Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Another false dawn looking on the back of a shocking transfer window and start to a season with Championship levels players and a manager who seems to be less relevant tactically than a typewriter

Years of underinvestment, lies and thieving of honest fans

Time to go or give them one more season?

At the moment, I don’t speak in hate as he has done amazing with the stadium but we need a new vision in my view. Everyone’s time comes to an end. If he can remove himself from the football side completely and hire a director of football I could live with that.

At the moment, I don’t speak in hate as he has done amazing with the stadium but we need a new vision in my view. Everyone’s time comes to an end.
I agree - off the field he's fine, but football wise he's had so many howlers. Bad appointments, lack of backing at critical times. He's risk averse when it comes to signings but then lobs out 15m/year on a dinosaur.

Out. Because one look at that waste of skin Steve Hitchins left me cold and then his comments about hating the transfer window when it’s one of his two yearly opportunities to do his job just, for me, shows what the staff of ENIC truly understand about football. I had a rough idea what Levy is like from the various people I know who have dealt with him in business. But employees tend to reflect their employers and this lot are bad fucking news in my view.

I want us to become a BD type of club

Well, for starters Dortmund's season tickets are less than half the price, and they have a professional backroom operation willing to regularly do business for key players at fair prices without dick-measuring psychodrama.

But the reality is, what you actually want is to be in a league where we're only looking upward at one team. That's simply not the reality in England. Were ENIC's Spurs in the Bundesliga they'd have a flush trophy cabinet.

At the top of English football at this moment in time you're either making a mockery of financial controls or you're a mug and a permanent loser, period, end of story.

There is no third choice and the time for choosing for ENIC has arrived. They will either have a more robust cash flow or a less valuable asset, the paths have diverged. This is no longer the business Daniel Levy got into.

The ENIC In case and the ENIC Out case are basically the same:

Spurs are fucking rich. Absolutely swimming in cash. Covid puts a temporary damper on that, but we have a money printing machine sitting on the Tottenham High Road.

Last summer reflected that. Future summers must as well.

I have been on the Levy and ENIC out bandwagon for the best part of 6/7 years now. Results don’t suddenly change my opinion. I have always been of the opinion they hold us back massively on the playing field and their sole ambition is to create a brand with profit.

Glory to them on the pitch is a secondary target, as long as they are making money through Lady GAGA concerts, NFL, balancing the books etc. They harbour no ambition like the other top clubs, hence why Levy is literally a perfect match for them. A tight fisted asshole who’s comments prove he is not willing to take that extra step to truly make this club successful. Always blaming other people. Always making excuses for his failings.

If anything, this amazon documentary has made him look an even more of a twat. “ it’s so hard buying players “ blah blah blah. Then why do other clubs find it so easy then? Fed up of his antics and sick to death of going every season unprepared, meaning we usually start the season shit. No striker back up now for over a year, utter shambles they are.

It’s fine to look back at history to decide if someone deserves to stay or go, if that’s your thing. However, I’m more about what he’s doing now and what he can do in the future. And I believe he’s as good as we can get to secure a successful period in the coming years.

The history thing does bother me a bit. It’s like saying that Bale was shite in his first couple of seasons, so wanting him sold. Then when he hit form, still wanting him sold. To change your mind isn’t a sign of weakness, it’s quite the opposite.

I’d imagine many posters who changed their vote can see that we have a chairman who is backing a manager that knows what he wants. A refreshing change in both respects.

I agree - off the field he's fine, but football wise he's had so many howlers. Bad appointments, lack of backing at critical times. He's risk averse when it comes to signings but then lobs out 15m/year on a dinosaur.
Levy isnt stupid. Bribing the manager with a huge wage is much cheaper than actually having a to spend big on players.

I think a lot of people have pointed out the sea change in strategy from ENIC that a lot of others try to ignore. ENIC showed ambition when they didn't sell Rose, Eriksen, Toby, Kane, etc. They gave Poch the chance to push on with the squad.
How about not signing reinforcements when he asked to?

Swiss Ramble showing that only Man Utd owners have invested less than ENIC over the past 5 years out of the entire PL. They can get away with it, being the giant they are.

ENIC demonstrating that they are simply an investment company for Uncle Joe. Tottenham Hotspur, anchor tenant, and a property development company.

The ENIC In case and the ENIC Out case are basically the same:

Spurs are fucking rich. Absolutely swimming in cash. Covid puts a temporary damper on that, but we have a money printing machine sitting on the Tottenham High Road.

Last summer reflected that. Future summers must as well.
Even when they spent a lot that summer, they did it poorly. They Need to go mate. Most of the time don't spend enough. Then when they do, they usually mess it up. Time to give someone else a crack. The odd trophy so far in 2 decades. They ain't got what it takes & aren't willing to do what it takes.
Honestly, you may think they will take us to the next level once fans can attend but they won't.

John Thomas John Thomas right now ......

8bAw.gif

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the blame for the slump since UCL Final lies squarely at the feet of Levy and his tight-fistedness.
As many of us on this forum point out, the method Levy uses to avoid shouldering this blame is getting a new man in and silencing us all as we become excited at another false dawn.
My real question is, could it get to the stage where fans are protesting the ownership at matchdays and outside WHL etc?
Although nowhere near on the crooked scale, could we become like Newcastle fans and their over-decade long fight trying to get rid of Ashley?
I cannot believe we are at this stage after having ran Chavs so close in 2017 and getting to Madrid in 2019.
Such an opportunity to take the club and the squad to the next level, and the chance has been thrown away due to shrewdness and lack of ambition.
When does it get to the stage that the fans wake up en masse and begin to rail against Levy/ENIC?
What will be left of Spurs by the time the club changes hands, if it ever does?
The last couple years have been the most exciting to support Spurs in my 26 years. It sickens me to the stomach that Scrooge McDuck has thrown that excitement away for a positive balance sheet

Back
Top Bottom