Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hopefully Levy has finally leant from the past Januray windows, (2012, & the Leicester season when a "big" spend may have got us over the line)
we have already spent that money in the summer, we now look close to winning things a real DM would be great, if we got a top CH as well (may need to sell Dele & Davidson but only if we get in 2 top players)

Predicting a £150mn loss if no fans allowed this season.
That's a "loss of revenue" not a loss of money ... even with Covid we still made an operating profit of £115m the second highest in our history, after exceptional items and taxes, including a £71m stadium depreciation, we made an accounting loss of £64m ... it's bad but not as bad as most EPL clubs who have far less non-gate income.

Predicting a £150mn loss if no fans allowed this season.
Yeah, it's massive!

But the playing field is reduced the same across all clubs, not necessarily in like for like £, as no doubt this projected loss will factor in the new Stadium revenue (which these numbers confirm is the highest in the country) but also the cost of the debt to service the mortgage/loan/bonds that built it.

Most other clubs are geared terribly with wages to turnover at unsustainable levels, whilst having very low (relative) matchday incomes, relying on approx 70% income from TV/Media.

But very hard for any business within the entertainment industry to go on too much longer without the fans (customers) and their knock-on impact this also has on sponsorship, TV adtervisting etc

Sorry Guido you are wrong on this one.......

I had forgotten all about this cunt. Didn't see that Tweet originally from him but I absolutely love how the financials of Spurs makes him fume. He was all over us during the Stadium build and ramped up his rhetoric as the contract delays kick in. Predicting catastrophic financial problems blah, blah. He got absolutely rinsed when Spurs published their accounts last year.

Glad to see we continue to live rent-free in his head.

I had forgotten all about this cunt. Didn't see that Tweet originally from him but I absolutely love how the financials of Spurs makes him fume. He was all over us during the Stadium build and ramped up his rhetoric as the contract delays kick in. Predicting catastrophic financial problems blah, blah. He got absolutely rinsed when Spurs published their accounts last year.

Guids, what's your take on word that DL was in talks with the Saudis to sell the club?

Guids, what's your take on word that DL was in talks with the Saudis to sell the club?
Talks he will have on a regular basis no doubt (just as Joe Lewis dose from his yacht). Every club (business) is for sale at the price that's right.

If you are looking for a take on the owners being Saudi (assuming it's a Sovereign state, rather than a wealthy individual like Joe Lewis) I'd be 100% opposed to it. Which translates into I can't do fuck all about it. But if it were to go through I'd actively protest against them (not Spurs).

Talks he will have on a regular basis no doubt (just as Joe Lewis dose from his yacht). Every club (business) is for sale at the price that's right.

If you are looking for a take on the owners being Saudi (assuming it's a Sovereign state, rather than a wealthy individual like Joe Lewis) I'd be 100% opposed to it. Which translates into I can't do fuck all about it. But if it were to go through I'd actively protest against them (not Spurs).
I believe it was the PIF, Public Investment Fund of SA. It supposedly only came out because of papers from the Newcastle case. Would be interested to see the dates of said talks relative to the goings on around the club.

I believe it was the PIF, Public Investment Fund of SA. It supposedly only came out because of papers from the Newcastle case. Would be interested to see the dates of said talks relative to the goings on around the club.
If it's them, then I'd be vehemently opposed as they are murderers, child abusers, torturers, rapists, war criminals & racists to name but a few of their dark practices.

But I haven't read this from any serious media outlets, so suspect it's the type of fan that thinks supporting a football club is only about winning a pot and the only way to do it is via the untouchable gangsters, who have taken to Twitter behind a profile name of "SuperTangayBoy" to make it so.

Merson saying we'd have to sell Kane to pay for the stadium was my favorite, as if Levy needs to have the cash on hand or something.

So match day revenue nearly doubled from the previous year on a pro-rata basis - wow

Can't be bothered to look but I'd imagine that's more like 4 or 5 times revenue from old WHL
Old WHL had about £40-45 million the last couple year under Poch, but that included Europe and cup matches, so it's basically triple on football alone. Add in other events and it's nearly quadruple.

If it's them, then I'd be vehemently opposed as they are murderers, child abusers, torturers, rapists, war criminals & racists to name but a few of their dark practices.

But I haven't read this from any serious media outlets, so suspect it's the type of fan that thinks supporting a football club is only about winning a pot and the only way to do it is via the untouchable gangsters, who have taken to Twitter behind a profile name of "SuperTangayBoy" to make it so.
Report: Spurs alleged to have ‘come so close’ to £3.5 billion Saudi sale

Merson saying we'd have to sell Kane to pay for the stadium was my favorite, as if Levy needs to have the cash on hand or something.
Well before we even moved into the stadium all goons have has the same commentary, they have based everything off their own experience, so they have said....
1. Crap atmosphere
2. Will have to sell our best players to fund the stadium
3. Will not make a profit
4. Will not compete in the market place
5. We are a decade behind their development and therefore financial planning
6. As a consequence to the above, not make top 4

They failed to council the possibility that we looked at what they did and chose to do it very differently. There is a simple premise of looking at things with objectivity, rather than "hopefully". Sure, they want it to have been a disaster, I'm sure we would all have thought the same wishes about them but what you wish to happen is entirely different on what is actually happening.

Make no mistake we are in a very difficult period and this will have far-reaching consequences but we aren't alone in this predicament, all clubs are up shit creek (I've no idea how this impacts City or Chelsea or PSG) it is a recalibration for every club.

The frustrating downside is the one thing we did to level the financial playing field was to drop a billion on a new stadium, build it as best it could be as these figures out today show just how right we were to do this, but who could have predicted a global pandemic closing off all the financial gains we had engineered.

But to search for the positive, we did just at the time where the drawbridge has been pulled up. In order to achieve it we got our finances into great order, the brand new stadium, new training ground, new lodge is 50% paid off!! The remaining debt is secured on ultra-low interest for the next 25yrs.

No doubt social media is now doing what it always does, predicting us to go out of business, well I can think of 16 Clubs in a worse predicament than ours. It reminds me of this joke:
Two guys are in the jungle when they see a lion running towards them. Frantically, one of the men starts putting on his running shoes.
Surprised, the other man says " What are you thinking, you can't outrun a lion!!!"
" I don't have to outrun the lion," said the man, " I just have to outrun you."

Loss of revenue is a pretty meaningless number without knowing how much profit (if any) you derive from that particular revenue stream.

I have no idea what that is for stadium revenue but i imagine its substantial? 25-35% range???

Back
Top Bottom