Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We obviously don't need a striker then?

6a9AbcZ.jpg

Another reason why I can’t stand Levy. United get a class act in Fernandes who has pretty much changed their fortunes and we get a cheap cast off version, who will be no more than a bit part player. Utter depressing under these lot. We are going nowhere with them.
Gedson will have a fair bigger impact. You will eat your words! #OnTheRiseWithLevy

Another reason why I can’t stand Levy. United get a class act in Fernandes who has pretty much changed their fortunes and we get a cheap cast off version, who will be no more than a bit part player. Utter depressing under these lot. We are going nowhere with them.

Wasn’t it down to a decision to being either Lo Celso or Fernandes and we went for lo Celso. We couldn’t move Eriksen on as nobody wanted him so we couldn’t get fernandes in.

The huge mistake is ndombele. He’s looking like a terrible signing thanks to fernandes’s impact at Man U. Had we got fernandes and Lo Celso we’d of all been slapping each other on the back, Poch would probably still be here and we’d be in the top 4.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a good 3 years before we are back challenging and that is with good recruitment.

- summer pre 20/21 - no massive investment because of the virus
- summer Pre 21/22 - Kane will probably leave. If we don’t qualify for the next season‘s CL then it will be harder to attract players.
- summer Pre 22/23 - financial impact of the virus should be gone so we will be able to use the bonus of the stadium income
- Season 22/23 hopefully have a chance.

This could well take a while.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a good 3 years before we are back challenging and that is with good recruitment.

- summer pre 20/21 - no massive investment because of the virus
- summer Pre 21/22 - Kane will probably leave. If we don’t qualify for the next season‘s CL then it will be harder to attract players.
- summer Pre 22/23 - financial impact of the virus should be gone so we will be able to use the bonus of the stadium income
- Season 22/23 hopefully have a chance.

This could well take a while.
Yes. Quite a few uf us predicted it would take around 5 to years repair the damage of Levy's shameful cop for 2 successive transfer windows.

So 3 more years sounds about right.

He has had 2 great opportunties to push us on, under Redknapp and Poch and has conpletely bottled it. He spends money when we are in trouble but compare and contrast with Liverpool 2.5 years ago. They were short in a couple if areas and went and bought they best could get to actually try and win things. Our 'development' can best be summed up by our right back situation. In 3 years we have gone from Walker and Trippier to Trippier and Aurier to Aurier. This is a multi million pound business and we have one poor right back and one knackered centre forward.

Said it before but from a business point of view I do feel sorry for levy with COVID coming along now. He’s very shrewd, the stadium should be reaping in the benefits of our long Wembley stay. Instead it sits empty while still needing to be repaid.

He will have his eyes very clearly on the finances and how things look - he ideally needs a crystal ball.

I’m not expecting much spending on players this summer unless we sell anyway.

Sure I read he got got an ultra low interest loan because of Covid?

Serious question to the Levy lovers, we've had 10 years of austerity prior to building the stadium, how many more years until you get the hump with it?

Im not a Levy lover (I’m a realist) but didn’t we spend over £100 million last summer and were one of the biggest spenders in January? I suspect there would have been a similar outlay this summer were it not for the virus. If that doesn’t point to things changing then I’m not sure what does.

But like I always say when somebody posts something like this, it’s not always spending the most, it’s who you spend your money on. If that needs explaining, then you really haven’t been paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom