Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea has a plus £87m transfer profit last summer after selling Hazard and a few others and currently got money for Morata £50m & Pasalic £13m this year.

So they had plenty money to splash out.
yEAH THOUGHT PEOple would respond to that one but no response to the other two points right? because you know its true.
Have you any sources, or are you just spouting?
Club came out and said they expect to lose £200m , club said they got a loan of £175m. Dortmund came out and said they expect to lose £40m
Nice try

Hey ENIC /Levy lovers. If any of you can defend this I'll be impressed

So we're told that COVID is going to have a big impact on football and teams ability to spend money.

Well already this window we've seen
- Bayern spend £40m on Sane , Inter £40m on Hakimi , Chelsea £50m on Werner. Granted Bayern's finances are better than our's but Inter and Chelsea are not run better than us , so where did all there money appear from?

Then you've got predicted losses...
Dortmund are predicted to lose £40m from this pandemic , whereas Tottenham are predicted to lose £200m , please explain to me how Tottenham are predicted to lose x5 the amount.
Well of course they are not , Mr Levy has leaked some very big figures and bullshitted everyone , granted Dortmund started playing a month before but Tottenham still will recieve TV revenue because the season has resumed , So are you telling me a few concerts and Tottenham's pricier tickets equate to £160m? Yeah give over..

And then the biggest one , good luck defending this one
If we are predicted to lose £200m , well that's ok we got a £175m loan , which means only £25m isnt covered and when Levy has previously said they already have a budget ringfenced for transfers , how ON EARTH can we not afford to buy Hojberg without selling first , when we would only be losing £25m.

I knew the excuses would flood in as soon as football shut down , pandemic or not Levy/ENIC are vile and if we want to not become the next Woolwich we gotta stop accepting this happening at our club.
Actually Woolwich are on now and unfortunately playing better than us.

Your being very kind to Dennis.

Nine year olds must have been particularly well endowed in the department of frontal lobes back in your day; I wish I too was a forties baby rather than a 60’s child.

It seems Thatcher was right after all 👺

Sorry? You're going to poke her? Rather you than me. She's got a face like the back of a bus!

I thought she looked really good in A Star is born. Wouldn’t have known it was her if I hadn’t been aware tbh.

images

And she comes across like a nice enough lady chilling out with a dead tree wearing a bikini.

That’s always a dealbreaker for me.

4d4978f1dd2.jpg

I thought she looked really good in A Star is born. Wouldn’t have known it was her if I hadn’t been aware tbh.

images

And she comes across like a nice enough lady chilling out with a dead tree wearing a bikini.

That’s always a dealbreaker for me.

4d4978f1dd2.jpg
I couldn't get past the tattoos.....

Nine year olds must have been particularly well endowed in the department of frontal lobes back in your day; I wish I too was a forties baby rather than a 60’s child.

It seems Thatcher was right after all 👺
Well you were the one that said those scarves were for nine year olds. I'm merely quoting your post.
And please don't mention HER name again.

Last edited:
What are you basing the "would have been a similar outlay this summer" on? I think it is tough to make your argument when a big piece seems to be based on a highly debatable hypothetical.

Our January spending seems like a negative more than a positive for Levy as he didn't come close to spending what we needed on a glaring hole at striker. If he is unwilling to spend when there is such a clear and desperate need like we had there is not a whole lot of confidence that he will spend when the holes are present but not so clearly obvious.

And of course it will take more than one big summer spending (especially when the money was spent so poorly) to erase the zero transfer spending he made history with before that.

It’s pretty obvious isn’t it, just read the club accounts, have a look at financial reports to see how much money we’ve made from competitions and profits we’ve made. That, like last summer and January would have been converted into players. Now the stadium is open and generating case, why would it be any different, give me one reason.

Im sure the January striker situation has been done to death on here, but just for you, who were we going to buy?

Last edited:
It’s pretty obvious isn’t it, just read the club accounts, have a look at financial reports to see how much money we’ve made from competitions and profits we’ve made. That, like last summer and January would have been converted into players. Now the stadium is open and generating case, why would it be any different, give me one reason.

Im sure the January striker situation has been done to death on here, but just for you, who were we going to buy?
Please don't go down this striker route.. if a supposed big Premier league club cannot scout and find a striker in the whole world then what is the point in them even trying to pick a manager, or being considered capable of running any club....is this not what they are supposed to be professionals at ??

Please don't go down this striker route.. if a supposed big Premier league club cannot scout and find a striker in the whole world then what is the point in them even trying to pick a manager, or being considered capable of running any club....is this not what they are supposed to be professionals at ??

It’s the question I’ve been asking for two years in regards to a defensive midfielder. Something is obviously wrong on the scouting front and has been ever since Poch was given more power in terms of transfers. You’re not telling me that players weren’t identified in the summer of 2018 for positions yet for whatever reason the button wasn’t pushed on them.

Anyway, I don’t want to go round in circles again in this thread. It’s all been talked about before.

Two of those facts were released by the club
and one was released by Dortmund
Not that hard to Google , Tottenham £175m bank loan
Googled that.
So Levy was saying we could lose £200m if (that's IF) the season wasn't completed and had to repay the TV money.

Obviously not the case now.

An interesting article about our financials. Depressing too.
Thought this was a good thread to post because it debunks some myths around here like
"We have all this profit, why don't we just spend like the other clubs?"

(I'm not pretending this is a perfect excuse for not spending 'enough', but it gives more insight into the complexity of our financial status)

An interesting article about our financials. Depressing too.
Thought this was a good thread to post because it debunks some myths around here like
"We have all this profit, why don't we just spend like the other clubs?"

(I'm not pretending this is a perfect excuse for not spending 'enough', but it gives more insight into the complexity of our financial status)

I'd like to see the LOB explain this away.
Of course they won't, they'll just ignore it like they do everything else that doesn't fit their agenda.

What are you basing the "would have been a similar outlay this summer" on? I think it is tough to make your argument when a big piece seems to be based on a highly debatable hypothetical.

Our January spending seems like a negative more than a positive for Levy as he didn't come close to spending what we needed on a glaring hole at striker. If he is unwilling to spend when there is such a clear and desperate need like we had there is not a whole lot of confidence that he will spend when the holes are present but not so clearly obvious.

And of course it will take more than one big summer spending (especially when the money was spent so poorly) to erase the zero transfer spending he made history with before that.
Totally agree. Suddenly levy would have definately spent big again. :kanehand:

Back
Top Bottom