Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
Same

But I got excited about Dybala last summer , not celebrating til they are holding the shirt up
It's just funny that people think that because some of us are underwhelmed with the likes of Hart and Hojbejerg, we're expected to kneel down and give thanks if we finally sign some serious quality.

:harrylol:

I've been crying out for the likes of Bale for years

Same

But I got excited about Dybala last summer , not celebrating til they are holding the shirt up

These deals could certainly still fall apart but this is nothing like Dybala which was pretty clearly doomed to failure and overhyped throughout.

If the parameters that have been reported for these deals are true, I think it is an even more striking departure from the ENIC practices we've become accustomed to than simply "opening the wallet" would be, but that's because they are considerably less favorable investments for the future of the club.

Levy is absolutely 100% all in on THIS season if these deals are going through. Perhaps this season and next at most, but certainly this manager in either case. And he's taking considerable risks and leaving some real headaches for the morning after.

That's rational and I support it and it's exciting, but man, it is a striking departure from the prudent empire building we are accustomed to.

And, trophies or not, what is the plan with the old, hole-filled squad we're left with in two years time? Is that when ENIC pulls the ripcord?

It's just funny that people think that because some of us are underwhelmed with the likes of Hart and Hojbejerg, we're expected to kneel down and give thanks if we finally sign some serious quality.

:harrylol:

I've been crying out for the likes of Bale for years
Football fans are all bloody idiots

We are all hypocrites, we are all delusional at some point or another and we all moan about stupid things

Really dont get why some have such a superiority complex but oh well

Football fans are all bloody idiots

We are all hypocrites, we are all delusional at some point or another and we all moan about stupid things

Really dont get why some have such a superiority complex but oh well

I agree, but I don't get why people take being a fan so seriously. We love the club, if we cant get excited at times and hope, dream and believe what really is the point? Sides come and go, super clubs come and go, but the spirit and excitement from a win never leaves us. Its simple math, we are one of many clubs who can win at most 4 titles, should we have won more, of course we should have. Is that's Levy's fault, of course it is at times, is it the managers, of course it is at times. If you follow football simply to seek glory you are kidding yourself. I support Spurs for the history and the players I loved growing up, not to say "look at we have won". I would say if you are under 50 you are in the same boat as me.

I agree, but I don't get why people take being a fan so seriously. We love the club, if we cant get excited at times and hope, dream and believe what really is the point? Sides come and go, super clubs come and go, but the spirit and excitement from a win never leaves us. Its simple math, we are one of many clubs who can win at most 4 titles, should we have won more, of course we should have. Is that's Levy's fault, of course it is at times, is it the managers, of course it is at times. If you follow football simply to seek glory you are kidding yourself. I support Spurs for the history and the players I loved growing up, not to say "look at we have won". I would say if you are under 50 you are in the same boat as me.
I'm over 50 and think that way.

Ageist cunt !!!

I just think its years of having hope and getting really close and it never really working out I guess , just very frustrating and right now I basically see history repeating itself from a few years back in that we had a team very close to winning big prizes and it seems like we let it drift away

I'm 25 and have only seen two league cup wins with one of them coming when I was very young

Back
Top Bottom