Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
So it's a collective thing then, which is fair.
Therefore the blame for the last 20 years must also be collective.
I've always said that.
Levy is the constant throughout those 20 years though, others have left, paid the price for failure.
Everything is good now but I think about life after Mourinho and whether Levy will be a true backer of the next manager we get.

Yes but it is not earning any money at present and so why did Levy agree to bring in 7 players following purchases in the last 2 windows. He has not used Covid as an excuse although we are undoubtedly loss making at present.

I think the crucial thing was knowing exactly what the final costs were - ever since those were set and the debt was restructured we have behaved completely differently in the transfer market

I can imagine it. The year is 2040 and we're still waiting to add to our paltry Carling Cup back in 2008.

Amid mounting criticism from fans, 78 year old trillionaire Daniel Levy plucks a half decent transfer window out of his arse and the fighting cock descends into a massive wank off as we're told how lucky we are to have him.

I just took a look at the Levy Suck Off thread. Fans celebrating a cut price deal for a championship center half like we just won the double

:harryhmm:

I can imagine it. The year is 2040 and we're still waiting to add to our paltry Carling Cup back in 2008.

Amid mounting criticism from fans, 78 year old trillionaire Daniel Levy plucks a half decent transfer window out of his arse and the fighting cock descends into a massive wank off as we're told how lucky we are to have him.

I just took a look at the Levy Suck Off thread. Fans celebrating a cut price deal for a championship center half like we just won the double

It's ok to just hold your hands up John.

I've always said that.
Levy is the constant throughout those 20 years though, others have left, paid the price for failure.
Everything is good now but I think about life after Mourinho and whether Levy will be a true backer of the next manager we get.
Why do you do that ? Why can you not simply live for the moment and stop worrying about what might happen ?.
It honestly never enters my head who will come after Jose. I am far too busy thoroughly enjoying what is happening to my club NOW. There has never been a more exciting time at Spurs for years and the whole mood of everybody concerned with them from Board level down to supporter is positive and confident of a trophy/title success.
Don't stress yourself about what comes next, as the saying goes Carpe Diem
:mourthumb: :coys:

Just take your HUGE 'L' and move on.

Why do you do that ? Why can you not simply live for the moment and stop worrying about what might happen ?.
It honestly never enters my head who will come after Jose. I am far too busy thoroughly enjoying what is happening to my club NOW. There has never been a more exciting time at Spurs for years and the whole mood of everybody concerned with them from Board level down to supporter is positive and confident of a trophy/title success.

I don't know about that. Things were pretty exciting during Poch's time here. I know many want to look back at it with negative views and crap on Poch but I am not sure the excitement now is higher than it was then.

Come Here Dr Evil GIF

I have 2 grown up kids. We brought them up the right way, put them through University and they both have good jobs and a partner and kids. Now however much My wife and I would like to take credit for that the real praise goes to them. Had they gone the other way and become failures then that also would have been down to them.
Levy provides the personal but it is not his fault that Sissoko put his arm in the air in the first min of the CL final. Having said that I never praised the Chairman when we won the trophies in past years but the Manager and players. Cannot recall who was chairman in the early 80's.
I will not be singing the praise for Levy if we win a trophy this year and all the praise will go to the Manager and players. Therefore he cannot be held solely responsible for failures.

I do both, but even the club don't just live and enjoy the moment. The club look for young talent to breakthrough into the first team, we've added King to the coaching staff, there is hope one day he will be manager one day.

There has never been a more exciting time at Spurs for years and the whole mood of everybody concerned with them from Board level down to supporter is positive and confident of a trophy/title
Champions league final?

I do both, but even the club don't just live and enjoy the moment. The club look for young talent to breakthrough into the first team, we've added King to the coaching staff, there is hope one day he will be manager one day.

