Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately ENIC are not going to leave anytime soon, if this continues into next season with crowds back I could see it getting a bit hostile for Mr levy.
But despite any abuse he may get he isn't going to be overly concerned, his dream of a multi purpose international sports and entertainment group is taking shape and taking money in equal measure.
Whilst he is in charge we won't win trophies or really compete for them, we have to accept it and play the long game waiting for him to leave because he won't change.

The other teams did some different things than we did vs. stadium argument etc.

Wage bill percentage to revenue compared to other clubs and disintegration of quality of squad compared to players bought and sold (and respective valuations) swings it for me.

What's the club worth currently?
I suppose the value of the club depends on what would actually be put up for sale.
Would it just be the football club?
Would the multi-sports and entertainment complex, in which the football club play as the anchor tennants, be retained by the current owners?
Would all the other buildings and infrastructure constructed on the back of Spurs and serviced by the 30 year debt be part of the package?
Would the government funded £175,000,000.00 loan be an issue?

Too many unknown factors to put a serious number on it I think, mate.

I’m no Levy fanboy but I don’t blame him for being wary of spending big.

If you look at our big money signings (considering inflation) it has the likes of:

Bentley
Bent
Lamela
Soldado
Sissoko
Sanchez
Ndombele

I’m not saying none of the above haven’t offered something, but that’s well over £200m largely down the drain.

Check Levy's net worth out for a starters.

But the main reason they've become wealthier thanks to Spurs isn't dividends - there's a reason most clubs don't do it; the return on investment is poor.

ENIC specifically did the whole stadium complex not exclusively through the club but satellite companies to profit off of tertiary business such as hotel, shopping, merch etc, which disadvantages the club directly, due to not getting that extra side revenue.
Because the LOB keep saying that they have taken money out of Spurs, I yet to see any evidence of that
Cooked books.

Without any change in ownership , nothing will change . Enic will bleed the club as their legacy of all clubs they have owned . All have suffered on the footballing side under their leadership.
5 , 10 , 15 years time , Spurs will still be nothing but a
second fiddle project .
Maybe even worse, a viola project!

If you look at our big money signings (considering inflation) it has the likes of:

Bentley
Bent
Lamela
Soldado
Sissoko
Sanchez
Ndombele

I’m not saying none of the above haven’t offered something, but that’s well over £200m largely down the drain.
Some of that is on him. He wants champions league football on the cheap but has a poor scouting system. With ENIC's model our scouting network should be one of the best in the world.

If you can add the following:

Since 2000:

Chelsea- PL x 5, CL x 1, EL x 2, FA x 6, LC x 3.
Man Utd - PL x 8, CL x 1, EL x 1, FA x 2, LC x 4.
Man City - PL x 4, FA x 2, LC x 4.
L’pool - PL x 1, CL x 2, EL x 1, FA x 2, LC x 3.
Woolwich - PL x 2, FA x 6.
Spurs - LC x 1.

god that is absolutely embarrassing. All the trophies won by all our top6 rivals since Levy/ENIC took over and we have 1 piddly league cup to our name amongst all those trophies from our rivals. We can’t even take the piss out of Woolwich when they have 2 leagues and 6 Fa cups to our 1 league cup. No wonder why rivals take the piss. We are the ultimate failures, that’s all we are.

god that is absolutely embarrassing. All the trophies won by all our top6 rivals since Levy/ENIC took over and we have 1 piddly league cup to our name amongst all those trophies from our rivals. We can’t even take the piss out of Woolwich when they have 2 leagues and 6 Fa cups to our 1 league cup. No wonder why rivals take the piss. We are the ultimate failures, that’s all we are.

World record profit and loss and best stadium (most expensive) in the world. Surrounding area going up in value. Club worth approx £2bn now.

When your owners are an Investment Group with an interest in local property value and land they are the only results that matters.

Truth.

World record profit and loss and best stadium (most expensive) in the world. Surrounding area going up in value. Club worth approx £2bn now.

When your owners are an Investment Group with an interest in local property value and land they are the only results that matters.

Truth.
Their profits will take a big hit if the team remains mediocre. This team won't be seeing CL football for a very long time, so that's one revenue stream dad to ENIC.

Their profits will take a big hit if the team remains mediocre. This team won't be seeing CL football for a very long time, so that's one revenue stream dad to ENIC.

Yeah. So what do they do to invest in the team.

Sell expensive then buy cheap and promote youth and start a new cycle. Is my guess anyway.

Mourinho failed to bring CL football. Bet his £15m a year contract has some clause around that.

Bentley
Bent
Lamela
Soldado
Sissoko
Sanchez
Ndombele

Thats not really an excuse to stop spending though, you just have to make better decisions regardless of what you're paying whether it be large amounts or small amounts. Whoever made those poor decisions should be held to account.

If it were me I'd establish a clear vision of how I wanted the team to play and then buy players to fit the system.

Back
Top Bottom