Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
No I came to terms with the fact he would leave next season earlier in the year, the only thing I can see stopping him is if he has another long term injury this season.

I really hope we atleast get top dollar and have a new structure in place to spend it wisely, but we all know we will waste the money on a load of dog shit signings.
I reckon ENIC can't wait until the likes of Kane etc are sold off, it will bring the revenue in saving money for the club instead of spending from the pot.

I reckon ENIC can't wait until the likes of Kane etc are sold off, it will bring the revenue in saving money for the club instead of spending from the pot.
Yes it'd raise cash, but I'd wager having Kane (and Son) as ~£200m of assets in the accounts have a massive value in being able to raise finance and report a more valuable business . Maybe some accountant on here can comment on this.

I don't reckon they would get much more than 100m for Kane in this current environment. I have no confidence we will spend it wisely and we'll have big problems attracting quality with Dyche or Howe as manager and no qualification for Europe.

I have been on the Levy and ENIC out bandwagon for the best part of 6/7 years now. Results don’t suddenly change my opinion. I have always been of the opinion they hold us back massively on the playing field and their sole ambition is to create a brand with profit.

Glory to them on the pitch is a secondary target, as long as they are making money through Lady GAGA concerts, NFL, balancing the books etc. They harbour no ambition like the other top clubs, hence why Levy is literally a perfect match for them. A tight fisted asshole who’s comments prove he is not willing to take that extra step to truly make this club successful. Always blaming other people. Always making excuses for his failings.

If anything, this amazon documentary has made him look an even more of a twat. “ it’s so hard buying players “ blah blah blah. Then why do other clubs find it so easy then? Fed up of his antics and sick to death of going every season unprepared, meaning we usually start the season shit. No striker back up now for over a year, utter shambles they are.

I'm still Levy/Enic in and José out.

Mostly based on the investments made last summer and hoping that this will be the norm for coming not Covid years. However the recruitment department needs to be upgraded and we can't keep playing José-football.
If we become the first football club Jose has failed to win a trophy at, in his career, since 2000, would you not at least start to question wether it's the owners that's the issue?

I have been on the Levy and ENIC out bandwagon for the best part of 6/7 years now. Results don’t suddenly change my opinion. I have always been of the opinion they hold us back massively on the playing field and their sole ambition is to create a brand with profit.

Glory to them on the pitch is a secondary target, as long as they are making money through Lady GAGA concerts, NFL, balancing the books etc. They harbour no ambition like the other top clubs, hence why Levy is literally a perfect match for them. A tight fisted asshole who’s comments prove he is not willing to take that extra step to truly make this club successful. Always blaming other people. Always making excuses for his failings.

If anything, this amazon documentary has made him look an even more of a twat. “ it’s so hard buying players “ blah blah blah. Then why do other clubs find it so easy then? Fed up of his antics and sick to death of going every season unprepared, meaning we usually start the season shit. No striker back up now for over a year, utter shambles they are.
It is hard to sign players for Spurs tho...especially when you try to sign them for way less than their current club wants for them.....it’s not hard really, we just choose to make it hard...

As for the stadium I love it and hate it in equal measures....it’s an amazing piece of architecture no doubt, but it will never be home until it creates great memories and parades some trophies...our record there to date has been poor as fuck against our “rivals”....

It is hard to sign players for Spurs tho...especially when you try to sign them for way less than their current club wants for them.....it’s not hard really, we just choose to make it hard...

As for the stadium I love it and hate it in equal measures....it’s an amazing piece of architecture no doubt, but it will never be home until it creates great memories and parades some trophies...our record there to date has been poor as fuck against our “rivals”....

no doubt mate. I love the stadium to, but it means fuck all if the club are not successful in it. A huge glossy stadium with fuck all to show for it is so Spursy it’s laughable. I’d prefer the old white hart lane and a trophy every season if it means this stadium impacts our spend every season meaning we won’t ever push on.

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

I can't help but see this contradiction in you post.

You're basically saying that we are skint;
" Levy/Enic needed the cash after borrowing mega-money to finance one of the best stadiums in Europe"

And then criticise them for not spending;
" and lack of investment in players at the right times"

You can't say that we're skint and then criticise them for not spending.
The first one is in no way true, we spent over £100m in the last 2 windows, so we're not skint. Obvs Covid will have an effect, how much will be judged later.