Champions league final?
A one off that became a nightmare rather than an exciting moment after the first few minutes. I am talking longer term. Yes you have to plan for the future regarding players because it's a continuous recylcling process as they age but the manager ?.
I hope Ledley will one day manage the club he graced so well on the pitch as a player but that's filed away in a cabinet marked 'The Future'. I much prefer leaving that closed and concentrating on the one entitled 'The Present' which is brimming over with the potential to finally get the monkey off our backs.
I'm not knocking you because you think about life after Mourinho, I just struggle to understand why you do instead of thinking about where all this may currently lead.
:dierpochhug:

I don’t think any of us will really appreciate the specifics of running a club such as Spurs. I, like everyone else, was frustrated with the spending at the club the last few years especially as we had such a good core team, manager and were so close to winning major trophies. You felt we just needed one or two major signings to get over the line. On the other side though, Levy has turned this club into a power house. We’re in the top 10 most valuable clubs in the world, have an amazing training ground and now have an amazing stadium. These things are the foundation to a great club and will last us a 100 years. Levy himself has said on multiple occasions that the stadium has prohibited spending and unfortuently now we have the pandemic. I think I will be critiquing Levy much more over the next 2/3 then I have over the last 10+ as there’s no real excuses anymore. The pandemic is effecting everyone.

I have 2 grown up kids. We brought them up the right way, put them through University and they both have good jobs and a partner and kids. Now however much My wife and I would like to take credit for that the real praise goes to them. Had they gone the other way and become failures then that also would have been down to them.
Levy provides the personal but it is not his fault that Sissoko put his arm in the air in the first min of the CL final. Having said that I never praised the Chairman when we won the trophies in past years but the Manager and players. Cannot recall who was chairman in the early 80's.
I will not be singing the praise for Levy if we win a trophy this year and all the praise will go to the Manager and players. Therefore he cannot be held solely responsible for failures.

The analogies don't really work at all, especially when in the first paragraph you talk about doing everything right and things going wrong anyways which is certainly not what has happened here at all.

Sure it wasn't Levy's fault that Sissoko put his arm up but it was in part his fault that a crap player like Sissoko was on the field in the first place and that there weren't better options brought in or that Sissoko was brought in in the first place.

If we have another transfer window where the squad “cannot be improved” I would immediately change to Levy our.

I actually wanted to vote unsure after this window but no such option so I changed to In because a/ lots of other people did and b/ Trump told me herd mentality was good.

A one off that became a nightmare rather than an exciting moment after the first few minutes. I am talking longer term. Yes you have to plan for the future regarding players because it's a continuous recylcling process as they age but the manager ?.
I hope Ledley will one day manage the club he graced so well on the pitch as a player but that's filed away in a cabinet marked 'The Future'. I much prefer leaving that closed and concentrating on the one entitled 'The Present' which is brimming over with the potential to finally get the monkey off our backs.
I'm not knocking you because you think about life after Mourinho, I just struggle to understand why you do instead of thinking about where all this may currently lead.
:dierpochhug:
It was a cup run that included us beating Man City and Ajax we had a chance of winning the most prestigious trophy in football, I think it was a crucial factor in attracting Mourinho. Sure we have to think about what comes after Mourinho especially when Mourinho doesn't stay at clubs for very long. Look at the state of Man Utd atm, even Mourinho although he had some success couldn't bring them a prem title like they craved. So yes we have to look this because the next manager likely we be a step down in what they achieved in the game.

It was a cup run that included us beating Man City and Ajax we had a chance of winning the most prestigious trophy in football, I think it was a crucial factor in attracting Mourinho. Sure we have to think about what comes after Mourinho especially when Mourinho doesn't stay at clubs for very long. Look at the state of Man Utd atm, even Mourinho although he had some success couldn't bring them a prem title like they craved. So yes we have to look this because the next manager likely we be a step down in what they achieved in the game.
Let's wait and see what this manager achieves before we start to imagine what qualities his successor will need. As I said before my friend Carpe Diem. Get on board this train, sit down, relax and enjoy the ride because at the moment we have no idea what the final destination will be.
:mourthumb:

Back
Top Bottom