Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
I can't help but think this season if it fails then the whole structure collapses. ENIC will see it as financially prudent to get out before the squad stars demand transfers and the fans revolt.
Now I know we've joked about Jeff Bezos but after his company's recent documentary he will have a good insight about the workings of a Premier club. I'm sure he will have had the chance to see every bit of film, not just the edits that we watch.
Maybe, just maybe (let me dream here) he will decide to try his hand at owning a club. The ground is not a concern so it's basically the right manager and players to complement it. That requires good advice and loads of cash. He has access to both.
Just a thought to cheer myself up after a weekend that sees Woolwich go top and Spurs make 17th spot.
Yes nurse, I'll go back to my ward now.

17th, we avoid relegation while West Ham don't...

tenor.gif

P.S. Looks like Admin Admin has been doing some poll cleaning :sonpoint:

I think a lot of people have pointed out the sea change in strategy from ENIC that a lot of others try to ignore. ENIC showed ambition when they didn't sell Rose, Eriksen, Toby, Kane, etc. They gave Poch the chance to push on with the squad.
How about not signing reinforcements when he asked to?

Why do this? Its a futile question whether ENIC should be in or not. They are, end of discussion.

Last I saw we are valued at 1.6 billion, up significantly from years ago. Profits are up. But Levy and Lewis should go because TFC has a poll. This is Spammer level stuff.

Does anyone seriously think they can force owners out by an online poll, a march of 9 people, or fans protesting? How has it worked against the Glazers? GSB?
It is all a pointless question.
Do you honestly think this is the only place people share this sentiment? Half the stadium empty for home games where we keep playing like shit would nail it home pretty quick

And the question is more about what you think about ENIC as a fan

ENIC should have got out when the stock of the team was high. They have no funds to do a rebuild that's why we got Gedson for a 2 million loan and are looking to buy Sloth from crystal palace, who can't even get into their team. Loss revenue from coronavirus and no champions league revenue, can't raise funds from player sales because nobody wants them, we are in big trouble.

They have done some things ok but 20 years is a long time and they've gone massively stale. We still operate in the market like its 2004 and we can go and nab Defoe, Robinson, Carrick etc on the cheap from cash strapped clubs. There seems little or no planning and not backing Poch properly in 2016/ 2017 was unforgiveable. The same problems have been with us for years, dont move players on quickly enough, late panic buys, lack of ambition and vision. The amazon doc just highlights the whole ramshackle, amarteurish looking set up on the football side in these days of clubs operating like the slick, billionaire businessess that they are. Its time for change.

for a bunch of misfits we're a pretty level headed bunch most of the time and all want the same so I'm sure most can appreciate the progress we have made in the last 15 years – a lot of credit should go to Levy.

I can't help but feel on the footballing side (management, structure, scouting and transfers) he comes up woefully short (pun intended).

The place the club is now in on a global scale surely warrants a change in structure, him giving a budget to the footballing side so he can look at the overall model and step away from the day-to-day running.

I love football but this last 12 months have been hard, yesterday ruined my Sunday afternoon, I was seething... it's not fair on the family. I wont let football do this every weekend.

Last edited:
ENIC should have got out when the stock of the team was high. They have no funds to do a rebuild that's why we got Gedson for a 2 million loan and are looking to buy Sloth from crystal palace, who can't even get into their team. Loss revenue from coronavirus and no champions league revenue, can't raise funds from player sales because nobody wants them, we are in big trouble.
Spot on, this has got all the hallmarks of what has happened at United. Leveraged the club with huge amounts of debt to generate record profits that go straight to the shareholders. The stadium now looks like a horrendous investment (unless a vaccine is found ASAP) and it is telling that we still cannot find a sponsor for "The best football stadium in the world".

The other problem I see is ENIC demanding a sale price that is unachievable (I would guess £1.5bn or above) and with outstanding loans at £800m who has the appetite to buy? This year is going to be huge for the club off the pitch and it is clearly going to need ENIC to put money into the club at some stage.

