Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of the people in those comments calling people "plastics" and saying "this makes the supporters look bad"

These people have been convinced that we are stuck with ENIC and can do no better than them, brainwashed plebians happy with mediocrity.

Here's the reality, the plane will give ENIC negative press, sure it might not change a damn thing but the reality is, the supporters don't have many avenues of complaint do they?

Every single suggestion is met with "oh you moaning twat, be happy with what you have!" or some variant of that, basically supporters that are unhappy with ENIC will NEVER change the minds of people who are uncomfortable with the idea of challenging these owners who are frankly, turning our club into a hollow money making machine with no prospect of success.

Frankly, I don't care if it "makes us look like that lot down the road" if you want change you have to speak up and make the change happen, this club needs new owners, nothing will change until it happens.

We have become exactly like Woolwich - only difference is we are doing it at such speed that we seem to have already gone past them

Missed this in the middle of the pandemic...
"I was frustrated with how I was treated [at Tottenham] and it was bad," Wanyama said.

"I lost a little bit of passion. For me to lose passion? I'm the guy that loves the game. I was so frustrated and I just wasn't happy."

"The first thing [Mourinho] told me, he was wondering why I wasn't playing. I have to be playing. The problem wasn't with the coach if you ask me. The problem was a little bit upstairs and they didn't give me a chance," Wanyama said.

"I was not given the chance to come back," Wanyama said.

"They tried to frustrate me. They gave me one game after four months, or three months, so it was a little bit tough."

🤔

Missed this in the middle of the pandemic...
"I was frustrated with how I was treated [at Tottenham] and it was bad," Wanyama said.

"I lost a little bit of passion. For me to lose passion? I'm the guy that loves the game. I was so frustrated and I just wasn't happy."

"The first thing [Mourinho] told me, he was wondering why I wasn't playing. I have to be playing. The problem wasn't with the coach if you ask me. The problem was a little bit upstairs and they didn't give me a chance," Wanyama said.

"I was not given the chance to come back," Wanyama said.

"They tried to frustrate me. They gave me one game after four months, or three months, so it was a little bit tough."

🤔

Jesus. Hard not to see that as boardroom interference.

Years ago I remember Jol saying Levy ordered him to play Berbatov in a cup game against Chelsea. I’ve also long suspected that new signings with fees based on appearances might have been sidelined if they didn’t hit the ground running.

Probably misremembering, but for some reason I thought Gio dos Santos would cost us a larger sum if he made X amount of appearances for us, which never happened (largely because he wasn’t very good).

More generally I think Levy always has one eye on sell-on value, which might explain an over sensitivity towards injury-prone players.

Jesus. Hard not to see that as boardroom interference.

Years ago I remember Jol saying Levy ordered him to play Berbatov in a cup game against Chelsea. I’ve also long suspected that new signings with fees based on appearances might have been sidelined if they didn’t hit the ground running.

Probably misremembering, but for some reason I thought Gio dos Santos would cost us a larger sum if he made X amount of appearances for us, which never happened (largely because he wasn’t very good).

More generally I think Levy always has one eye on sell-on value, which might explain an over sensitivity towards injury-prone players.

Not sure there is any conspiracy with Wanyama - both of the last two managers didn't want him and were trying to sell him.

For some reason he turned down a move to Club Brugge last summer at the last minute.

Not sure there is any conspiracy with Wanyama - both of the last two managers didn't want him and were trying to sell him.

For some reason he turned down a move to Club Brugge last summer at the last minute.
Point being more about the board/people higher up the food chain obviously having more effect on decisions that have led to the state of our currently wildly unbalanced and lacking squad.

Yes - but some people are way beyond even that level of reasoning
Well dude you might not get it , fair play to you and it sounds it's never any issue for you .
Nobody is beyond your standards of reasoning , many just see one eternal root problem , that always sees the football team as a poor second to profits and has no knowledge of football how to make the right decisions.

Some of that is on him. He wants champions league football on the cheap but has a poor scouting system. With ENIC's model our scouting network should be one of the best in the world.
So, so, so right but scouting setups don't look pretty on a balance sheet. It is so short sighted.

Back
Top Bottom