Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters

Not wholly true is it?

ENIC Group (formerly English National Investment Company) is a British investment company. ENIC is owned by Joe Lewis (through Tavistock Group). ENIC is Bahamas-registered subsidiary, ENIC International Limited, currently holds 85.55% of the total issued share capital of English Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspur. Club chairman Daniel Levy and his family own 29.4% of the share capital of ENIC International Limited, while Lewis owns 70.6%

Mate you don't buy the thing for 1.5 billion and then pay off the loan in the same way you don't but somebodys house and pay off the existing mortgage/debt they have on the house.

The debt is Enics, reality is they won't sell for years because say the club is worth 1.5 billion then enic only get 800 million of that if they sell for that price and the other 700 million services their debt, from their perspective every year the stadium pays for its self and gives them a little bit more equity each year, they are increasing their net worth year on year.
Exactly what it is. They are screwing the club for their own profits.

John Thomas John Thomas right now ......

8bAw.gif

I already wanted them out before the documentary and had long lost faith in their ability to improve on the football side of the business (the most important part as a football club) but after watching the documentary I felt sick to my stomach.

Watching that board meeting with Levy and his fucking penny counting numbskulls and then seeing the sheer incompetence of our staff (Hitchens specifically) whilst having to endure seeing Levy walking around with his head over everyones shoulder trying to interfere wherever possible like some sort of megalomaniac made me cringe.

Is this what the Liverpool chairman does on a daily basis do you think? Walk around the lunch room trying to convince the manager to keep players who want to leave and lurching around in the background pretending to act like "one of the boys" when he is anything but.

Look, he's good at running a business for profit but he should be nowhere near footballing decisions, as a matter of fact, ENIC should be nowhere near this football club if we ever want to be anything other than the bridesmaids, at this rate we aren't even getting an invite to the wedding, utterly shit and the buck stops at the owners I am afraid, it's time that THEY took the blame.

You know why he does as well, he wants everyone, manager included, to know he's there at all times, watching over every single aspect of the club, WAY too much interference imo.

Maybe instead of appointing a manager he should just do the job, I reckon he fancies himself for it.

Oh I dunno, it was Poch who was into that Orwellian stuff.

I think it's more that he fancies himself One of the Lads. Or maybe he just doesn't realize how inappropriate that is.

Levy's work should be done at the Lillywhite House, he should not be part of the day-to-day setup in Enfield.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the blame for the slump since UCL Final lies squarely at the feet of Levy and his tight-fistedness.
As many of us on this forum point out, the method Levy uses to avoid shouldering this blame is getting a new man in and silencing us all as we become excited at another false dawn.
My real question is, could it get to the stage where fans are protesting the ownership at matchdays and outside WHL etc?
Although nowhere near on the crooked scale, could we become like Newcastle fans and their over-decade long fight trying to get rid of Ashley?
I cannot believe we are at this stage after having ran Chavs so close in 2017 and getting to Madrid in 2019.
Such an opportunity to take the club and the squad to the next level, and the chance has been thrown away due to shrewdness and lack of ambition.
When does it get to the stage that the fans wake up en masse and begin to rail against Levy/ENIC?
What will be left of Spurs by the time the club changes hands, if it ever does?
The last couple years have been the most exciting to support Spurs in my 26 years. It sickens me to the stomach that Scrooge McDuck has thrown that excitement away for a positive balance sheet

I think people would have sympathised more with Levy had we atleast TRIED to show some ambition in the market at critical points of various seasons when even pundits and other club fans were in agreement that we were playing some of the best football in the league.

