Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Then we won't get champions league then and get less revenue as a result.
Five clubs who spent more than us will finish below us - and two who spent less than us will finish ahead.

It's not just the money but how you use it ... West Ham spent two bob, Everton spent 200m go figure.

Of course we need to spend money but we need to spend it well, more Hojbjerg less Sanchez

Also "the last two seasons" is a convenient benchmark.

How about including the 2 seasons where we invested 0 pence?

Oh, that kind of ruins the narrative.

Why throw up something everybody knows was a catastrophic mistake three years ago, nobody at all is saying spend nothing .... so what exactly was your point?

The last two seasons are the most recent so of course they inform the narrative, for us spending nearly 200m hasn't improved the squad all that much, it's about who you buy not how much you spend, unless that is you have limitless cash and can just buy another 70m keeper when your first one fails ... don't think even the most ardent "money grows on trees" fan seriously believes we can do that.

We need to match the spend of our rivals (oligarchs and sheikhs excepted) and we need to be much better at picking players who will hit the ground running ... we simply don't have time to give them half a season to bed-in, another season's top four will be gone already.

How much do you suggest we spend on transfers, wages, signing on fees and agent fees to get the extra revenue that we’d get for a run to, say, the QF of the CL? What’s the break even figure for the £45m plus tv money? Maybe £60m?
I don't know that's for ENIC to work out. I said it a million times before if don't have big money to spend we need the best scouting network, set up possible, we certainly don't have that.

Why throw up something everybody knows was a catastrophic mistake three years ago, nobody at all is saying spend nothing .... so what exactly was your point?

The last two seasons are the most recent so of course they inform the narrative, for us spending nearly 200m hasn't improved the squad all that much, it's about who you buy not how much you spend, unless that is you have limitless cash and can just buy another 70m keeper when your first one fails ... don't think even the most ardent "money grows on trees" fan seriously believes we can do that.

We need to match the spend of our rivals (oligarchs and sheikhs excepted) and we need to be much better at picking players who will hit the ground running ... we simply don't have time to give them half a season to bed-in, another season's top four will be gone already.

Oh. So changing the goalposts from how much to how spent.

Cool. I can do that.

So how did that go, then? Including the value of the two managers sacked?

Who exactly has the final say on players bought and sold, along with on managers hired and sacked?

Oh. So changing the goalposts from how much to how spent.

Cool. I can do that.

So how did that go, then? Including the value of the two managers sacked?

Who exactly has the final say on players bought and sold, along with on managers hired and sacked?
He's a paid ENIC troll - don't bother

We've invested 258m in the last two years (net 181m) - that's pretty serious isn't it?

No question we need to invest more but just maybe in the post Covid window that's a wee bit unrealistic.
You say we've invested net 181m in 2 years, but the year before that we spent nothing and made record profits. I'm pretty sure no one at ENIC is going without their beluga caviar in 2021. And Levy had to give his new pet some money to spend.

Meanwhile, ManUre fans are throwing flares at the stadium because their owners only spent £90m on Pogba, £85m on Maguire, £80m on Lukaku, £67m on Di Maria, £54m on Martial £53m on Fred, £50m on Obi Wan Kenobi, etc, etc, etc.
That's not even including their and other players wages we typically won't get near.

If you are 'ok' with what is currently happening at the club with ENIC - you need a head wobble, mate - with respect
They could be doing a lot better. But could be a lot worse. I’m just not going to get massively perplexed over something I’ve no control over.

I’ve no issue about the money we have spent recently, just have issue about where it’s gone and for who. But as I don’t know if Levy is choosing players, or the manager is doing it, or Hitchin, there’s not really much to debate when everything is guesswork.

Well it does.

Most supporters are now anti-Enic, and rightly so.
Yeah but it doesn’t.

Let’s flip it round then. If you think we should just go out and buy a load of players, spending £300m in summer and similar in January, then you are a twat that doesn’t know how money works. It doesn’t make you ambitious, just makes you look thick.

But I wouldn’t say that. I don’t think anyone who has an issue about ENIC is wrong. I certainly don’t think slagging off the owners make anyone else a better fan or a more ambitious one. We all want success, we just feel there’s different ways to achieve it.

And just because there are a couple of dozen vocal opponents of ENIC on here, that doesn’t equate to “most supporters”. People who are against something are generally the most vocal, doesn’t give them an actual majority.

Yeah but it doesn’t.

Let’s flip it round then. If you think we should just go out and buy a load of players, spending £300m in summer and similar in January, then you are a twat that doesn’t know how money works. It doesn’t make you ambitious, just makes you look thick.

But I wouldn’t say that. I don’t think anyone who has an issue about ENIC is wrong. I certainly don’t think slagging off the owners make anyone else a better fan or a more ambitious one. We all want success, we just feel there’s different ways to achieve it.

And just because there are a couple of dozen vocal opponents of ENIC on here, that doesn’t equate to “most supporters”. People who are against something are generally the most vocal, doesn’t give them an actual majority.

In the words of the great Kublai Khan.

How DARE you speak to me.

:sonpoint:

That is not true - most fans are ENIC OUT now - those thieving cunt must go and rightly so

Also "the last two seasons" is a convenient benchmark.

How about including the 2 seasons where we invested 0 pence?

Oh, that kind of ruins the narrative.
Let's go back to when Poch arrived, which I think is a fair sample.

About £600m spent on players, and that includes the no spend windows.

Problem is a lot of it was spent on shite.

Back
Top Bottom