Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t know why I open this thread sometimes - it is the same people making up fanciful stories to sell an agenda that ENIC are bad for Spurs. Every clubs football supporters hate the club owners unless they bankroll the team (Chelsea and City) so it really is just a way of venting for football supporters everywhere.

Just to be clear because people forget this shit when foaming at the mouth, the stadium is owned by THFC. ENIC owns circa 85% of THFC. Revenue from a boxing match hosted by the stadium cannot be magically channeled into ENIC’s pockets. The revenue goes to THFC. If we sell the naming rights on the stadium owned by THFC the money goes to THFC.

We are living in a first world country. It is not possible to “channel money to ENIC“ from THFC except by dividends for the 85% of shares owned. If they did that then
1. THFC would also have to pay the other 15% of shareholders their dividends (They don’t); and
2. The income to ENIC is taxable income.

I don’t know why I bother though. People will build themselves back into a lather about bugger all in a page or two and go back to claiming ENIC are sucking THFC dry.
No-one has an issue with them channeling money out - as you say it simply doesn’t happen. The issues and discontent are beyond that and relate to a lack of ambition, leadership and god awful football decisions repeatedly made again and again.

Posts like yours ignore the point and cloud the issue

LEVY OUT

No-one has an issue with them channeling money out - as you say it simply doesn’t happen. The issues and discontent are beyond that and relate to a lack of ambition, leadership and god awful football decisions repeatedly made again and again.

Posts like yours ignore the point and cloud the issue

LEVY OUT
They are not taking money out

yet

The aim is to sell and maximise profit at that point , surely nobody doubts that

They own the club so they have every right to do the above , as fans we have every right to complain about
lack of success, turgid football , moronic decisions, and awful behaviour, such as Jol , Poch, Prices against Villa on stadium return and the Super League fiasco
Oh who can forget the humiliating manager search and cringe video, thank goodness for Prince Andrew being such a twat

Last edited:
Both poor decisions and a lack of investment have resulted in Spurs missing out on golden opportunities to win huge trophies, potentially once in a generation opportunities.

One example..
The year that Leicester won the league. And all of the top teams looked cagey.... ....golden opportunity to invest positively in January and bring a pochettino spurs with momentum to a title. December 31st, spurs in 4th and 4 points off top. No transfers or reinforcement.
Spurs finish 3rd and achieved their goal of accessing champions league revenue.

But in the absence of that final push, who knows what could have been. This was during a period of ascension for spurs as a club thanks to Poch. Now we've passed the peak of that ascension and we've been allowed to decline rapidly.

Years and years of building since the Martin Jol era for it all to fall apart withins 3 years, and nothing to show for it bar some enjoyable matches and occasions.

It's like building a house with 80% of your budget, then when you get to the roof deciding to leave it off as it's going to cost alot to add as a finishing touch........ And then it starts raining and you realise, oh...... Probably should have done that... We've got to rebuild the whole house again now as its flooded.
Our cunt maggot scum owners are not interested in winning trophies - only maximizing revenues.

The fact they have aloe actively deployed bots on here further proves how low life scummy their business model is

Not true at all. Brentford's owners are very popular, as are Leicester's, Villa's and a bunch of other clubs. Now some of these have invested and are ambitious, but not to extraordinary lengths, just to the extent that you know .. they have goals and want to see the club rise and thus become more profitable. Most football fans I know don't hate their owners to the extent ENIC are disliked, other than Woolwich or United fans for example. And that's for very good reasons.

Many other clubs have mostly indifferent owners. The ones that are hated are mostly hated for a reason. Ours are hated because they are overseeing a period of decline, and allowed our squad to rot under the best manager we'd had in ages. Zero investment during that period, no attempt to establish the team long term whilst other big clubs were weak and struggling. Pathetic.

Instead under them we gave our best manager in a long time scraps, and have overseen the season after season decline of our team. And they're utterly incompetent at running the club on any sort of a budget, as their mostly crap appointments display. We have owners who are neither shrewd nor ambitious, of course they get criticised.

So boring seeing people defend them still. Having a shiny stadium but being a bottom half team might make the penny drop, we're certainly teetering on the edge of that. Maybe another decade trophyless and another 80% failure rate when it comes to managerial appointments. Who knows.
I’ve said it before - rather we do a season in the Championship if it means getting rid to this leaching scum cunts - the current model is unsustainable and doomed to always fail

Bought Wimmer for £4.3m, he only started 13 premier league games over 2 seasons ... sold in 2017 to Stoke for £18m :pochshock2:

(and he left Stoke this summer on a free transfer after only 14 league starts for them)
That is a crazy one agreed. Was surprised when I saw the sold price it offsets half the loss made on Sissoko.

