Let the fans in

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's currently a big twitter campaign for the opening up of non league football grounds and when you look at the capacity versus the average crowd, it looks like a 'no brainer'. My local team, Chesham have a capacity of over 3000 and a match day average of about 400,there is plenty of space to allow fans to come in and safe distance,

This is about the smaller teams that are often big parts of local communities and they all at threat because they get very little aid below national league level and there are hundreds of good clubs below that level.

The campaign is gathering momentum and anyone who wants to support the campaign, take a look here.. Search Twitter - #letfansin

just wondering how this might turn out

cene_magazine_WIN18_Non_League_Marc_Richards.jpg

Not like that I'd hope! If people can space themselves out then it will allow a great number of people in, but it's a fair point that if fans did this we'd then have a problem.
I'm just being silly; I'd be really happy for non league to open up again, I'm sure if that were the case it would be strictly all ticket, members, ST's spaced out, prob only seated areas, very tightly controlled and stewarded

Darn sight safer than the "good old fashioned British common sense" on display elsewhere

skynews-covid-19-england-pubs_5030496.jpg

As someone that knows non league fairly well, i can totally understand the argument to bring fans back.
However.
Many non league fans are very stubborn in their ways.They will only stand at the end their team is attacking,should they be away and its the favoured end of the home fans,i could see an issue that wouldn't have been there pre plague.

Last edited:
I cannot see how League 1 &2 and Non League teams that pay their players can survive without any fans. If many fold then the whole Football pyramid will suffer. Risk is a fact of life and going to the beach is a risk as is going to a Pub. Therefore the Government needs to allow fans back in now.

Good man is Leo. I'm sure similar is happening the length and breadth of this country.

Ruislip Social Club: Leo Morris

Dec O'Reilly
14 minutes ago

a05ab4_4d9b99d52b2f4fb3bfd91ea85597a3a3~mv2.webp

The club wants to share a change in the running of Ruislip Social Club, with Leo Morris’s management of the club ending at the end of August.

Like most non-league clubs we have been hit hard by COVID-19, most notably through the social club where we have had virtually no revenue for nearly 5 months. Most of the social club’s income arises from football and music, both of which are not expect to return to normal any time soon.

With fans not permitted to attend pre-season games and capacity restrictions being implemented, we have had to look at all costs as we try and maximise our chances of staying in the National League beyond this season.

Beyond the immediate cost pressures, we are exploring different operating models for the social club as we seek to improve our underlying finances.

Leo’s service to the club over 25 years both on and off the pitch is nothing short of incredible and this change is in no way a reflection of his achievements or commitment. In business it is not untypical to make changes to key roles and reorganise, however in a club of our size there are obviously limited other opportunities, however the possibility of Leo remaining involved in some capacity remains open.

If Leo does leave the Social Club, the Board wishes to place on record their thanks for everything he has done for the club and his popularity is testament to the man. Last year Leo and Gordon Bartlett were awarded life membership of Wealdstone Football Club and we hope Leo is a regular visitor to the club where he is always welcome.

I watched a couple of Dutch pre season games, one at Psv and the other at Feyenoord and on both occasions they had some fans in the ground, socially distanced of course. Bit weird, however it looked like small groups were allowed to sit together. Oh also fans were being served snacks whilst in their seats, contact less payments etc

I think french clubs also trailed allowing fans in for pre season game

There has been some movement for all clubs sitting below the national league, so the National League North & South downwards can allow fans in, however the National League itself appears to be classified as an elite level and therefore there is less certainty on this front.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Petitions Committee's work on this issue by completing our survey on the importance of football clubs to fans and their local communities.

A summary of the over-13,000 responses we received can be viewed here: https://committees.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/14361/default/.

Don't forget to tune in to the debate on this petition at 4.30pm this Monday 9 November, which you can watch live here: .

Back
Top Bottom