Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel it is genuinely sad to see what is happening at Tottenham.

Board level decisions took Spurs to 8th last season. The last 10 games of the season were disgustingly embarrassing 🙈

After the manager walked how he did, there should have been no hiding places when those results followed.

But here we are, three weeks to go and nothing really major has happened to give us a sense that they absolutely won’t tolerate anymore bollocks. There are players who stunk the place up against AS Mura who are still here, still starting. WTF 🤬

The reaction to the shocks of last season ( and previously ) have not been enough of a jolt to create a fight back. It’s feeling like the the absolute minimum is being done to stand still, or worse stay up.

I like Ange, I want him to do well, but he’s hobbled from the start here. He shouldn’t have been lumbered with the same deadwood that saw off four other coaches, and he must see them building hotels and wondering how much of his transfer budget is spent on the express lifts.

We are more likely by the day to have to have some combination of Dier, Sanchez and Davies in and around the squad in three weeks time.

The problem with anyone of these tits is that they were back up players when they were in their prime ! They now start games. They can perform with ineptitude time and again, there is no consequence for failure at Spurs, just a focus on the player write downs and length of contracts.

All those players should have been gone. No ifs or butts. Gone. End of.

Add in Ange has a Captain that wants to leave. But is inexplicably still there ( Why on earth is he still here )

The second senior leader / Captain, voice in the dressing room and arguably best player ever has is one foot out the door. Fair enough if he wants to go, but for goodness sake save the managers blushes and replace him from a position of strength. Not desperately squeeze a small sum extra and end up with the modern day super Pav running about a bit.

At this rate we will sell Kane for £100m and try to pay £60m for Calvert Lewin and end up with Ings on loan.

What boardroom allows these things to be happening ?
Director of Football still no hint of one. Scott Munn. What an embarrassing situation that proved to be.

And Dead Hand Dan has more control than at any point recently, months after the claims were made that he was finally stepping back.

Fucking shambles of a club. Overseen by an Obtuse ownership.

"We have been so focused on delivering the stadium and dealing with the impact of the pandemic, that I feel we lost sight of some key priorities and what’s truly in our DNA."

That's the closest you'll ever get to Levy admitting he fucked up the last 3-5 years regarding players/Poch

"We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent."

This is also him admitting that Mourinho was an awful mistake.

A lot of words but actions speak louder so I'm not holding my breath.

E4PYdisWYAEvzQF
On a beach n Portugal today
I’m on Dartmoor .
It’s kicking off here !

ENIC should change their name to UNIC because they've cut the balls off this club and its fans. Not suggesting we go all Everton on them but it was shocking today they didn't get called out. We need to make ourselves heard in a peaceful yet direct way.

Too fucking long this pattern has gone on, they are the only common denominator. Many of our fanbase have Stockholm syndrome when it comes to them but hopefully the writing is on the wall for them and we can come together as fans with one voice for the benefit of our club.

ENIC OUT

The last few remaining shills are getting ever more desperate with deflection...its the fans, ....its the media.

The fans and the media arent the reason we've changed manager during the season for 4 years running, or found our way back to 6th, 7th placed finishes, or kept a load of average squad players together for 2 or 3 years too long, or appointed a crook as DoF, or played some of the worst football in the division again.

Explain how I am simple?
I am just using logic.
Look at the silverware/league tables & history.
Woolwich are the 3rd biggest/most successful club in the Country behind Liverpool & Man U.

All those clubs are a long way Infront of us when it comes to silverware. FACT

We are the 7th most successful club in the Country between Everton & Villa. Another FACT

So using logic/history & expectation would you not say 6th for them is similar to 8th for us?

Liverpool finished 5th this year so would you not agree it's a poor season for them?
Here's a fact mon petite Spock: ENIC have had almost fuck all to do with our success when it comes trophies. They've owned us for much of the 21st century so far and we've obtained the lowest hanging fruit under their watch.

We do have a rich history and their part in it is, frankly, pitiful. They replay that CL semi-final - which is our one great (but ultimately unsuccessful) night - relentlessly because we've been barren for so long.

They have a guy who's well on his way to being crowned the greatest ever striker on record in English football, with an incredible talent like Son at his side, and given them so many mid-table (at best) players as team mates.

They've burnt through managers like a newb with a half-stuffed rizzla.

They've fluffed their lines. They've shat the bed. They've spunked wads of cash like the brainless offspring of billionaires.

Like a few ENIC in folk on here, they're not as clever as they think they are.

I've come into some insights about Levy and the transfer market in general.

The authorities have long known that the football transfer market is bent and money laundering, fraud and tax evasion are rife. The political will, resource and commitment hasn't been there to tackle the problem head-on and the European Commission last attempted to move against the system in the late 90s early 2000s. The political fall out destroyed any serious appetite to pursue further.

However, certain recent transfers have been so blatant in their absurd inflation of particularly agent fees (we are talking Neymar, Pogba etc) that there has been talk about revisiting and investigating the football transfer world.

This is a world in which it is not uncommon for players to be plucked out of very tough housing estates and have several friends or acquitances who will be pushing drugs or even firearms on the streets.

It is not uncommon in football transfer negotiations for random third parties to be introduced as agents whose inflated fees require paying before the player ratifies the transfer.

Anyway, it's accepted within the football world that to get transfers done you just go along with it and pay the fees.

Only there is one chairman who is apparently known for his point blank refusal to deal with these people and pay them any money.

I have heard that the João Moutinho deal in particular was ready to be signed back in 2012 when a third party was introduced at the last minute demanding a huge amount to ratify the transfer apparently with the backing of both the player and the official agent. After exploring options around the problem including Porto paying the fees if the transfer fee was increased Levy pulled the plug on the whole thing.

Another transfer the Leandro Damiao was complicated by multiple third parties being introduced as being agents of the player all demanding a percentage of the fees payable. It was almost impossible to get any of them around a table to discuss what their actual interest in the player and transfer was, do any due diligence or KYC or to discuss terms on the "demands". I've been told one refused to provide a photo ID or reveal his real name and demanded the funds be paid via an international FX account to a company registered to a little known tax haven called the Marshall Islands.

I could go on and on. One of the reasons Levy had decided to get rid of Redknapp was all of the baggage that followed him around.

Part of the reason Levy also has always looked towards the US, Singapore, Japan for investment and development where possible.

Much of this is anecdotal but feels true to me.

For all of the negativity, we finished last season with a cup final and just 5 points behind the champions league spaces. Our squad played well below their ability and had we maintained our early season form we would likely have finished 2nd.

Was the turning point covid lockdown 2? The alleged internal squad fighting after the Liverpool loss? Who knows! But we do know that our squad isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes out.

Levy will appoint a top coaching team and we will have a great squad next season.

Sit back, relax and wait for the official announcements.

Suport your club, get behind them and stop fucking criticising stupid Internet gossip.

Is our next coach currently working the euros?
Are we waiting for Poch to sort our PSG exit?

And rest assured, Levy is the best man to get the maximum value for Kane - and I beleive we will want players over cash.

If you read that Telegraph piece and still think Levy and ENIC should be given more chances then i'm not quite sure what to say anymore. Its clear the atmosphere at the club is rotten, it was the last year under Poch, it was under Mourinho and it is now. Sacking Nuno might well be needed but its a small plaster on a massive wound.

Back
Top Bottom