Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
Sadly not... Just oodles of love and gratitude from the adoring masses. :)
Hey, i notice your'e yet to cast your vote.

Come on. The whole forum is on the edge of their seats wondering where your x is going.

tenor.gif

The suspense is building

Out. Because one look at that waste of skin Steve Hitchins left me cold and then his comments about hating the transfer window when it’s one of his two yearly opportunities to do his job just, for me, shows what the staff of ENIC truly understand about football. I had a rough idea what Levy is like from the various people I know who have dealt with him in business. But employees tend to reflect their employers and this lot are bad fucking news in my view.

I mean doing it the wrong way. I think there needs to be a complete overhaul in world football where a salary cap is put in place. I know that won't happen, but if Spurs become a City and just purchase £80m players left, right, and center than I am out.
Well that is up to you of course but if the club were spending that type of money, then we would be successful left, right and centre shame that you would wish to miss it.

I want us to become a BD type of club

Well, for starters Dortmund's season tickets are less than half the price, and they have a professional backroom operation willing to regularly do business for key players at fair prices without dick-measuring psychodrama.

But the reality is, what you actually want is to be in a league where we're only looking upward at one team. That's simply not the reality in England. Were ENIC's Spurs in the Bundesliga they'd have a flush trophy cabinet.

At the top of English football at this moment in time you're either making a mockery of financial controls or you're a mug and a permanent loser, period, end of story.

There is no third choice and the time for choosing for ENIC has arrived. They will either have a more robust cash flow or a less valuable asset, the paths have diverged. This is no longer the business Daniel Levy got into.

Well, for starters Dortmund's season tickets are less than half the price, and they have a professional backroom operation willing to regularly do business for key players at fair prices without dick-measuring psychodrama.

But the reality is, what you actually want is to be in a league where we're only looking upward at one team. That's simply not the reality in England. Were ENIC's Spurs in the Bundesliga they'd have a flush trophy cabinet.

At the top of English football at this moment in time you're either making a mockery of financial controls or you're a mug and a permanent loser, period, end of story.

There is no third choice and the time for choosing for ENIC has arrived. They will either have a more robust cash flow or a less valuable asset, the paths have diverged. This is no longer the business Daniel Levy got into.

Liverpool haven't been cash cows in many respects.

For me the turning point was sacking Poch and making him a scapegoat for his failed transfer strategy and then hiring this negative clown to replace him and even on top - not even backing him proper in the transfer window for the second time coming

Liverpool haven't been cash cows in many respects.

Liverpool have spent exactly "Whatever It Takes Pounds"

They had it, they knew they had it, and they spent more than Spurs' record transfer fee on a goalkeeper, and a net spend of almost 150 million in one window because that's what was necessary to kick on.

We were in that position once. But no longer. It's a MUCH more expensive rebuild now if we're ever to sniff the PL title, which is transparently not the intention of our ownership so it's not even really worth talking about.

But even a real cup threat looks a nine figure sum that doesn't start with a 1 away on today's evidence.

Again that is just the financial reality of the Premier League in 2020. Put up or shut up, the Business Fairy isn't coming to console you.

I think Levy and Enic did a great job until they got too desperate for trophies under Poch's regime. Clubs like Spurs and BD have to sell their best players to develop new talent, we can not and should not keep players like Rose and Eriksen until and beyond the point where they sour and cost us morale and money.

AA lot of people dislike them for not spending enough. In my opinion an equally great, or greater, failing was to not sell players at the right time (and subsequently reinvesting, of course).

An interesting perspective (and your subsequent explanation makes sense).... But in contrast to the "unnacceptable lack of ambitions" rants of others; it's a compelling twist.

Keep being you, fella! :mourthumb:

An interesting perspective (and your subsequent explanation makes sense).... But in contrast to the "unnacceptable lack of ambitions" rants of others; it's a compelling twist.

Keep being you, fella! :mourthumb:
I think a lot of people have pointed out the sea change in strategy from ENIC that a lot of others try to ignore. ENIC showed ambition when they didn't sell Rose, Eriksen, Toby, Kane, etc. They gave Poch the chance to push on with the squad. The reality is we just don't have the cash to pay the wages to keep top internationals like that happy and invest over a billion pounds in the stadium and training ground infrastructure and spend hundreds of millions more on transfer fees.

We rolled the dice that Poch and Co. could win something with this squad, and allowed hundreds of millions in transfer fee value depreciate to keep it together. And then we came up short.

Some people completely ignore that. It costs money to hold in to assets as well. And now we're gonna have a very hard road forward, because there's not much of serious value left in the squad to start rebuilding with.

I think a lot of people have pointed out the sea change in strategy from ENIC that a lot of others try to ignore. ENIC showed ambition when they didn't sell Rose, Eriksen, Toby, Kane, etc. They gave Poch the chance to push on with the squad. The reality is we just don't have the cash to pay the wages to keep top internationals like that happy and invest over a billion pounds in the stadium and training ground infrastructure.

We rolled the dice that Poch and Co. could win something with this squad, and allowed hundreds of millions in transfer fee value depreciate to keep it together. And then we came up short.

Some people completely ignore that. It costs money to hold in to assets as well. And now we're gonna have a very hard road forward, because there's not much of serious value left in the squad to start rebuilding with.

Nice post mate... More concise than I'd have managed. 👍

Back
Top Bottom