Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but that's cringeworthy, they own the club and a petition achieves nothing but make us look like cunts.
You've got a very valid point. But the Valencia fans just made Lim put them on the market..at least that's what he prolly wants them to think. In truth he was banking on European money and Mendes players/dirty money and this Covid has made it all too rich for his blood.

I wonder what the finances will be like if we're stuck in mid-table wilderness, with no European football, for the next couple of years. Wondering if there's a scenario where the NFL games, concerts, etc plus domestic football isn't enough to sustain ENIC's interest and they sell up. Of course, whether or not there are any potential buyers is another question altogether.

I wonder what the finances will be like if we're stuck in mid-table wilderness, with no European football, for the next couple of years. Wondering if there's a scenario where the NFL games, concerts, etc plus domestic football isn't enough to sustain ENIC's interest and they sell up. Of course, whether or not there are any potential buyers is another question altogether.

We can but hope

That's a fantasy. They won't sell, they'll just start selling players regularly, buying cheap, lowering the wage bill.

Oh Sammy. To make this argument would signal an astounding lack of understanding on football ie league vs cup comps.
I fully understand. Poch fucked them off for the title challenge. But we bottled it.

s I said our play was more advanced than our mentality as we were ahead of schedule. Are you just going to ask things I've already acknowledged? Coaches grow and learn too and I'd like to add that you are no measure of judging a manager. Didn't you say Mou was the fucking man because he was a winner? What the fuck do you know then?
That has zero to do with Levy though.
Poch had a team that finished above Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Utd in the same season.
But not Leicester.
And not Woolwich because we got murdered by a relegated team 5-1 on the last day.

So again, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth can lift a PL, but not a prime Toby or Jan?
Is that on the chairman? Really?

I fully understand. Poch fucked them off for the title challenge. But we bottled it.

Poch had a team that finished above Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Utd in the same season.
But not Leicester.
And not Woolwich because we got murdered by a relegated team 5-1 on the last day.

So again, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth can lift a PL, but not a prime Toby or Jan?
Poch regularly bottled it in finals, semi finals and towards the end of leagues. it was always his major weakness, he just doesn't have that killer instinct required to be a top top serial winner. Really good coach though and achieved a ton.

But he isn't entirely to blame for failing to win the title or titles. It's a joint effort that starts from the top, in the board room and you need everyone in the club on board if you want to go all the way. Look at City and Liverpool - they are totally committed from owners, to executives, management and coaching team... to the pitch. We just didn't have the structure.

o, but like most things that can be learned you need the right tools and environment conducive for such edification.
Errrrrr you and others claim Poch was world class and a miracle worker.
We had the right tools then in the manager.

Did you want Levy to buy Poch a history of success he could fall back on?

But not Leicester.
Yes, and he and we were all fucked off about that...as a matter of fact I'm still a little irritated so thanks for bringing that up Sammy, prick.

I really, truly feel that it was too early mentally Sammy. they were all 23ish man. They hadn't assimilated their new position in PL and world football. And Morgan and Huth (his second metal right?) amongst others were fighting their balls off for a once in a lifetime chance...and you know they got every fcking call that year because the script said so.

But Ihear you Sammy. I just don't think it should all be laid at his step. There was no expectation for us in the Leicester year. The next year however should have moved DL/ENIC to invest consiering how close we were.

Errrrrr you and others claim Poch was world class and a miracle worker.
We had the right tools then in the manager.
NO, I do not. I see and saw faults in him that are still not even discussed on this board. I have never thought he was WC. He was a young manager who was learning. And players win things not managers. It's folly to think it otherwise.

Did you want Levy to buy Poch a history of success he could fall back on?
Not sure I understand what you are saying here.

The more interesting question for me is whether the ticket prices will still be sky high after a few years in mid table wilderness

And if so , do 60,000 fans still pay the money and turn up every other week ?

Not this again......in seasons we beat City, Chelsea and Utd in the PL and finished above them, why didn’t we have the team to beat them in a cup?
How did Leicester have the team? But not us?
How did we lose to Leicester at WHL and throw away 0-2 v Chelsea and lose to West Ham and draw with Woolwich who had ten men?

Winning Mentality. Or lack of it.

You can’t teach it if you don’t have it yourself.
Winning mentality. We've not had it for so long, we don't know what it is.

There will be buyers no doubt.

A London based EPL team, with a brand new stadium with all the hard work done getting it developed and built and some ties to the US with the NFL deal. There will be no shortage of potential buyers at all.

Whether any of them are willing to pay the ridiculous price that Levy will no doubt put on it is questionable but there will be plenty of options if the team is ever put up for sale.

Making a fuss won’t bother Levy. The only way we could initiate change would be to hit him in his pocket. That means things like boycotting games, not buying merchandise. That’ll never happen though.
I for one am doing that. But obviously won't even be a scratch.

Back
Top Bottom