Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
Honestly, ask yourselves this, does it really benefit you in life to have extreme viewpoints?

To be so stubborn with your opinions and ideas that it eliminates any form of critical thought and turns you into nothing more than a sheep just repeating the same opinions tirelessly whilst being incapable of self-reflection?

This idea that if someone changes their mind is something to be ridiculed is utterly baffling to me, I actually think it's a fantastic trait in a person to be able to reflect on their opinions and change them, especially if they feel very strongly about something.

Maybe if we all stopped cunting each other off in a game of "I told you so" and all started acting like we are imperfect humans capable of making mistakes and having the humility to admit that and all realised we support the same team here then the discourse would be better.

Just food for thought.

Levy in, Levy out, shake it all about.
That's a very good post, at first i liked it a lot but then had a think about it and determined it's a pile of old shite. x

The trouble is as usual we canā€™t win on the trophy front

We are desperate to win a domestic cup yet when Woolwich just secured their 4th FA cup in 7 years we are calling it a pointless relic of the past

2008 league cup was only great because it was Chelsea in final, the Poch peak years were infinitely more memorable than the George Graham league cup win, nobody even remembers the game

it has to be Europa League really and we know thatā€™s a total lottery. Mourinho may just be the man though

Even bringing back Bale canā€™t pull Daniel back to 50/50. Tough crowd.

Time to sign Messi??

Get back to the old 70/30 in/out split. Think that should do the trick.

Time to sign Messi??

I don't they deserved it being pulled back to 50/50on the basis of bringing back Bale, which was an opportunist signing.. We coming closer to the end of the window and they haven't signed a striker yet. We've been linked with a ton of striker since January but we seem to be doing things on the fly.

Time to sign Messi??

Finally signing a decent player in 2 years (on loan as pure chance and he's even injured to begin with) - that's his job - to sign quality players. We need a striker and a CB urgently - Bale a nice bonus

Bale on loan for one season and no striker and the ENIC in votes still comes in. It's too easy for them.

Bale on loan for one season and no striker and the ENIC in votes still comes in. It's too easy for them.
Let's see what the situation is when the window actually closes on Oct 5th. Only then can we make a true assessment. As for the striker requirement I would rather see a prolonged negotiation for the right one rather than a knee jerk reaction for someone totally unsuitable.

Bale is the typical PR transfer to paper over the real cracks such as no CB and no striker

If we sign none of those 2 before the window closes - massive fuck up

Let's see what the situation is when the window actually closes on Oct 5th. Only then can we make a true assessment. As for the striker requirement I would rather see a prolonged negotiation for the right one rather than a knee jerk reaction for someone totally unsuitable.
But we've had all window to do negotiations, we haven't even settled on a target, we just sent scouts to watch Weghorst the other day. It's terrible planning.

Youā€™re forgetting DM/ MF cover, new RB, new LB. Itā€™s not just Bale.

It looks - very much- like Levy is trying to do what Jose wants. Who knows where Bale comes in Joseā€™s wish list, but it wonā€™t do any harm if he has even a fraction of the influence of VdV, for example.

ENIC in votes are coming because Jose is clearly being backed; ENIC out votes seem to be because we are still short in one position (we do have CB cover, even if itā€™s not great). If the mythical striker arrives, and then a CB, I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see the comments change to - we need better strikers; we should have backed Poch...

Some just donā€™t like ENIC.

Youā€™re forgetting DM/ MF cover, new RB, new LB. Itā€™s not just Bale.

It looks - very much- like Levy is trying to do what Jose wants. Who knows where Bale comes in Joseā€™s wish list, but it wonā€™t do any harm if he has even a fraction of the influence of VdV, for example.

ENIC in votes are coming because Jose is clearly being backed; ENIC out votes seem to be because we are still short in one position (we do have CB cover, even if itā€™s not great). If the mythical striker arrives, and then a CB, I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see the comments change to - we need better strikers; we should have backed Poch...

Some just donā€™t like ENIC.
More votes started coming in when we signed Bale, Incomplete_usernam Incomplete_usernam even changed his vote because of it. I don't like ENIC but it's not for no reason and I've already outlined what they would need to do to get me onside. I've already said if we get a good striker in I'd be happy with the window, even though I'm not especially keen on PEH and Hart.

Back
Top Bottom