On Danny, he maybe the best LB but if is attitude is crap he doesn't play.

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

I can't help but see this contradiction in you post.

You're basically saying that we are skint;
" Levy/Enic needed the cash after borrowing mega-money to finance one of the best stadiums in Europe"

And then criticise them for not spending;
" and lack of investment in players at the right times"

You can't say that we're skint and then criticise them for not spending.
The first one is in no way true, we spent over £100m in the last 2 windows, so we're not skint. Obvs Covid will have an effect, how much will be judged later.

On Danny, he maybe the best LB but if is attitude is crap he doesn't play.

Cheers for the welcome.

From what I have read about the finances, including the article I added and the ongoing issues with COVID, I would be amazed if there is not an issue financially.

I know I am going over old ground, but I meant investing in world-class top quality players at the right time when we were playing fantastic football to improve the team, not just the squad. Most fans assumed we would be in this position now because of the policy at the time. If I went back to review the transfers incoming during the period, we were flying, and I remember thinking it was basically mid-tier average that we were paying around the 20 - 30 mil mark that did not fill me with excitement and would not take the team onto the next level.

16/17 - Sissoko, Janssen, Wanyama
17/18 - Sanchez, Moura, Aurier, Llorente, Foyth
18/19 - 👀

Like I said in my previous post you reap what you sow and my main point was that the documentary with its box office star Jose and the cameo from David Brent trying to be everyone's best mate will be a negative force on Tottenham this season.

I hope I am wrong. COYS!

If we become the first football club Jose has failed to win a trophy at, in his career, since 2000, would you not at least start to question wether it's the owners that's the issue?
No. As long as José is backed by Enic/Levy and doesn't win, I'm going to blame José, not Enic, or maybe don't blame anyone. Even if Enic backs José, we'll still just be at best top 4 in salary costs. It's not like it's ever going to be easy to beat City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool in investment and salary. José needs to deliver, not just play not to loose.

If José doesn't get backed on the other hand of course I'll blame Enic/Levy. But not this Covid-window.

Last edited:
Cheers for the welcome.

From what I have read about the finances, including the article I added and the ongoing issues with COVID, I would be amazed if there is not an issue financially.

I know I am going over old ground, but I meant investing in world-class top quality players at the right time when we were playing fantastic football to improve the team, not just the squad. Most fans assumed we would be in this position now because of the policy at the time. If I went back to review the transfers incoming during the period, we were flying, and I remember thinking it was basically mid-tier average that we were paying around the 20 - 30 mil mark that did not fill me with excitement and would not take the team onto the next level.

16/17 - Sissoko, Janssen, Wanyama
17/18 - Sanchez, Moura, Aurier, Llorente, Foyth
18/19 - 👀

Like I said in my previous post you reap what you sow and my main point was that the documentary with its box office star Jose and the cameo from David Brent trying to be everyone's best mate will be a negative force on Tottenham this season.

I hope I am wrong. COYS!
Agree 100 % with that.

I'm repeating myself here but as you've only just joined, I will repeat.

My biggest beef with Levy is our transfer policy. Let's assume that we have roughly £100m to spend a year on transfers in the last 5 years (CL money, etc). Which, tbf, we have spent in the last few windows.

I would prefer to buy 2 £50m - £60m players with that money, rather than 3 or 4 £20m - £30m players.
I know Levy wants "re-sale" value but there are quality 24/25 year olds out there, for that price, that we can sell on if needed. It would work out the same money wise -ish.
Buying young, up and coming players just haven't worked.

Tbf, I thought we'd changed tack with Jose in charge but Covid has fucked that, imo.

Amen.

Wish Levy would just sort the recruitment/scouting dept out and blend back into the background.
there seems to be an awful lot of ' medics' hovering around the treatment rooms, standing talking to each other and rubbing players legs etc. . There must be about 40 people in the changing room before kick off too, why?

there seems to be an awful lot of ' medics' hovering around the treatment rooms, standing talking to each other and rubbing players legs etc. . There must be about 40 people in the changing room before kick off too, why?

Medics doing medic things? 🤷‍♂️

Wonder what percentage of mugs will want ENIC out if we sign Bale and Reguilon

:harrylol:
But, but, but... Levy something, something, something, yachts, bigger yachts and...

tenor.gif

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

Back
Top Bottom