Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
I'm still Levy/Enic in and José out.

Mostly based on the investments made last summer and hoping that this will be the norm for coming not Covid years. However the recruitment department needs to be upgraded and we can't keep playing José-football.

Last edited:
Some people actually watch football matches without seeing the need to type during it
What about some actual input after or before though?
And how about some input when we win?

I typed fuck all during the Everton match but the thread is up for a week before and weeks after the 90.

Little interest in the actual sport, but plenty when it comes to the politics.

New to the forum, and after watching most of the Amazon documentary, I cannot help but feel it has had an entirely negative impact on the squad. Levy/Enic needed the cash after borrowing mega-money to finance one of the best stadiums in Europe but with this Amazon Doc and lack of investment in players at the right times, you reap what you sow.
I cannot help but think the players are unhappy seeing or hearing about the documentary so close to the start of the season and I think this is a factor in some of the attitudes we were seeing on Sunday. Can any Spurs fan honestly say they are pleased with the way Danny Rose was portrayed and treated in the doc after so many years of service? To be honest, he is probably correct in his comments about still being the best left-back after Sunday's performance. Not happy at the moment and I will not get too down after one game, but I do except a roller-coaster season ahead as the negative football tactics is a serious issue for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
New to the forum, and after watching most of the Amazon documentary, I cannot help but feel it has had an entirely negative impact on the squad. Levy/Enic needed the cash after borrowing mega-money to finance one of the best stadiums in Europe but with this Amazon Doc and lack of investment in players at the right times, you reap what you sow.
I cannot help but think the players are unhappy seeing or hearing about the documentary so close to the start of the season and I think this is a factor in some of the attitudes we were seeing on Sunday. Can any Spurs fan honestly say they are pleased with the way Danny Rose was portrayed and treated in the doc after so many years of service? To be honest, he is probably correct in his comments about still being the best left-back after Sunday's performance. Not happy at the moment and I will not get too down after one game, but I do except a roller-coaster season ahead as the negative football tactics is a serious issue for me.
Firstly, welcome to the forum.

I can't help but see this contradiction in you post.

You're basically saying that we are skint;
" Levy/Enic needed the cash after borrowing mega-money to finance one of the best stadiums in Europe"

And then criticise them for not spending;
" and lack of investment in players at the right times"

You can't say that we're skint and then criticise them for not spending.
The first one is in no way true, we spent over £100m in the last 2 windows, so we're not skint. Obvs Covid will have an effect, how much will be judged later.

On Danny, he maybe the best LB but if is attitude is crap he doesn't play.

We're going to turn in to the Liverpool of transfer windows....next year's our year for the big transfers a club of our stature deserves.
I'll take that given it prompted Liverpool to actually act upon years of failure resulting in sensible and prudent recruitment. However,this relies on having bold and intelligent people in senior positions which is where I worry.
Put it this way: when Liverpool sold Coutinho people said it was mad. Their best player,many people said,citing a lack of ambition. Instead,they had done their research,clearly identified the positions and players they needed to have a crack at the league, and executed it down to a tee. They paid big money for these players but in a way it was a safe investment. Why? Because they did their homework.
Contrast this with us at Spurs when we sold Bale..and scatter gun spent the cash. Of those we reinvested the cash in,only Eriksen proved a good acquisition. Chiriches? Lamela? Chadli,etc? Less so...
My point is that I'm beginning to think that selling our crown jewel,Harry,is the way we refresh this team and turn a corner. However,we need the right people and right strategy in terms of how to spend that cash and I'm not convinced those individuals exist at the club at present and all we would do now would be to repeat the mistakes of the past with the Bale money.
One thing is for sure...Harry Kane isn't staying with the bunch of players around him for much longer..

Well he probably doesn't have to pay for the meal that way. Canteen got Levy'd!! :levylol: They had to cut the shots on the amazon doc of him stuffing his pockets with pastries before leaving for the day.
Airfixx has been on ignore for a long time. But I can imagine his defence. " levy is just using the playing staff canteen to save the club from building him a canteen as well.
Also saves on hiring another dinnerlady"

This club has money before, during and after the stadium build, but we are run with the brakes on held back by levy and co who don't believe that investing in bigger numbers will bring success.
Whilst the facilities are world beating the team suffers through a lack of proper investigation and recruitment, the team looks like it is on the slide which hasn't been halted since the decline started with poch.

Too true. The documentary is a needless intrusion & distraction. But as per usual levy puts the buisness side before the footballing side. We are in a mess, last thing players & managers need is cameras everywhere. Just adds to an already strained situation.

I'll take that given it prompted Liverpool to actually act upon years of failure resulting in sensible and prudent recruitment. However,this relies on having bold and intelligent people in senior positions which is where I worry.
Put it this way: when Liverpool sold Coutinho people said it was mad. Their best player,many people said,citing a lack of ambition. Instead,they had done their research,clearly identified the positions and players they needed to have a crack at the league, and executed it down to a tee. They paid big money for these players but in a way it was a safe investment. Why? Because they did their homework.
Contrast this with us at Spurs when we sold Bale..and scatter gun spent the cash. Of those we reinvested the cash in,only Eriksen proved a good acquisition. Chiriches? Lamela? Chadli,etc? Less so...
My point is that I'm beginning to think that selling our crown jewel,Harry,is the way we refresh this team and turn a corner. However,we need the right people and right strategy in terms of how to spend that cash and I'm not convinced those individuals exist at the club at present and all we would do now would be to repeat the mistakes of the past with the Bale money.
One thing is for sure...Harry Kane isn't staying with the bunch of players around him for much longer..

Not just Coutinho..Suarez and Sterling..that's 250M they spent on VVD, Allison, Mane, Salah, Firminho et al. Ironically the man in charge of their transfer strategy used to work for Spurs.

I don't have a problem selling any player but i've got zero confidence that Hitchen, Levy and the rest will get quality to replace whoever leaves. They certainly haven't done over the last 3 years.

Let's face it can you see him staying around with this average team and underachieving club.
No I came to terms with the fact he would leave next season earlier in the year, the only thing I can see stopping him is if he has another long term injury this season.

I really hope we atleast get top dollar and have a new structure in place to spend it wisely, but we all know we will waste the money on a load of dog shit signings.

No I came to terms with the fact he would leave next season earlier in the year, the only thing I can see stopping him is if he has another long term injury this season.

I really hope we atleast get top dollar and have a new structure in place to spend it wisely, but we all know we will waste the money on a load of dog shit signings.
Its because of this we should be getting the likes of Daka or Edouard this summer. They have a year settling in, playing across the front 3 and if the worst happens next summer could hopefully step up as first choice without the mad flap on that will ensue if Kane left. But no, we'll go for an ill fitted, short term sticking plaster instead.

Last edited:
The scary thing about not being able to think for yourself though is that so many of the people now voting out have based it on the Everton game.

Let’s be honest, had we won, this thread wouldn’t even exist would it.

So basically, new owners because Jose made shit subs, and Ndombele wasn’t Pele after all, like a big chunk of them thought he was.

Then you get the hardcore like scott scott ......1470 posts in here but you won’t find him in a match thread.
Think the Everton game just confirmed quicker than normal that the squad isn’t there, maybe that’s a good thing in hindsight, rather than halfway through the season....Harry Kane had two touches inside the Everton box, two touches..shit subs or not even with putting Joe Hart in centre midfield that shouldn’t happen....

Back
Top Bottom