Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
Out for me too. Everything has gone stale and predictable. Desperately need new focus and an injection of positivity. Absolutely nothing on the horizon instills any confidence about the future of the club as a top footballing side and that to me is a major warning sign.

Levy gambled last November thinking our squad was still top drawer and Mourinho was still 2003 to 2010 Mourinho who could sort them out without a big rebuild so chucked a load of money at him. Turns out we have a manager who is a busted flush and a squad that still needs a big rebuild. In any other business heads would roll for such poor judgement.

The problem with Levy staying but moving away from the football side is he'll still have the final say on fees for sales and money available meaning they'd still be a logjam in moving players on and no flexibility in signings. This is pretty much why Mitchell left us so quickly.

Levy gambled last November thinking our squad was still top drawer and Mourinho was still 2003 to 2010 Mourinho who could sort them out without a big rebuild so chucked a load of money at him. Turns out we have a manager who is a busted flush and a squad that still needs a big rebuild. In any other business heads would roll for such poor judgement.
He would be sacked. Cost us a small fortune & a lot of time. Massive error. Instead he gets millions in the form of a bonus. Alright for some.

Will never admit they backed the wrong horse. So will defend our owners no matter what. Even if we Sold kane for 200m & spend none of it, they would defend it.

Too many who want to be the bestest Spurs supporter ever and will blindly support anything to do with the club without question, the poor souls.

The grass isn't allways greener, they say.

Well, I'm prepared to take the chance

Eh20eHGWsAMc6a7
Almost another trophy. Get in.

Mate you don't buy the thing for 1.5 billion and then pay off the loan in the same way you don't but somebodys house and pay off the existing mortgage/debt they have on the house.

The debt is Enics, reality is they won't sell for years because say the club is worth 1.5 billion then enic only get 800 million of that if they sell for that price and the other 700 million services their debt, from their perspective every year the stadium pays for its self and gives them a little bit more equity each year, they are increasing their net worth year on year.
Exactly what it is. They are screwing the club for their own profits.

I already wanted them out before the documentary and had long lost faith in their ability to improve on the football side of the business (the most important part as a football club) but after watching the documentary I felt sick to my stomach.

Watching that board meeting with Levy and his fucking penny counting numbskulls and then seeing the sheer incompetence of our staff (Hitchens specifically) whilst having to endure seeing Levy walking around with his head over everyones shoulder trying to interfere wherever possible like some sort of megalomaniac made me cringe.

Is this what the Liverpool chairman does on a daily basis do you think? Walk around the lunch room trying to convince the manager to keep players who want to leave and lurching around in the background pretending to act like "one of the boys" when he is anything but.

Look, he's good at running a business for profit but he should be nowhere near footballing decisions, as a matter of fact, ENIC should be nowhere near this football club if we ever want to be anything other than the bridesmaids, at this rate we aren't even getting an invite to the wedding, utterly shit and the buck stops at the owners I am afraid, it's time that THEY took the blame.
Fantastic post

But it seems the tide is turning - we need to get this cancer out this great club once and for all

We're going to turn in to the Liverpool of transfer windows....next year's our year for the big transfers a club of our stature deserves.
I'll take that given it prompted Liverpool to actually act upon years of failure resulting in sensible and prudent recruitment. However,this relies on having bold and intelligent people in senior positions which is where I worry.
Put it this way: when Liverpool sold Coutinho people said it was mad. Their best player,many people said,citing a lack of ambition. Instead,they had done their research,clearly identified the positions and players they needed to have a crack at the league, and executed it down to a tee. They paid big money for these players but in a way it was a safe investment. Why? Because they did their homework.
Contrast this with us at Spurs when we sold Bale..and scatter gun spent the cash. Of those we reinvested the cash in,only Eriksen proved a good acquisition. Chiriches? Lamela? Chadli,etc? Less so...
My point is that I'm beginning to think that selling our crown jewel,Harry,is the way we refresh this team and turn a corner. However,we need the right people and right strategy in terms of how to spend that cash and I'm not convinced those individuals exist at the club at present and all we would do now would be to repeat the mistakes of the past with the Bale money.
One thing is for sure...Harry Kane isn't staying with the bunch of players around him for much longer..

Well he probably doesn't have to pay for the meal that way. Canteen got Levy'd!! :levylol: They had to cut the shots on the amazon doc of him stuffing his pockets with pastries before leaving for the day.
Airfixx has been on ignore for a long time. But I can imagine his defence. " levy is just using the playing staff canteen to save the club from building him a canteen as well.
Also saves on hiring another dinnerlady"

New to the forum, and after watching most of the Amazon documentary, I cannot help but feel it has had an entirely negative impact on the squad. Levy/Enic needed the cash after borrowing mega-money to finance one of the best stadiums in Europe but with this Amazon Doc and lack of investment in players at the right times, you reap what you sow.
I cannot help but think the players are unhappy seeing or hearing about the documentary so close to the start of the season and I think this is a factor in some of the attitudes we were seeing on Sunday. Can any Spurs fan honestly say they are pleased with the way Danny Rose was portrayed and treated in the doc after so many years of service? To be honest, he is probably correct in his comments about still being the best left-back after Sunday's performance. Not happy at the moment and I will not get too down after one game, but I do except a roller-coaster season ahead as the negative football tactics is a serious issue for me.
Too true. The documentary is a needless intrusion & distraction. But as per usual levy puts the buisness side before the footballing side. We are in a mess, last thing players & managers need is cameras everywhere. Just adds to an already strained situation.

You missed the good years and gross with his train ticket. Can I ask why you started supporting Spurs? Sorry if i was overly cuntish before.
No worries mate , I am fully aware that I am a moaning git most of the time

All down to my Dad , took me to my first game when I was about 6 months old I believe and we both had season tickets for years until it became too expensive

Going to change my vote based on the fact that I think ENIC and Levy are genuinely trying to win something, making signings of the calibre we have does not happen if they are happy to settle for second best.

Happy to be proven wrong!

This is a huge step in the right direction, we need to get a striker in now which I am sure we will before the window shuts.

John Thomas has had one fucking rough week lads......he is smarting.
Meanwhile his all time must sign Anthony Martial is getting schooled by Andros Townsend

Why be grateful for Bale and Reguilon, and Hojberg and Doherty when we didn’t spend 300M on Bony, Barkley and Berahino

Back
Top Bottom