Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly don't know how any of you can blame Levy Jong-Un, supreme leader of Tottenham Hotspur, winner of 20 PL titles in a row, 12 Time mount Everest climber and wrestler of bears. Its definitely those millions of managers who were shite! My only guess is that there are loads of paid defector Woolwich rebel scum on this site trying to sow discourse and spread disinformation about our one true leader!

giphy.gif

Levy comes off like a total prat in the documentary anyway

Doesn't inspire respect to be honest. No presence. No charisma.

What happens on the pitch ultimately starts in the top chair. Levy's influence on the team is obvious.

Im all for sticking it to them but that doesn’t really tell the whole story (conveniently) does it? It’s a repayment. The fuckers have still put nothing in like they are allowed to do.

2.66% is a great rate on the debt, and didn't someone say it's been even further refinanced from there?

Back of the envelope that debt service would cost something like 35M per year for a facility that increases our match day income by nine figures without breaking a sweat.

Sucks as long as Covid is happening of course, but that is an extremely successful project.

2.66% is a great rate on the debt, and didn't someone say it's been even further refinanced from there?

Back of the envelope that debt service would cost something like 35M per year for a facility that increases our match day income by nine figures without breaking a sweat.

Sucks as long as Covid is happening of course, but that is an extremely successful project.

I’m not saying it’s an unsuccessful project but I think that’s an overly simplistic view.

The discount rate used on this project is certainly higher than 2.66%. The opportunity cost of what we could’ve done with the cash we’ve put into the stadium is significant, as seen by our recent transfer dealings (or lack thereof).

I think it’s fair to say, when reading comments on forums, across social media and speaking to long time fans that we’ve reached a tipping point - I’ve not seen so much anger since the end of the Sherwood days.

I won’t be putting my money in until things change and after 20 years all my families OH memberships were not renewed. spend the money and time instead on my family - football should be entertainment and enjoyment and the last year has been anything but.

We will see how serious ENIC value the football side of their business by Oct 5th. I find it difficult to watch us not invest in the team when it was needed most to really kick on and today we are seeing the result of that.

We saw before the first window after Redknapp took over that with a real threat of relegation ENIC acted to bring in players that made a difference.

Time to do so again. If they want to see their investment value significantly drop as a mid table side in one of the worlds best stadium with no European football next year and the possible loss of Harry and Son they must act now - or sell up.

As for the documentary, many questions left unanswered or not shown in this PR exercise. I won’t comment on the shambles that is Hitchin but Levy’s comments that he works to leave the team in a better position at the end of a transfer window will haunt him if he fails again.

I think it’s fair to say, when reading comments on forums, across social media and speaking to long time fans that we’ve reached a tipping point - I’ve not seen so much anger since the end of the Sherwood days.

I won’t be putting my money in until things change and after 20 years all my families OH memberships were not renewed. spend the money and time instead on my family - football should be entertainment and enjoyment and the last year has been anything but.

We will see how serious ENIC value the football side of their business by Oct 5th. I find it difficult to watch us not invest in the team when it was needed most to really kick on and today we are seeing the result of that.

We saw before the first window after Redknapp took over that with a real threat of relegation ENIC acted to bring in players that made a difference.

Time to do so again. If they want to see their investment value significantly drop as a mid table side in one of the worlds best stadium with no European football next year and the possible loss of Harry and Son they must act now - or sell up.

As for the documentary, many questions left unanswered or not shown in this PR exercise. I won’t comment on the shambles that is Hitchin but Levy’s comments that he works to leave the team in a better position at the end of a transfer window will haunt him if he fails again.

I think most fans accepted us as an austerity club while the stadium was being built and all the money and effort went on that but now excuses ware thin.

To hire a cheque book manager without a cheque book is laughable and quite frankly amateurish. It appears like we have little in the way of a coherent plan at least on the football side of things, the business on the other hand is fine.

I have always been fine with Levy staying for the business aspects but unless he can separate himself from the football side and get someone who knows what they are doing from a footballing perspective I don’t see us going anywhere.

This season we could see Everton, Wolves and sadly the scum go past us given the weaknesses our squad. It’s very frustrating and it doesn’t help that the football is so shit to watch, like AVB.

Hate talkshite but he has got a point

Unfortunately. Dembele was the biggest loss, he enabled us to control the midfield, think of peak Dembele against Everton, no way would they dominate possession with him out there.

It’s sad but almost every place has been downgraded, even current Toby vs peak Toby. Only thing I would say is GLC looks a player if he can sort out his injury issues.

I think the reason for the anger is that we turned a corner and were on the cusp of moving on to the next level with the new stadium done and a CL final.

You can't build that level of expectation and then feign poverty when its well documented we're one of the most financially healthy clubs in the league.

I've always tried to be patient but starting to get annoyed now when you look at what those around us doing. Unless they all end up becoming bankrupt in the next 5 years it proves our model does nothing apart from look after our business interests.

So in the past 5 years these blokes have:
  • taken 40m out of the club in dividends
  • paid themselves the highest director fees in football
  • charged fans the 2nd highest ticket prices in the world
  • sacked the first manager put the club in title contention since the PL era began
  • built a stadium over budget & late
  • couldn't get a naming rights deal for said stadium
  • now unlikely to get naming rights for knocked back initial rates due to a worldwide pandemic (spursy or what)
The game is about glory but not to the English National Investment Company.

As an investment we are the Real Madrid of football assets. As a football club we are fuck all

Danny Kelly is a proper longtime Tottenham fan and nails it. Talkshite is hideous but Kelly isnt just a wind up merchant or saying things for clicks. I wonder if Levy has any idea of the levels of discontent or if he is in his own little world thinking we're all chuffed because the skywalk has reopened.
Levy won't be worried as long as fan's continue to spend money with them that's all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom