Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
It's changed now the majority want him in. I have not changed my vote to in because although Im very happy with the window, he's let down every other manager with his transfer dealings and ended up costing some of them their jobs. It looks like he has finally found a manager he can back but it's taken 20 years yo do it. And of course there is the one league cup trophy which is an embarrassment for a club of our status.

Tbf during every one of the previous transfer windows where it was felt a manager wasn't backed the message from the club was that we would only be able to compete properly in the transfer market once the stadium was built.....

Have not changed my vote and never will

Went from 75% out to 45% - proof we have around 30% proper Levy cucks on here. Classic abused wife syndrome. Husbands beats her continuously for 3-4 years and eventually buys her a nice bouquet of flowers and now she loves him again. Meanwhile - he'll probably beat to her to a pulp again after a few Stellas

Out NOW
What are you on about????

All that shows is that you hold grudges, are stubborn, and you're not willing to change your opinion even if the person does something obviously good.

What are you on about????

All that shows is that you hold grudges, are stubborn, and you're not willing to change your opinion even if the person does something obviously good.
I truly hate him - will never change my stance

5 windows later he finally buys some decent players - everyone suddenly lining up for a fascial. Sorry - not me, mate

Last edited:

5 windows later he finally buys some decent players - everyone suddenly lining up for fascial. Sorry - not me, mate

Stubborn - having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so.

Tbf during every one of the previous transfer windows where it was felt a manager wasn't backed the message from the club was that we would only be able to compete properly in the transfer market once the stadium was built.....
Yes but it is not earning any money at present and so why did Levy agree to bring in 7 players following purchases in the last 2 windows. He has not used Covid as an excuse although we are undoubtedly loss making at present.

5 windows later he finally buys some decent players - everyone suddenly lining up for fascial. Sorry - not me, mate
Ok I accept your stance although the previous 2 windows were not bad. I am interested in posters views as to why they think Levy agreed it when he had a ready excuse in the Stadium being closed to say we cannot afford it. I quite frankly am astounded at the incomings and if anyone had predicted this in July I would have thought them mad.

And still, in the last 5 years, we have spent more than the Dippers. Not by much admittedly, but still.

And, yes, that does include us not spending for a year.

Ok I accept your stance although the previous 2 windows were not bad. I am interested in posters views as to why they think Levy agreed it when he had a ready excuse in the Stadium being closed to say we cannot afford it. I quite frankly am astounded at the incomings and if anyone had predicted this in July I would have thought them mad.

I think that while the number of players is big the cost is not as big as it could or normally would be.

Doherty was cheap because of his age and contract. PEH was cheap because of the KWP swap and his contract, Reguilon cost a lot less than he would because of the buy back clause, Vinicius is on loan and was cheap for that because of Benfica losing out on CL, Bale was cheaper than he would be because RM wanted to get rid of his wages, even if just half plus I imagine he could bring some marketing aspects that Levy could capitalize on, Hart was basically free because of his age and the fact he sucks, Rodon was cheap because he comes from Championship and Swansea need the money.

So really Levy didn't have to spend all that much to bring the players in that he did. Plus after spending the money he did on Jose and putting so many eggs in that basket he likely felt some pressure to do something as it was looking like that hiring was going to be a disaster if we kept going with the usual way he does things.

I have often struggled to truly answer this question. I have always been underwhelmed by Levy in the transfer market, but equally impressed with the training ground and stadium. I was very much Levy/ENIC out after we didn't sign anyone a few summers ago, but was happy with last year's recruitment. This summer has been a great window and I am very much Levy/ENIC in provided we continue doing well in the transfer market.

I think that while the number of players is big the cost is not as big as it could or normally would be.

Doherty was cheap because of his age and contract. PEH was cheap because of the KWP swap and his contract, Reguilon cost a lot less than he would because of the buy back clause, Vinicius is on loan and was cheap for that because of Benfica losing out on CL, Bale was cheaper than he would be because RM wanted to get rid of his wages, even if just half plus I imagine he could bring some marketing aspects that Levy could capitalize on, Hart was basically free because of his age and the fact he sucks, Rodon was cheap because he comes from Championship and Swansea need the money.

So really Levy didn't have to spend all that much to bring the players in that he did. Plus after spending the money he did on Jose and putting so many eggs in that basket he likely felt some pressure to do something as it was looking like that hiring was going to be a disaster if we kept going with the usual way he does things.
That's all pretty fair and accurate.

Of course, all those points you've raised are good things, imo.
As Jose himself said "Levy is a genius" with regard to negotiating transfers.

the only other team who look as good as we do are Everton. we have quality everywhere. depth is strong now. I would honestly think we are cursed if we don't win anything with this lot
Yep, agree with that.
The only thing I'll add is that you do need a bit of luck, somewhere along the line, to win a cup.

I get your point, we have depth and quality for every position (nearly, Hart ?)

But if we don't get both, who is to blame ? Jose ?
Jose, Levy the players. Levy chose the manager, he can never escape blame for team failure.

I get your point, we have depth and quality for every position (nearly, Hart ?)

But if we don't get both, who is to blame ? Jose ?
It’s like a Venn diagram - those that hate Levy; those that hate Jose and an overlap in the middle.

So, in answer to your question: some will blame Levy, some Jose and some both. None will say that other teams just were better.

As an aside, Jose has pretty much said it’s over to him so if we blame anyone it should be Jose. (But it won’t be for all).

It’s like a Venn diagram - those that hate Levy; those that hate Jose and an overlap in the middle.

So, in answer to your question: some will blame Levy, some Jose and some both. None will say that other teams just were better.

As an aside, Jose has pretty much said it’s over to him so if we blame anyone it should be Jose. (But it won’t be for all).
That is actually 100 % correct.

I think this thread needs a bump

landscape tumbleweed GIF
I dont mind them right now. Finally put in the effort to provide a good squad and a good manager . Vote changed to In.

Back
Top Bottom