Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh My!

Whoopsi

tottenham-aston-villa-pants-pulled-down-pants-pulls-down-13801305657.gif
Oh My!

Whoopsi

tottenham-aston-villa-pants-pulled-down-pants-pulls-down-13801305657.gif
Imagine having to go back 190 odd posts and 2 months to find something complimentary about Spurs and try and prove you're a fan.

And even then has to mention Enic.

Proper fan

:harrylol: :harrylol:

And those 2 months being where we won the majority of games to boot.

:contefacepalm2:

Last edited:
Let’s rewind the clock to 5 years ago.

Liverpool are rebuilding with a new manager. We are at the peak of a wave, performance wise. There’s never been a time in the PL era when our performance has been as good relative to theirs on the pitch. Nonetheless the season before, Liverpool reached a Europa league final and a league cup final.

But the most important factors in achieving success are really clear - money and reputation.

Liverpools reputation is far higher than ours because they have a more impressive history, including the second most league titles ever and having dominated Europe. More recently they won a champions league and reached another final the previous decade. Those are facts. Your reputation is sticky and Liverpool’s was much higher.

In terms of money they had revenue of 425m compared to 360m for us. That’s 65m more per season. And this gap was even bigger in previous seasons. Remember that this is during a time when we are actively building a stadium which requires massive investment so the gap in what we could spend on the playing squad was far more than 65m. Compounded by the fact Barcelona we’re about to massively overpay for coutinho.

Liverpool have been the best run club in the EPL
during klopp’s time there. They’ve bought well and enjoyed a bit of luck and got amazing results. Well done Liverpool. But they also had three big advantages over us during that time:
- far bigger reputation
- far more revenue
- they weren’t building a stadium
OK great attitude you have, go on compare us to Everton and later to Burnley and Norwich.

Businesses do grow and expand but that's beyond you. So let's leave it there. 😀

If that's how you want to play it, who employed Poch?

You have to be honest, who is responsible for the signings and lack of it. We had a window we sold Dembele didn't replace. Who bought last minute Sissoko? Who sold Walker for £50m , bought Aurier for £25 downgrade and gets worse release for free. Who missed on signing Zaha and Grealish and instead signed Sissoko and Clarcke (or someoone else). We had the best managers in Jose and Conte and they made clear the state of the squad. There are so many cock ups and you still defending, I give up with you.
Yeah, Poch was a terrible piece of recruitment, wasn’t he? Should have stuck with Dimmy Sherwood.

And Kyle Walker wanted to stay so badly but we pushed him out of the door. Evidently, player movement is a unilateral thing dictated only by the selling club.

Clearly, we’re the only club with deadwood. Phil Jones and Anthony Martial are enjoying career years at United. It’s not like signing players at this level can be hit and miss especially when you don’t have PSG money to always bring in Messi and Ramos.

Like I said, have a whip-round, cough up three bill and buy the tight bastards out.

OK great attitude you have, go on compare us to Everton and later to Burnley and Norwich.

Funnily enough the season we won the double Top 6 was:

Spurs
Sheff Weds
Wolves
BURNLEY
EVERTON
Leicester

So 60 years on things have stayed quite similar! We are still comparable!

Just the Sheffield lot letting the side down not in the top flight! Or we can just compare us to them to make us feel a lot better about life.

I didn’t compare us to Everton or any other club. Only Liverpool because you did.

Businesses do grow and expand - and THFC has. That’s a fact, but it’s beyond you. As facts generally seem to be.

Chairman of a big club with small mentality
I personally have made myself believe that we are NOT a top four club, and happy to stay in the top 6. Imagine how we are currently playing, last two games not a shot on target, and making C/L we would be torn up for arsehole paper. so for me a money motivated chairman of a biggish club, thats bulids a stadium not for footy but for everything thing else he can get in there, he,s making money he,s happy, fuck the football and its supporters.

I personally have made myself believe that we are NOT a top four club, and happy to stay in the top 6. Imagine how we are currently playing, last two games not a shot on target, and making C/L we would be torn up for arsehole paper. so for me a money motivated chairman of a biggish club, thats bulids a stadium not for footy but for everything thing else he can get in there, he,s making money he,s happy, fuck the football and its supporters.
ENIC are more than happy with the way the club runs there is no desire or concerns to be like Liverpool or city.
Long as the money rolls in from all the events that is more than adequate but if a trophy falls into their laps it's a bonus.

*Serious Levy criticism alert *

stevee stevee , on the the case, mate

run-running.gif

Seriously though, Rat Catcher Rat Catcher , what a terrific post.

said it for 10 yrs or more
Levy knows how much it costes (transfers/wages) to try to get into the top 4 or top 6, he knows what he can expect by being in top 4/top 6 and if there isn't a big gain he won't do it

Back
Top Bottom