-money fuelled Chelsea who are arguably the league's best and Europe's best team right now, and all of a sudden we're barely a top 10 team? Fuck me the reactionary posting on here is embarrassing.

Have a couple pints lads and try not to crumble, christ.
I think the signs are ominous. We scraped 7th last year with kane performing. Carry on like this with kane clearly disinterested and not wanting to be here and it's not looking good as it's only him or son that get us results.

Back
Top Bottom