Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of that is on him. He wants champions league football on the cheap but has a poor scouting system. With ENIC's model our scouting network should be one of the best in the world.
Agreed. If levy isn't comfortable with spending big then scouting & recruitment has to be really good. Its been crap for a while.

Thats not really an excuse to stop spending though, you just have to make better decisions regardless of what you're paying whether it be large amounts or small amounts. Whoever made those poor decisions should be held to account.

If it were me I'd establish a clear vision of how I wanted the team to play and then buy players to fit the system.
Yeah you still need to be careful who you spend big on. If we had spent on players like bruno, mane, dyabla etc we would be in a much better place now. I know they could have ended up flops here. But surely even we couldn't have messed all those up.

Thats not really an excuse to stop spending though, you just have to make better decisions regardless of what you're paying whether it be large amounts or small amounts. Whoever made those poor decisions should be held to account.

If it were me I'd establish a clear vision of how I wanted the team to play and then buy players to fit the system.

It's not an excuse - but in any other industry if you were spending that much and not getting results and at the same time getting Kane, Winks, Alli, etc for pretty much free where do you think efforts would be concentrated?....

god that is absolutely embarrassing. All the trophies won by all our top6 rivals since Levy/ENIC took over and we have 1 piddly league cup to our name amongst all those trophies from our rivals. We can’t even take the piss out of Woolwich when they have 2 leagues and 6 Fa cups to our 1 league cup. No wonder why rivals take the piss. We are the ultimate failures, that’s all we are.
It is isn’t it, and yet we have threads on here that start with “Come here to laugh at (insert any one of the names teams)” now that’s embarrassing🤗...Now I know they are more to poke fun at their fans, but still....

The Stadium argument will run forever, it is Levy’s Kevlar vest, and there will always be enough fans who will stand in front of him as cannon fodder too, so touching Levy is near on impossible right now, mean while that list of trophies I posted will keep growing in favour of “our rivals”🤦🏻.....

Then again, a League cup in 08 under ENIC, pre dated with one in 99, an FA cup in 91, a UFEA Cup in 84 and Two more FA cups in 81 & 82 is our total haul in 40 years of football, 6 trophies, isn’t really a ENIC problem, but it does fall well short of our 1 trophy per every 6 1/2 year ratio or 1.5 trophies per 10 year period....

I don’t think it’s all about money, and I certainly don’t want a new owner to just throw money at the thing, but a new owner who has a good footballing brain, and knows how to build, and by that I mean know when to support a manager and know how important it is to add quality every single year.....
There is a reason mid table teams are competing with us, Wolves, Sheffield Utd, etc etc, because half our team wouldn’t get in their team...that may sound harsh but seriously, players like Lamela, Sanchez, Aurier, Davies, Vertonghan (so past his prime☹️) to name but a few wouldn’t get a game for these teams....

Just looking at next seasons season ticket renewal details.
20% of your season ticket price just to be able to be put into a ballot for any chance of a ticket for each game.
If there is no crowds allowed into the stadium next season the 20% will be non refundable and taken off the following season ticket 2021-22.
This man does not give a fuck about anything only £££.
The only way the season tickets should have been sold was pay full price and any game you were not successful in the ballot a pro rata monthly payment should have been paid back to the season ticket holder.
I think this could be the final straw for many fans

Not heard about letting crowds back but Theatres stated that they cannot see the difference between sitting in a Theatre and sitting on a Plane. Football stadiums are safer than Theatres and I would say safer than sitting on a plane for several hours. Whilst Premier league can play behind closed doors the lower leagues cannot afford to pay players wages without any income from fans. Therefore no crowds and Football below the Championship will not exist.

20% of your season ticket price just to be able to be put into a ballot for any chance of a ticket for each game.
If there is no crowds allowed into the stadium next season the 20% will be non refundable and taken off the following season ticket 2021-22.
The only way the season tickets should have been sold was pay full price and any game you were not successful in the ballot a pro rata monthly payment should have been paid back to the season ticket holder.
As Jessie J said it's all about the money, money, money.

I think they have worked out what the reduced capacity will be and that every season ticket holder is going to get to over 20% of the games

Some of the people in those comments calling people "plastics" and saying "this makes the supporters look bad"

These people have been convinced that we are stuck with ENIC and can do no better than them, brainwashed plebians happy with mediocrity.

Here's the reality, the plane will give ENIC negative press, sure it might not change a damn thing but the reality is, the supporters don't have many avenues of complaint do they?

Every single suggestion is met with "oh you moaning twat, be happy with what you have!" or some variant of that, basically supporters that are unhappy with ENIC will NEVER change the minds of people who are uncomfortable with the idea of challenging these owners who are frankly, turning our club into a hollow money making machine with no prospect of success.

Frankly, I don't care if it "makes us look like that lot down the road" if you want change you have to speak up and make the change happen, this club needs new owners, nothing will change until it happens.

Some of the people in those comments calling people "plastics" and saying "this makes the supporters look bad"

These people have been convinced that we are stuck with ENIC and can do no better than them, brainwashed plebians happy with mediocrity.

Here's the reality, the plane will give ENIC negative press, sure it might not change a damn thing but the reality is, the supporters don't have many avenues of complaint do they?

Every single suggestion is met with "oh you moaning twat, be happy with what you have!" or some variant of that, basically supporters that are unhappy with ENIC will NEVER change the minds of people who are uncomfortable with the idea of challenging these owners who are frankly, turning our club into a hollow money making machine with no prospect of success.

Frankly, I don't care if it "makes us look like that lot down the road" if you want change you have to speak up and make the change happen, this club needs new owners, nothing will change until it happens.
Change is good it needs to happen.

You should re-read the email you got.

🤔

Back
Top Bottom