Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, United are certainly the club I think did the worst job this season and the club I'd be most worried about next season. I think anything is possible, but you can only control what you can control. For me the target is 75 points next season. Anything above that is success, anything below is failure. That's how I'd judge Conte, Levy, et al.
Our 4th highest PL points ever, but we only got 4th cos everyone else was shite.

:contefacepalm2:

Yeah, United are certainly the club I think did the worst job this season and the club I'd be most worried about next season. I think anything is possible, but you can only control what you can control. For me the target is 75 points next season. Anything above that is success, anything below is failure. That's how I'd judge Conte, Levy, et al.

What if we got 75 points and finished 5th?

That’s a fair target. Considering we had months with nuno & an unhappy kane.
This season was saved & turned in to a good season with lots of reason to be optimistic. I do think we were fortunate Woolwich blowing it. But Also us stopping Woolwich will really set them back financially & confidence/momentum wise. Whether our owners/levy settle for top 4 is our cup remains to be seen. But fingers crossed we push on!

You are right, if we do well but Chelsea & United do great then it’s oh well, no 4th. Just keep improving. But if they don’t then we should be capitalising. United have the resources to suddenly finish 3rd next season & win a cup.

Ps. Yeah levy being a tight ass does help us keep players like kane. So fair play. Hope he retires here. Kane that is!

Our target next season as always under ENIC should be top 4 not points as every season is unpredictable.

We now need to push on, we have the manager, we have the stadium, we have the finances now and we have a good core of players but Conte will know what we need and where we need to strengthen, I'm looking forward to the Summer and to see what Paratici does in the Summer.

What if we got 75 points and finished 5th?
You can only control what you can control. I would be disappointed we missed out, but I wouldn't consider it a failure. You can't hold someone accountable for things they have no influence over.

75 points would be the 3rd best premier league season ever, and basically an average of 2 ppm. It'd be shocking if it weren't good enough for 4th. That's only happened once...to woolwich.

And if we spend considerably this summer, I think that tally goes up to 80.

Woolwich will struggle next year with Europe on top of domestic games. This year was their chance and they blew it. They need at least 7 quality players for depth.

We need signings but only a few.

We need a hell of a lot more than a few unless our sights are set very low.

Conte has never disguised the situation. To continue with us the club must match his ambition. He will not work for a club that does not have the same sporting objective as him.
As much as I absolutely hate levy, he’s ain’t dumb. Seen so much cash slip through his fingers due to his ineptitude. Get Joe around the throat and end the tortoise faced fuck

You can only control what you can control. I would be disappointed we missed out, but I wouldn't consider it a failure. You can't hold someone accountable for things they have no influence over.

75 points would be the 3rd best premier league season ever, and basically an average of 2 ppm. It'd be shocking if it weren't good enough for 4th. That's only happened once...to woolwich.

And if we spend considerably this summer, I think that tally goes up to 80.

Well context matters of course, if we get 75 points next season and miss out it only means that we haven't really pushed on as much as we'd hoped to and if there's 4 teams who are getting to 75 points before they'd either have to be playing at a very high level or something went wrong for us.

I don't tend to compare point tallies across seasons regardless of that, 72 points got us 5th in 2013/14 but that would have got us CL this season, teams vary in strength and weaknesses season after season so it's hard to compare.

We should be aiming to finish top 4 going forward because there are spaces opening up, IMO if we continue to back Conte and he stays on we look up towards to top two, we have a lot of potential IMO

He's got out of jail with the Conte appointment as we were really falling away to being a dismal, boring 7th/8th/9th placed team. Fair play on getting Conte but the real test to get a lot of us back on side is this summer. We havent had a good summer window since 2015, it simply cant be 1 out 1 in, late deals and wage bill excuses now. Everything is in place and we need vision and ambition over the next 3 months .

two new wingbacks a left sided cb

an eriksen type midfielder

i say 4 top ones and a few decent depth options
Yes they are the 4 priorities. Then maybe another forward option & a young keeper to bed in ready to take over from Hugo if we being greedy!

Back
Top Bottom