LET'S CHANGE THIS RULE.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul Gascoigne

Forum Jester
Starting this is to take my mind off of our current situation.

Which rules would you like to see change?

I remember when some said that not allowing a back pass to the goalkeeper would ruin the game.

I will start you off with a few of my favourite hates, then over to you.

No. 2 PET hate is behaviour at corners, bordering on cheating.
I suggest that no attacking player be allowed into the 6-yard box until the ball is delivered. This will stop the wrestling etc and assaults on the goalie.

No 4.

Role of the 4th official. He should be the time keeper. Also he should only be contacted by the managers if they want clarification, not because they want to swear at someone.
If he kept the clock, maybe he would make allowances if teams were endlessly wasting time.

Only the captain should be able to talk to the ref (vice captain if the captain is rolling around injured).

4 subs in a game. Why not? Maybe 5 or 6. It would add another dimension to the game and give managers greater scope to change things.

Another that has been mentioned would be orange cards.

All tactical fouls should be straight red. Have a problem with that? Don’t foul.

a yellow card worthy tackle that is also a tactical foul = 2 yellows.

Any defender fouling a forward back to goal 60 yards from goal with no attempt at the ball should be automatic yellow.
Might as well make it basketball.

Force the opposition into committing foul after foul for dangerously high feet, by fielding a team consisting entirely of dwarves.
Are you the reincarnation of Bill Veeck?

Fans are allowed to call any player/manager they like shit, or talk about their families... but they have to queue up and look the player in the eye while doing it.

Right no 1 PET hate is when a player takes the ball into the corner, just to waste time. Sometimes, having won a corner, they just stay in that corner. It usually includes one or more opponents kicking at the ankles of that player.

This should be a straight free kick to the defence.
So now with a ball in play, we are going to give free kicks because we don’t like what the player is doing with the ball?
Worse than VaR

Right no 1 PET hate is when a player takes the ball into the corner, just to waste time. Sometimes, having won a corner, they just stay in that corner. It usually includes one or more opponents kicking at the ankles of that player.

This should be a straight free kick to the defence.
I disagree.
It's no different from taking a newspaper into the khazi at 4:30 when you finish at 5 for a 20 minute sit down.
And you wouldn't want to get punished for that now, would you?...

Back
Top Bottom