The no trophy thing hurts a lot, of course, but lets look at it a bit more rationally. We've chucked domestic cups and Europa League games with half arsed effort ever since Harry Redknapp. It continued through Sherwood and it's a stain on Pochettinos otherwise excellent record. So we weren't interested. But some people seem to think that winning a Carling Cup would be a bigger deal than reaching a Champions League final. It's not. We were targeting the biggest trophies of all in an era where City have unlimited spending power on the back of Chelsea having the same.

We punched massively above our weight under Poch, a bit more investment might have got us a title and that's devastating. What hurts for me is that we gave up on that. Levy has invested in Mourinho and we're fucked until this is over in my opinion. No amount of edited Amazon footage is going to change my mind.

Swiss Ramble showing that only Man Utd owners have invested less than ENIC over the past 5 years out of the entire PL. They can get away with it, being the giant they are.

ENIC demonstrating that they are simply an investment company for Uncle Joe. Tottenham Hotspur, anchor tenant, and a property development company.

The no trophy thing hurts a lot, of course, but lets look at it a bit more rationally. We've chucked domestic cups and Europa League games with half arsed effort ever since Harry Redknapp. It continued through Sherwood and it's a stain on Pochettinos otherwise excellent record. So we weren't interested. But some people seem to think that winning a Carling Cup would be a bigger deal than reaching a Champions League final. It's not. We were targeting the biggest trophies of all in an era where City have unlimited spending power on the back of Chelsea having the same.

We punched massively above our weight under Poch, a bit more investment might have got us a title and that's devastating. What hurts for me is that we gave up on that. Levy has invested in Mourinho and we're fucked until this is over in my opinion. No amount of edited Amazon footage is going to change my mind.
Brilliant post. I feel like we're just treading water until the manager is changed, ENIC sell or both. It feels like we're back to pre Poch, possibly even pre Arnesen/Jol.

Spot on, this has got all the hallmarks of what has happened at United. Leveraged the club with huge amounts of debt to generate record profits that go straight to the shareholders. The stadium now looks like a horrendous investment (unless a vaccine is found ASAP) and it is telling that we still cannot find a sponsor for "The best football stadium in the world".

The other problem I see is ENIC demanding a sale price that is unachievable (I would guess £1.5bn or above) and with outstanding loans at £800m who has the appetite to buy? This year is going to be huge for the club off the pitch and it is clearly going to need ENIC to put money into the club at some stage.

Mate you don't buy the thing for 1.5 billion and then pay off the loan in the same way you don't but somebodys house and pay off the existing mortgage/debt they have on the house.

The debt is Enics, reality is they won't sell for years because say the club is worth 1.5 billion then enic only get 800 million of that if they sell for that price and the other 700 million services their debt, from their perspective every year the stadium pays for its self and gives them a little bit more equity each year, they are increasing their net worth year on year.

My main criticism of Levy has always been he shits the bed when we are close to glory and just need 1-2 special players like peak Redknapp or certainly peak Poch to get us over the line where we then go into a decline phase as we run out of steam.

Mourinho is a gamble for the club and a big one, I do want it to work even if the football is shit, I would accept shit football for a title. However if it’s just shit football then like AVB it will be best to say thanks but no thanks.

Levy should have been more strategic, we could have become the BVB of the prem. Buying young talent and selling for a high price to get round our cheap skate Joe Lewis owner. Even if Poch has still failed we could have looked at young up and coming managers who play and develop young players, Nagglesman the obvious but there are others.

The problem I see is simple and has been pointed out many times, how can an austerity club fund a manager who loves and needs to spend. I thought when Mourinho got appointed either we are spending to the moon or Levy is a fool.

We can’t force out Levy or Lewis but we can put pressure on them to improve and get a director of football to fix the football aspects of the club.

I've now turned to out.

We are going nowhere fast. The extent of ENIC's ambition is top 4 and a league cup.

Why bother building a world class stadium and training facility if your ambition is 2nd tier.

Its the equivalent of my pub team who get about 20 fans a week mostly wives and girlfriends building a stand that holds 1000.
Unless as some have already said they are trying to start an NFL franchise and Spurs is just secondary.

Last edited:
Out for me too. Everything has gone stale and predictable. Desperately need new focus and an injection of positivity. Absolutely nothing on the horizon instills any confidence about the future of the club as a top footballing side and that to me is a major warning sign.

Back
Top Bottom