Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I praised Levy for the signings we have made the other day and I feel it's only fair I criticise our owners for not securing a striker (especially when the manager has made it very clear we need one.)

That piece that Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 shared earlier sums up the owners for me, they are playing the long game and frankly, I feel like the long game is unfair on the supporters who are paying for ticket prices which are well above a long game mentality.

For me this window has yet again proven that, when it comes to winning trophies our owners have no interest, their only goal is long term stability in regards to business and finance.

There is no guarantee that model will ever result in success on the pitch, it's a completely unproven model, especially when stacked against financial doping it makes it even more unlikely.

People need to understand these owners are not football men, they have no interest in silverware, if you find that unimportant as a supporter I have to ask you, why do you watch sports in the first place? Makes no sense to me.

I praised Levy for the signings we have made the other day and I feel it's only fair I criticise our owners for not securing a striker (especially when the manager has made it very clear we need one.)

That piece that Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 shared earlier sums up the owners for me, they are playing the long game and frankly, I feel like the long game is unfair on the supporters who are paying for ticket prices which are well above a long game mentality.

For me this window has yet again proven that, when it comes to winning trophies our owners have no interest, their only goal is long term stability in regards to business and finance.

There is no guarantee that model will ever result in success on the pitch, it's a completely unproven model, especially when stacked against financial doping it makes it even more unlikely.

People need to understand these owners are not football men, they have no interest in silverware, if you find that unimportant as a supporter I have to ask you, why do you watch sports in the first place? Makes no sense to me.
The long game has only been 20 years so far though mate. I think we should give them at least 45

ENIC and levy have never been into football they are business who desire and demand profit over glory, we are charged the highest prices around to be served up a product not on a level to what we are paying for its scandalous

ENIC and levy have never been into football they are business who desire and demand profit over glory, we are charged the highest prices around to be served up a product not on a level to what we are paying for its scandalous

It really is mate and yet so many are willing to gobble it up.

Same thing happens with companies like Apple though, people swarm to their products despite incremental upgrades and huge price increases and anybody who attacks the company they fight for them tooth and nail like it's a family member.

It's truly sad to see.

Organise a match strike. If fans got together and chose a game where no one paid for tickets, they'd soon put their hand in their pocket. The fans hold all the power. We just don't realise it. We are in the age of cancel culture after all..

Some fans have it in their minds that we are now an “elite” club because we have had a few years in the CL and have a big stadium

I think people are seeing this as an achievement that trumps actually winning trophies

An elite club with one league cup in over a decade , not seeing it

Some fans have it in their minds that we are now an “elite” club because we have had a few years in the CL and have a big stadium

I think people are seeing this as an achievement that trumps actually winning trophies

What really chaps my ass are the people who simultaneously argue that Daniel Levy is a world historical titan of business whose acumen is peerless in the game of football, and also that Spurs are a helpless minnow of a club who will be bankrupt in League Two within five minutes of overpaying for a single player.

The former is a much stronger argument than the latter, but they are inarguably totally incompatible with one another. Putting them both together gives the game away that you're just coming on the internet to lick the boots of ownership, and I just cannot understand that.

The long game has only been 20 years so far though mate. I think we should give them at least 45
What about those of us who don't have that kind of time. I don't mind dying but I'd love to see some really fine football from Spurs before I do. Not the total shit we sit through week after week.

DO NOT use this word on here in any shape or form. Trump)(s).

Fuck me it’s like one of the support organizations they had in Fight Club in here.

Just a bunch of spoiled brat, adult sad sacks, sobbing because the bad man didn’t buy them a shiny new toy.

No wonder the planet is going to shit with precious, moaning faces wee angels like you lot running about the place.

Agreed but the mistake in not getting a back up striker was made in the summer when there was more choice.
No doubt. We've had 2 windows to secure a backup for Kane. But then again, that can be said about our other deficiencies. We literally have 1 RB at the moment, after letting go 3 fullbacks in the summer and this month. No other functioning DM at the club besides a washed up
Dier.

Fuck me it’s like one of the support organizations they had in Fight Club in here.

Just a bunch of spoiled brat, adult sad sacks, sobbing because the bad man didn’t buy them a shiny new toy.

No wonder the planet is going to shit with precious, moaning faces wee angels like you lot running about the place.
Goodnight sweetheart

We didn't sign a shit striker, boo hoo right? Over £200m's worth of quality incoming, it's been very respectful. Shame about the striker but we've coped before, let's see if we can cope again.

We didn't sign a shit striker, boo hoo right? Over £200m's worth of quality incoming, it's been very respectful. Shame about the striker but we've coped before, let's see if we can cope again.
£200m after not spending a single quid for an entire year and all the transfer proceeds from the sale of Dembele and Trippier doesn't make it all that impressive for a Top 4 club.

Back
Top Bottom