Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great performance from Levy today but a real shame Levy didn't square the header for Levy to tap in. Can't help but feel Levy is the man to take us forward next season if Levy gives Levy the transfer budget Levy requires.

Great performance from Levy today but a real shame Levy didn't square the header for Levy to tap in. Can't help but feel Levy is the man to take us forward next season if Levy gives Levy the transfer budget Levy requires.
Excellent posting from Levy on this thread yesterday

Inspired stuff

There’s enough documented stuff to hang Levy on over the years:
Starting a season with Jake Livermore and Sandro at the pivot and, by not signing Dembele earlier, costing us Champions League football.
The Moutinho transfer farce.
The 18 month transfer moratorium.
The effort to join the Super League perhaps.

Making shit up just ruins your own credibility. I write you off as just another of the ‘yeah, we were so much better under Sugar fighting relegation’ morons.

Carry on.
That’s fine. I write you off as another levy lover. You carry on supporting him after what looks like an average Woolwich are going to beat us to 4th. Another failure of a season under levy. You lot carry on preferring millions goes to him as a bonus than on the team.

That’s fine. I write you off as another levy lover. You carry on supporting him after what looks like an average Woolwich are going to beat us to 4th. Another failure of a season under levy. You lot carry on preferring millions goes to him as a bonus than on the team.
Haha.

Yet I can criticize Levy as I have done in my post. Of course, you’ll ignore this because it doesn’t suit your narrative that I’m a ‘Levy lover’.
Presumably you started watching Spurs in about 2015 and feel entitled to Top 4 — as if 5th represents failure and 4th represents success.
Can’t be bothered with your ‘Bald man = bad’ schtick. Put me on ignore and buy the fucking team

i partly blame him, we were on top of Woolwich for years, and for me we should be out of sight of them

summer will be big if they get CL over us because levy will need to spend huge this window nott only to get conte what he wants but to give us the edge over the teams below the top 4

make or break for him this summer

back conte who can win us things or fuck off

Haha.

Yet I can criticize Levy as I have done in my post. Of course, you’ll ignore this because it doesn’t suit your narrative that I’m a ‘Levy lover’.
Presumably you started watching Spurs in about 2015 and feel entitled to Top 4 — as if 5th represents failure and 4th represents success.
Can’t be bothered with your ‘Bald man = bad’ schtick. Put me on ignore and buy the fucking team
I do think you are a levy lover. You can criticise something you love you know. Strange logic . You criticise family so that must mean you don’t love them.
Ok, as you wish, on ignore you go!

i partly blame him, we were on top of Woolwich for years, and for me we should be out of sight of them

summer will be big if they get CL over us because levy will need to spend huge this window nott only to get conte what he wants but to give us the edge over the teams below the top 4

We have said make or break for him every summer for years & then just make excuses for another failure of a season. We can finish 5th-7th & no trophies for 20 more years & people will still support him. They can’t help themselves!

We have said make or break for him every summer for years & then just make excuses for another failure of a season. We can finish 5th-7th & no trophies for 20 more years & people will still support him. They can’t help themselves!
i give him this summer only due to contte being here

we have a winner who can go toe to toe with man city and liverpool

back him or we will be forever in this purgatory

We’re never going to be out of sight of them.
Two (historically) similar clubs with similar revenues and profiles.

It would take sustained success — four or five years of hoovering up every trophy in sight ( a la City) — to pull away from them and that would take a personal investment of a billion or more which Lewis ( and every other non-oil muscled owner) isn’t going to make.
Even then, chances are that they’ll eventually catch us up as we did them.
My question would be:
Given that we were level with them at the beginning of the Prem era, how did we let them get ahead of us for 20+ years?
Answers on a postcard to…….

It would take sustained success — four or five years of hoovering up every trophy in sight ( a la City) — to pull away from them and that would take a personal investment of a billion or more which Lewis ( and every other non-oil muscled owner) isn’t going to make.
My question would be:
Given that we were level with them at the beginning of the Prem era, how did we let them get ahead of us for 20+ years?
kroenke has been awful for them

look at their sidee today how many Woolwich players get in our team

maybe gabriel over dier

i know we have been underperforming but that side should not be near us at all

Yet their fanbase almost to man think their owners are a bunch of cunts.......

Whereas ours is riddled with fans who take any criticism of Levy like an assault on a loved one.

See what we mean when we talk about a cult like status?

:bow::levystare:

kroenke has been awful for them

look at their sidee today how many Woolwich players get in our team

maybe gabriel over dier

i know we have been underperforming but that side should not be near us at all
They’re much like us. Hugely inconsistent.
Let’s be honest— they completely outplayed us in the first NLD this season.

They sit above us and also Spam and Man U.
Everyone below 3rd is a cut below the top 3.
Their front line sucks but they have some tidy footballers (like Martinelli) and a couple of decent HG options.
I’d take Saka and Smith-Rowe over Winks and Tanganga any day.

And before anyone accuses me of being a Woolwich fan, I grew up in Highbury hating those MFers.

Yet their fanbase almost to man think their owners are a bunch of cunts.......

Whereas ours is riddled with fans who take any criticism of Levy like an assault on a loved one.

See what we mean when we talk about a cult like status?

:bow::levystare:
That’s because they have clearly gone backwards under Kroenke’s ownership whereas we have clearly gone forward.
You’ll note that my post said that we have caught them up. That has happened on Kroenke’s watch.
Your response cherry-picked my post to support your narrative.

Outside transfer windows, Levy does absolutely nothing worthy of comment towards the playing side. Even in the transfer windows his contribution is now limited to setting budgets and not the nitty gritty negotiations. I therefore find it hard to understand why this thread is so active.
Mostly it is historic discussion regarding his good and bad influence in the past.
When the season finishes the interest will switch to who will be Manager and players for next season which Levy has an influence on with the funds available but for now even Conte will not make any significant comment.

Outside transfer windows, Levy does absolutely nothing worthy of comment towards the playing side. Even in the transfer windows his contribution is now limited to setting budgets and not the nitty gritty negotiations. I therefore find it hard to understand why this thread is so active.
Mostly it is historic discussion regarding his good and bad influence in the past.
When the season finishes the interest will switch to who will be Manager and players for next season which Levy has an influence on with the funds available but for now even Conte will not make any significant comment.

Scapegoating?Finger pointing? Confirmation bias? Cognitive Dissonance? all of the above maybe? This thread tends to get bumped by the naysayers when we lose or just like the other day bizarrely when Woolwich won as if Levy can control that...then again we've now reached a stage in this very thread where we're blaming Levy for everything that goes wrong (yes seriously) so I'd imagine people blame Levy for other clubs picking up points too.

I call it Levy tourettes, people just tend have random outbursts and say his name at obscure times, probably makes them feel better about themselves, I dunno? Maybe coming in here to vent, maybe a mixture of the two...

My question would be:

They had Alan Sugar

Back
Top Bottom