Ahhahahhhahhaha

Imagine claiming ENIC are actually good for Spurs
Agree but the polarised opposite view from some is equally moronic. They aren’t terrible by any means - it’s a beige middle ground of perpetual average. If they were investing my pension with this risk averse strategy I wouldn’t mind but they aren’t, the objective is getting us competing (not necessarily winning) for major trophies. After twenty years of this approach it’s time for them to FO

I’ve said it before - rather we do a season in the Championship if it means getting rid to this leaching scum cunts - the current model is unsustainable and doomed to always fail
Agree with this.

Also think it will be decent to have a run at something we can win as crazy as it sounds. Would be a fun ride! The late 70’s relegation (well promotion) sounded like a great season by all accounts

Not true at all. Brentford's owners are very popular, as are Leicester's, Villa's and a bunch of other clubs. Now some of these have invested and are ambitious, but not to extraordinary lengths, just to the extent that you know .. they have goals and want to see the club rise and thus become more profitable. Most football fans I know don't hate their owners to the extent ENIC are disliked, other than Woolwich or United fans for example. And that's for very good reasons.

Many other clubs have mostly indifferent owners. The ones that are hated are mostly hated for a reason. Ours are hated because they are overseeing a period of decline, and allowed our squad to rot under the best manager we'd had in ages. Zero investment during that period, no attempt to establish the team long term whilst other big clubs were weak and struggling. Pathetic.

Instead under them we gave our best manager in a long time scraps, and have overseen the season after season decline of our team. And they're utterly incompetent at running the club on any sort of a budget, as their mostly crap appointments display. We have owners who are neither shrewd nor ambitious, of course they get criticised.

So boring seeing people defend them still. Having a shiny stadium but being a bottom half team might make the penny drop, we're certainly teetering on the edge of that. Maybe another decade trophyless and another 80% failure rate when it comes to managerial appointments. Who knows.
:nunoout: Post of the Month for September

Sticky this shit - great poast

Both poor decisions and a lack of investment have resulted in Spurs missing out on golden opportunities to win huge trophies, potentially once in a generation opportunities.

One example..
The year that Leicester won the league. And all of the top teams looked cagey.... ....golden opportunity to invest positively in January and bring a pochettino spurs with momentum to a title. December 31st, spurs in 4th and 4 points off top. No transfers or reinforcement.
Spurs finish 3rd and achieved their goal of accessing champions league revenue.

But in the absence of that final push, who knows what could have been. This was during a period of ascension for spurs as a club thanks to Poch. Now we've passed the peak of that ascension and we've been allowed to decline rapidly.

Years and years of building since the Martin Jol era for it all to fall apart withins 3 years, and nothing to show for it bar some enjoyable matches and occasions.

It's like building a house with 80% of your budget, then when you get to the roof deciding to leave it off as it's going to cost alot to add as a finishing touch........ And then it starts raining and you realise, oh...... Probably should have done that... We've got to rebuild the whole house again now as its flooded.
Great post.

I can’t believe that a couple of you people want my team to be relegated. Hang your head in shame.

Ahhahahhhahhaha

Imagine claiming ENIC are actually good for Spurs
They have been a lot better than what went before. The Poch success years were under their leadership.

Look. I’m not saying every decision has been great. But I am saying the last 10 years of ups and downs are under their leadership.

Not true at all. Brentford's owners are very popular, as are Leicester's, Villa's and a bunch of other clubs.
I don’t accept my Club is on this level. We have the fan base, ground, history, standing, global recognition and god damn pluck to be competing in top 6 every year. Not lower mid table like these teams. I don’t accept the comparison. Sorry

I don’t accept my Club is on this level. We have the fan base, ground, history, standing, global recognition and god damn pluck to be competing in top 6 every year. Not lower mid table like these teams. I don’t accept the comparison. Sorry

I named Leicester who finished above us for the last couple of seasons and have a premier league title and fa cup recently. Which is infinitely more than we have ever achieved under ENIC. Our fans would sacrifice an arm for a league title.

And if we have all that, then I don't know how you think ENIC are doing a good job, because we've fallen out of the top 6, and last season barely scraped top 8.

And if you think Villa are 'lower midtable', watch this space. Their owners have ambition. They've risen sharply season after season and will soon overtake us if we continue at our current rate of decline. They won't care less if we have a better ground than them, nor will the likes of Wolves or Everton if they have owners committed to building squads of quality.

We have no god given right to any place in the table. We have to earn it the same way as any other club, and all the glitz and entitlement won't do that.

So why are you praising owners who have overseen just 1 league Cup in 21 years as being good for our club?
If any other club of comparible size and with a comparible fanbase had such a shameful record their owners would be universally despised and criticised.
Not lauded as some kind of super heroes as they are by some on here

It's why I was so confident Kane wouldn't be sold this summer.
I thought you were semi-trolling by being overly optimistic. But you were serious...and from what it looks like right on the money so to speak. Good luck to Levy if he can get it but we've been waiting a few years for this 25M naming rights deal. Have a feeling he'll be waiting a long time for 3.6B.

Back
Top Bottom