Let’s Face It - We’re Barely a Top 10 Team Now

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where do you rate our First 11?

• Total voters
We're done.

Nuno will be sacked long before the end of the season ends. It won't all he his fault, but he's not a top half Premier league manager/coach.

I said it in other threads, but all the warnings were there that a few early wins were hiding the truth. We're not a good side. We don't have a top coach and we're in for some dark times.

We actually look more fragile than a lot of typical relegation fodder
If we didn't have Son and Kane I would have tipped us for a relegation battle.

Judging by the way Kane is playing so far we are a Son injury away from me revising my prediction.

We've got players at the club who still can't manage 90 minutes of football. Its shocking.

Jesus Christ.

- We were competitive first half. Possibly better.

- Chelsea changed their team and tactics at half time and dominated the second half.

- Chelsea are just about the best team in the country. Spurs are not and we don’t have a sugar daddy spooning us huge wads of cash. I like that fact. I don’t want to buy a league title.

- this result has no bearing on whether Spurs are 5th or 8th best team in the country.

- the next two games against Wolves and Woolwich are critical. After this week we will know better where we are at.

Jesus Christ.

- Chelsea changed their team and tactics at half time and dominated the second half.

- Chelsea are just about the best team in the country. Spurs are not and we don’t have a sugar daddy spooning us huge wads of cash. I like that fact. I don’t want to buy a league title.

- this result has no bearing on whether Spurs are 5th or 8th best team in the country.

- the next two games against Wolves and Woolwich are critical. After this week we will know better where we are at.
It's not just about this game.
Its about the underwhelming managerial appointment
the summer transfers or lack of
The stretched/unbalanced squad
The Palace game
The Rennes game
Not to mention the small matter of most of last season
Fuck it, we've been regressing for 3 seasons now

What makes you think its just about todays game?

Jesus Christ.

Agreed

Games against quality opposition like Chelsea and Crystal Palace won’t define our season

One goal from open play in 5 matches is pretty exciting when you think about it

The Palace game was an embarrassment. Getting a draw away at Rennes is not a bad result.

We moved on a number of players over the summer whose performances have deteriorated over the years. More work to do But I thought our transfer window was good but lacked a backup striker.

If we had a decent backup striker I would be playing him as Kane is off his game and needs a kick up the backside.

So there are problems and not everything is rosy but a loss to Chelsea is not the end of the world, which is where this thread started.

The Palace game was an embarrassment. Getting a draw away at Rennes is not a bad result.

We moved on a number of players over the summer whose performances have deteriorated over the years. More work to do But I thought our transfer window was good but lacked a backup striker.

If we had a decent backup striker I would be playing him as Kane is off his game and needs a kick up the backside.

So there are problems and not everything is rosy but a loss to Chelsea is not the end of the world, which is where this thread started.
Losing to Chelsea can happen. But we're not creating any chances. We've scored 3 goals in 5 games, 1 a pen and 1 a free kick which wasn't even intended as a shot on goal. We've conceded the most shots of any side in the division and created the least chances. It all looks a bit of a mess to me.

Walker
Rose
Dembele
Jan
Toby
Eriksen
replaced with much lesser players, we are where we're at by not purchasing the right players.
Its going to be incredibly hard to get back to where we were.. unless Enic/Levy sell up to a foreign owner with buckets of cash to splash

I still think we can push for 4th when we get important players back.

200w.gif

Walker
Rose
Dembele
Jan
Toby
Eriksen
replaced with much lesser players, we are where we're at by not purchasing the right players.
Its going to be incredibly hard to get back to where we were.. unless Enic/Levy sell up to a foreign owner with buckets of cash to splash

Agreed, and then we will just be another club who bought it. Questioning what any of it even means any more to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom