Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem is we have a shit egotistical business man at the top funded by a captive audience who cares more about his capital asset portfolio than the team.

Just an example: he baulked over £27m rather than £25m for grealish a year or two ago(?) who just got sold for his £100m release clause. We just spent £25m on Emerson who was bought for £8m a year or two ago(?) when we were reportedly after the Japanese fella all summer.

Another example, ndombele our record signing and one of our top earners doesn't want to play for the club.

Just another example, naming rights for the stadium. One of the best stadiums in the world that no one wants to put their name to? How long has it been?

I could go on but I'm just about to jump in the shower and don't want to risk slitting my wrists when I'm in there.

Let's be honest, if levy could sell the club and keep the stadium to hire out to thfc and the NFL etc he'd jump at it.

'anchor tenants'

£80 to watch this team play villa

Our manager was 8th choice
Agree with all the facts you've presented there. Just saying that in pure, bottom line, financial terms, they're doing alright.

It is clear Nuno's gameplan is 'sit deep and then try counter'

Why why on earth was he hired by Levy when it was clear that was going to be his philosphy. We were catergorically told we won't get another manager like that and yet here we are.

Its a disgrace. Paratici should hang his head in shame as well. He lobbied for this. Don my ass.

What a mess!

My main beef is the standard of players I know we have spent a bit I know we can't get the very best proven ones but no excuse for ending up with mid table standard guys on a regular basis plus know Levy has done some good things in a strictly business sense but I want the odd trophy .

It is clear Nuno's gameplan is 'sit deep and then try counter'

Why why on earth was he hired by Levy when it was clear that was going to be his philosphy. We were catergorically told we won't get another manager like that and yet here we are.

Its a disgrace. Paratici should hang his head in shame as well. He lobbied for this. Don my ass.

What a mess!
Could be that Levy simply backed his DoF.

That does not justify the situation we are in, but makes a plausible case for why we are in it.

So far this Nuno era has far too many things that remind me of the shite Gerry Francis Tottenham. Poor squad depth, poor performances and injuries on top of injuries (usually a sign of deep seated problems rather than a straight forward injury crisis )

That we are throwing out the shit performance this early on under a new manager is worrying in the extreme.

Their main objective was to build the infrastructure of the club for an eventual exit plan and humongous profit, which they done brilliantly. The football is secondary, as long as they have as around top 6 that’s ok for them to sell ST. People will laugh at me but I actually believe we have the possibility to be top 5 biggest clubs in Europe if they showed some ambition. Fundamentally we are a bigger club than Chelsea or City so if we had the same type of backing we would by logic have a bigger brand which is all they really care about. So I’m not sure why they aren’t prepared to go that extra step. Their profit over 20 years is now guaranteed, so why not maximise it to absolute fullest and leave a legacy.

Their main objective was to build the infrastructure of the club for an eventual exit plan and humongous profit, which they done brilliantly. The football is secondary, as long as they have as around top 6 that’s ok for them to sell ST. People will laugh at me but I actually believe we have the possibility to be top 5 biggest clubs in Europe if they showed some ambition. Fundamentally we are a bigger club than Chelsea or City so if we had the same type of backing we would by logic have a bigger brand which is all they really care about. So I’m not sure why they aren’t prepared to go that extra step. Their profit over 20 years is now guaranteed, so why not maximise it to absolute fullest and leave a legacy.
Because they don't give a shit about the football just Levy's ego when doing deals.

We have a billionaire owner. He rented his private island to our top striker for his holibobs and then the club told the press he was meant to be back at training at the time.

Zero fucks get zero trophies.

The problem is we have a shit egotistical business man at the top funded by a captive audience who cares more about his capital asset portfolio than the team.

Just an example: he baulked over £27m rather than £25m for grealish a year or two ago(?) who just got sold for his £100m release clause. We just spent £25m on Emerson who was bought for £8m a year or two ago(?) when we were reportedly after the Japanese fella all summer.

Another example, ndombele our record signing and one of our top earners doesn't want to play for the club.

Just another example, naming rights for the stadium. One of the best stadiums in the world that no one wants to put their name to? How long has it been?

I could go on but I'm just about to jump in the shower and don't want to risk slitting my wrists when I'm in there.

Let's be honest, if levy could sell the club and keep the stadium to hire out to thfc and the NFL etc he'd jump at it.

'anchor tenants'

£80 to watch this team play villa

Our manager was 8th choice
But just think of the brand exposure brought by having a bunch of fat, stat obsessed, hot dog munching hand egg fans hear the name Tatnam Hatspurz Stadium twice a year, priceless...

Our recruitment has been terrible for quite a few years now in any other business they would have been dismissed .I certainly blame Levy on some of the deals but we still should have got a better return on the money we have spent . A lot of the players are just either not good enough or not suitable for us but our scouts can't seem to spot that really terrible job they have done .
The last 4-5 years it's fucking terrible. That coincides with Paul Mitchell's departure and Steve Hitchen becoming the chief scout/technical director.

Obviously the system is broke and Paratici is in there to try and fix it. Based on this summer he may not be able to do that.

The last 4-5 years it's fucking terrible. That coincides with Paul Mitchell's departure and Steve Hitchen becoming the chief scout/technical director.

Obviously the system is broke and Paratici is in there to try and fix it. Based on this summer he may not be able to do that.
I think Paratici did a reasonable job (not great) in the two months he was in post - though we won't really know for a year whether the signings were good.

The massive glaring fuck up was swapping Lamela, Bale and Vinicius for Bryan Gil and a mostly ineffective Ryan Sessengnon.

I think Paratici did a reasonable job (not great) in the two months he was in post - though we won't really know for a year whether the signings were good.

The massive glaring fuck up was swapping Lamela, Bale and Vinicius for Bryan Gil and a returning Ryan Sessengnon.
Lamela and Vin out for those two is not a bad trade

I would have liked to have kept Bale

Back
Top Bottom