Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bingo. He's (unfortunately) excellent at business, but at some point he thought that it meant he would be good at football.

He's done this to himself though. It'll be interesting to see if this continues when the stadium is open for everything at full capacity.
Well I always thought that but we are 1.7 BILLION in debt, I thought the whole point of the penny pinching for years was to avoid massive debt like this.

Well I always thought that but we are 1.7 BILLION in debt, I thought the whole point of the penny pinching for years was to avoid massive debt like this.
We could have avoided it by:

- The bald fraud not fucking up the build and racking up months of delays and millions of changes

- The bald fraud not fucking up the naming rights and securing a sweet deal before Covid

- The bald fraud not being a greedy snake and turning ENIC into property portfolio managers and not a football club

Bingo. He's (unfortunately) excellent at business, but at some point he thought that it meant he would be good at football.

He's done this to himself though. It'll be interesting to see if this continues when the stadium is open for everything at full capacity.
Not even sure he’s excellent at business. He seems to be one dimensional a la Mike Ashley. Can perhaps go into a struggle retail biz and apply some creative accounting for a short term fix but could you see him shining at somewhere like Google or PWC where they are trying to grow revenue and build relationships?

he’s a shyster, I will cherish the day he fucks off or keels over and hands over the reins

He tries to blame Poch that we didn't sign any players in the stadium building years.
Also Poch was probably stung by the summer we tried to buy Mane, then Wijnaldum, then Zaha and ended up with Sissoko at 11.55pm on deadline day. Maybe he didn't just want to settle for a body in the squad but wanted a good player. Similar happened to Redknapp in January 2012, thought we had Gary Cahill, got Ryan Nelson. Levy's got some brass neck, no manager was turning down first team players, probably just squad filler or untried yougsters.

Why is it good ? Because he’s beginning to be outed for what he is . An overpaid chairman who gets too involved in the footballing side , which is something he knows little about. He’s full of false promises that end up biting THFC on the arse.
I get that but what makes u think he is riled? Have I missed something?

I get that but what makes u think he is riled? Have I missed something?
In the space of a few weeks he’s publicly come out to explain the situation, the end of the season letter then reiterating similar points the other day.

He isn’t known for being in the limelight, maybe it’s wishful thinking but it’s not normally how he goes about things. I think he knows that the fans are getting tired of his shenanigans.

As ever, things are mostly not black or white, but different shades of grey.

I have yet to receive a decent reply to this, but if it’s Levy and ENIC out, who is in?

It‘s fine to say that something doesn’t work, but you need a solid suggestion what the alternative is. „Anyone“ is not a viable suggestion.

Next thing is that we will be bloody expensive to buy. Can’t see anyone other than a state (shock fucking horror) to buy us.

We have made great progress the last ten years, reaching several finals and semifinals. With a bit more luck we would have sat here with more trophies. It wasn’t to be and now we have to build the next team. This one isn’t capable (yes, with a cool Höjbjerg finish we could have won the League Cup).

Apart from ESL and Stratford (most likely as part of the negotiation tactics to press more money out of Tottenham and Haringey they have made several smaller mistakes as well.

They should have invested more and better in the years we were flying (15-18) where we arguably were England’s best team.

I believe that Enic‘s plan has been to build the foundation for us to compete financially. That we would struggle to compete during the build of the stadium isn’t of big surprise, but it was a step necessary to do, as we want to challenge at the top.

Financially we are doing very well, and yes I know that’s not why we are fans. It will be much better though. We will receive money from concerts, NFL, boxing, events etc and this will help US further. With fans back we will have a staggering income.

A big chunk of the money will go to player investment and wages. We will slowly turn into a big player.

I respect those with another view, but I think we were unlucky Poch came 5 years top early. Now, we must hope Paratici and co can rebuild what’s been lost.

I’ll stick in here. Remember how it felt when Sherwood was in charge. Our turn will come guys - and imagine how that will feel.

Financially we are over £1.5 billion in debt.
No we aren't.

We have a stadium with finance that does/will pay for itself.

If you bought a 2nd property and rented it out at more than the cost of the mortgage, would you act as though you were in debt?
No, you'd enjoy the profit you make every month and forget the mortgage exists.

No we aren't.

We have a stadium with finance that does/will pay for itself.

If you bought a 2nd property and rented it out at more than the cost of the mortgage, would you act as though you were in debt?
No, you'd enjoy the profit you make every month and forget the mortgage exists.
Servicable, manageable debt is still debt.
A buy to let mortgage is still debt.

Back
Top Bottom