Still to this day I think our best peak was under Redknapp. He was a cult hero. A massive personality who got us playing quality football and gave us our confidence back. Harry Redknapp in a way, saved us from Levy at a time when we looked like we was going to get relegated in the 08-09 season. 2 points from 8 games and not a single win. Having sacked Martin Jol the previous season off the back of a 5th place finish (ironically due to Levy randomly deciding to slyly sack him barely into the season) and replacing him with Juande Ramos, that season was testiment to what happens when you give Daniel Levy complete and total control of THFC. It ends in chaos. Redknapp, with his PL experience, no nonsense approach, strong character, and ability to perform well with limited resources, was the perfect ying to Levys yang and kept him in check. In Redknapps last season was possibly the best Spurs team iv ever seen under the Levy era. when we had Bale, Modric, VDV, Adebayor, Scott Parker. That was a damn good team of unity albeit very little squad depth and not the greatest defence, but Dawson and Gallas (free transfer) did a solid job. It had experienced older players mixed with young up and coming, and a few world class beaters in Bale, Modric and VDV. Every player had its role and just slotted in perfectly and had us playing some of our most confident and exciting football Iv ever seen us play. To put things in to perspective, this is the season where Adebayor was brought in on loan, having half of his wages paid by City. The same year we brought in Scott Parker for around 5M, to which Redknapp had to BEG Levy to get because Parker was old and had no resale value. The same season where in a crucial January window, Levy gave us an old Saha and Ryan Nelson. The same season where at this point, things began to crumble and we gave up something like a 14 point lead. A great team, but lacked the squad depth to stay competitive for an entire season. And that sums up Levys tenure. Managers or "head coaches" as Levy likes to say, can only get so much out of the players given to the them, which they do for an extended period of time until the players have been drained. Ultimately Levy holds the key when it comes down to the transfer business end. And time after time, when we are 2-3 years into a new spurs cycle, and things are going well, it's Levys failure to strengthen at crucial times that ultimately causes the wheels to fall off. And after a few seasons of champions league money and TV revenue, he has doubled down in this ideology.

The rest we all know about Levys tight fistedness. I personally think Harry Kane has carried us for a number of years now. Its been 7 years since we went out and brought a proper world class striker. Kane turning out the player he is was an accident to the club. Still, because of Mourinhos personality and ability to stand up to owners, I still think he can be successful, IF Levy backs down and let's Mourinho do his job. I still think Mourinho is holding back himself because being at a club like Spurs is relatively new territory for him. However, Levy is indefensible at this point. This transfer window and last years transfer window have been an utter joke.

Last edited:
The worm appears to be turning John Thomas John Thomas

Airfixx Airfixx you're fired Levy needs a better spin doctor
The scary thing about not being able to think for yourself though is that so many of the people now voting out have based it on the Everton game.

Let’s be honest, had we won, this thread wouldn’t even exist would it.

So basically, new owners because Jose made shit subs, and Ndombele wasn’t Pele after all, like a big chunk of them thought he was.

Then you get the hardcore like scott scott ......1470 posts in here but you won’t find him in a match thread.

Last edited:
The scary thing about not being able to think for yourself though is that so many of the people now voting out have based it on the Everton game.

Let’s be honest, had we won, this thread wouldn’t even exist would it.
It's called 'the straw that broke the camel's back" sammy. Everyone has a breaking point and starting the new season with such an abject performance may well have brought a lot of people to reach theirs.
The total lack of a retaliatory reaction to them scoring gave the fans no hope whatsoever of a comeback and nothing to indicate positive changes in the offing.
Sad start and alarm bells ringing in the distance already.

I already wanted them out before the documentary and had long lost faith in their ability to improve on the football side of the business (the most important part as a football club) but after watching the documentary I felt sick to my stomach.

Watching that board meeting with Levy and his fucking penny counting numbskulls and then seeing the sheer incompetence of our staff (Hitchens specifically) whilst having to endure seeing Levy walking around with his head over everyones shoulder trying to interfere wherever possible like some sort of megalomaniac made me cringe.

Is this what the Liverpool chairman does on a daily basis do you think? Walk around the lunch room trying to convince the manager to keep players who want to leave and lurching around in the background pretending to act like "one of the boys" when he is anything but.

Look, he's good at running a business for profit but he should be nowhere near footballing decisions, as a matter of fact, ENIC should be nowhere near this football club if we ever want to be anything other than the bridesmaids, at this rate we aren't even getting an invite to the wedding, utterly shit and the buck stops at the owners I am afraid, it's time that THEY took the blame.
Fantastic post

But it seems the tide is turning - we need to get this cancer out this great club once and for all

Back
Top Bottom