Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sentiment is rather strong in this thread. A new stadium which will guarantee the club increased spending budget over the coming decades, four newly signed potentially elite players in the last year (Lo Celso, NDombele, Sessegnon, Bergwijn) and recruiting one of the great all-time coaches . . . I dunno, club looks to be on a decent course to me.

You and fellow posters are blaming Levy. What is the levy out thread all about. I have made it clear in numerous posts that Levy shares the blame in our appalling lack of trophies since 1990. It is not all down to him though. I do not think he wanted to sack Poch but had no alternative with what was going on. I was expecting some unknown Caretaker Manager who would struggle to keep us out of the relegation battle. No he persuaded one of the most successful Managers to come here despite everyone knowing that we would not be spending in the same league as some other teams. I still am in 2 minds if Jose will ever be accepted or be successful with us but until the end of the season there is no choice.
I cannot understand why this thread and the Levy out thread have been resurrected at the present time.
Well a lot of the levy lovers were saying we are wrong about us saying liverpool will overtake us if we stand still. They said we don't know what we aretalking about & to stop melting. Them walking the title hammers home how wrong they were.
Just a friendly reminder to the 'Liverpool & klopp are crap' posters.

Just as we and others predicted they would in Summer 2018, to much ridicule and denial.
And here we are. Proven right on every single prediction and still they keep digging themselves in deeper and deeper.
Yep. Remember all the posters telling us there is no one out there to improve this team. & who the hell do you drop?!! :sherwoodwtf:.
Even though we rarely played the same starting 11, they knew best.

Sentiment is rather strong in this thread. A new stadium which will guarantee the club increased spending budget over the coming decades, four newly signed potentially elite players in the last year (Lo Celso, NDombele, Sessegnon, Bergwijn) and recruiting one of the great all-time coaches . . . I dunno, club looks to be on a decent course to me.

For some reason we are judging the club against Liverpool's freak almost maximum points season as well

Its been a shit season, but we should be better next season if we can rebalanced the squad to suit the manager.

The season we had a management team that wanted to kick on and instead we signed absolutely nobody sums it up.
As there was nobody in the world who could improve our squad. Laughable.
I still find it unbelievable that so many of our own fans try and justify this.

Our own fucking fans for God's sake

Yep. Remember all the posters telling us there is no one out there to improve this team. & who the hell do you drop?!! :sherwoodwtf:.
Even though we rarely played the same starting 11, they knew best.
Ahh, yes,.....I remember that line. "Who do you drop" ?........ An all time classic

tenor.gif

This all makes sense if you fail to acknowledge that Spurs weren’t expected trophy challengers until his arrival.

I’m on record as saying far too many Spurs fans overrate the individuals from that era.

Similar to Klopp’s Dortmund That team was greater than the sum of its parts; how things rapidly fell apart is proof.

how many clubs win regularly with The 6th highest budget in their country?

ps every single big cup Or European final/semi final we lost was actually to a team that finished ahead of us in the league.

the weakest link in the chain will remain the ownership and we’ve seen that through multiple coaches.

Good for you.

The stats say otherwise - Kane is statically one of the best strikers in the league, Ali one the best youngsters, Eriksen was one of the best player makers. We scored the most goals in the league in 2016/17 and conceded the fewest as well.

As for having the sixth largest budget - that doesn’t mean anything if you have a better team that those clubs whose financial strength is greater than ours. Manchester United are financially ahead of us but our team was way ahead of them for the last five years. Liverpool just won the league and CL despite having lower resources that most the games elite. A. Madrid beat Barca and Real to a league title despite the financial chasm between them. Sevilla won five UEFA cups in the last 15 years and our revenues dawf theirs.

As for losing to teams above us - explain to me how an interior Woolwich side we’re able to beat City and Man City on the way to their last FA cup win? if standings matter how did we lose to Gent and Colchester?

No Spurs weren’t winning trophies before he arrived but it should have when that team did. What we ended up was another Redknapp, lots of great games, pretty football but so many missed opportunities and nothing to show for it. I remember when Redknapp left that so many in the supporter base were saying that we would struggle. Well look at his career following us - it will be the same with Pochettinho. The penny will eventually drop with the fan base.

I give you 1 word to prove just spending money is the answer, Ndombele. It is a much more complex issue and never just one person's fault. It is always difficult to follow a popular long serving Manager look at MU and Woolwich. If Jose fails it could be for any number of reasons including the players simply not being good enough. Blaming Levy all the time is like a record on repeat and is just plain boring. That does not mean that Levy does not have his faults but I am sick and tired of reading the same old arguments.
Totally agree, everyone involved - the board,the coaching team, the players - have to take responsibility for our failure to capture a trophy. At our best, there were few players that I thought that would improve our team, but we just couldn't get over the line. We didn't have the killer instinct.

I really dont see anyone defending him. All I see is people blaming him solely for everything that hasn’t gone right, rather than accepting that he was part of a group of people who have made wrong decisions. Those people angry at ENIC seem incapable of realising that other people involved have made errors too. That’s the bit I find bizarre.
I blame Levy for being tight and his involvement with players chosen and his way of dealing
I blame ENIC for not giving Levy the money to spend to really push the club on

Totally agree, everyone involved - the board,the coaching team, the players - have to take responsibility for our failure to capture a trophy. At our best, there were few players that I thought that would improve our team, but we just couldn't get over the line. We didn't have the killer instinct.
I agree to a degree Mrs P.

Poch certainly had his young team playing some of the most exhilarating football I've ever been fortunate to witness.

Eye candy at it's finest.

I just wonder though, had we been brave enough to go out and get those couple of players who had experience at getting over the line at club level, we would maybe have had that killer instinct you rightly say was lacking.

I agree to a degree Mrs P.

Poch certainly had his young team playing some of the most exhilarating football I've ever been fortunate to witness.

Eye candy at it's finest.

I just wonder though, had we been brave enough to go out and get those couple of players who had experience at getting over the line at club level, we would maybe have had that killer instinct you rightly say was lacking.
That is what we needed, for sure. Trouble is, we don't seem to be able to make all the pieces fit. I should have included the scouting team, as our purchases are a bit hit 'n miss.

Both of them caused our momentum to stall bringing about our decline.

How either of them thought summer 2018 was at all acceptable is beyond me. As soon as it was realised Poch couldn’t get his first choices de ligt and de jong, he should of taken the next option. Like how all clubs operate. Once we couldn’t get Grealish, we should of got the next on the list. Like how all clubs operate.

Pure madness.

Back
Top Bottom