Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

scrooge mcduck GIF

Bring on the summer!

We do need to see how this infusion/injection of cash plays out but where are the ENIC-bashers now?

A sign of real character to acknowlesge a position may have been wrong.

And to note that Kulusevski has probably been just as effective and impactful as Diaz has been for Liverpool.

People have to own their errors
Are you owning the 1 trophy in 22 years being very disappointing , I will happily say ENIC have stepped up when we spend 150 million plus player sales on the squad . I am not going to say we have won next years CL just cos we qualified, call me a doubting Thomas

Happy to admit the sounds coming out of the club ref squad investment are extremely encouraging , proof of the pudding is in the eating though

Are you owning the 1 trophy in 22 years being very disappointing , I will happily say ENIC have stepped up when we spend 150 million plus player sales on the squad . I am not going to say we have won next years CL just cos we qualified, call me a doubting Thomas

Happy to admit the sounds coming out of the club ref squad investment are extremely encouraging , proof of the pudding is in the eating though
I don't think anyone has argued that 1 trophy in 22 years isn't disappointing but for me it's not Levy's fault that we've lost our last 4 finals and numerous SF's on top. Anyway, this investment is extremely exciting given we seem to have lost our way in the transfer market/managerial appointments over the last few years and hopefully this gives us our best ever chance at challenging for major titles.

knew i must have made a mistake. But that just makes it even worse. It means the club is being valued at closer to £8B.

Suggests the investment from ENIC, although in exchange for shares, is on favourable terms for hte club.
If I'm absolutely honest I don't trust levy one little bit and am waiting for a, the finer details relating to where the money is actually going to be used b, the story about the outright lie or C, he and Enic are getting out ahead of some bad news.

Over the last 5 years I'm one of those people to have lost what little faith I had in them. But I shall wait and see.

If I'm absolutely honest I don't trust levy one little bit and am waiting for a, the finer details relating to where the money is actually going to be used b, the story about the outright lie or C, he and Enic are getting out ahead of some bad news.

Over the last 5 years I'm one of those people to have lost what little faith I had in them. But I shall wait and see.
We have two players on loan that we still need to pay full whack for, and that figure will also include wages. I'm not too excited.

But it's better than nothing. Let's see what happens.

Careful. ENIC thought police will be all over this

heathens.gif

Seriously though, that's a very sensible post, mate.

I praise the board for turning around a situation they partly created when appointing that useless clown Jose Mourinho. The board clearly had ambition when they appointed that dinosaur but for various reasons and terrible timings that appointment never worked out, the club and fans turned extremely toxic but it looks as though a combo of the board appointing Conte and him massively improving us on and off the pitch has helped us. In hindsight aswell, I don't think the Nuno appt was ever really planned and the club never really wanted him. It was a massive panic appointment because Conte didn't want the job most likely because of budget and Kane uncertainties at the time. They seemed to have turned it around though so fair play.

I'm not a Mourinho fanboi, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that he was subsequently given some average players and that no matter what happened, a large portion of fans didn't like him. There is every chance he could have seen us over the line against City in a one off game to win a cup but he was sacked making us look very stupid. That then set off the embarrassing search for a replacement culminating in the most pathetic move Enic have ever made.

I feel so smug at always being #levyin that I shall go to bed tonight wearing my 'You Just Got Levy'ed' t-shirt!
Fair play to you mate. Even though yesterday's announcement goes against everything you and your man have stood for over 2 decades of hurt, and is actually what the #levyout have been calling for :roflmao:, ,,,,,,,at least you're brave enough to come out the closet, own what you are and put your balls on the table.

Respect for that, my friend :adesalute:

A few others on here could learn a good lesson from you!

Last edited:
Fair play to you mate. Even though yesterday's announcement goes against everything you and your man have stood for over 2 decades of hurt, and is actually what the #levyout have been calling for :roflmao:, ,,,,,,,at least you're brave enough to come out the closet, own what you are and put your balls on the table.

Respect for that, my friend :adesalute:

A few others on here could learn a good lesson from you!
Umm...was just a joke really.

Always been ambivalent to Levy. He's done good. He's done bad.

Reckon that t-shirt would be a good seller now though? Might get a few made up!

I still don't like or trust Levy.

It's like the end of Return of the Jedi when Vader comes back from the Dark Side.
It's like dude, you still slaughtered billions of people. You blew up entire fucking planets. You're a war criminal.

Back
Top Bottom