Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought you were semi-trolling by being overly optimistic. But you were serious...and from what it looks like right on the money so to speak. Good luck to Levy if he can get it but we've been waiting a few years for this 25M naming rights deal. Have a feeling he'll be waiting a long time for 3.6B.
Oh, I was rigidly serious. I felt all along that anyone thinking Levy would sell Kane this summer just hasn't been paying attention. On all of this shit, Levy just isn't interested unless the deal is absolutely lopsided in his favor.

And any remaining skepticism I had basically vanished after the one-two punch of Charlie Kane mouthing off to influencers at that wedding, and City was announced as our first fixture.

Levy is more interested in his own ego when it comes to sales, rather than doing what is right and sustainable for the club. This has been obvious for a long time.
I agree. But I also believe that Levy was 150% correct in rejecting City's derisory bid of 75m + bonuses.

I've said it before, but I think Levy would rather lose a player on a free than sell at a loss. It's bizarre and counter-productive; we seem helpless most of the time moving on players that haven't cut it.

Anyone who believes Levy reinvests in order to get a world class football team, need change their medication.

He does nothing, including selling existing players, unless it improves TFC financial status. He aims to be 2nd-4th. It keeps the UEFA money rolling in with the added bonus that we never seen as true winners. As the result, our salary bill is miles off from teams aspiring to win the League.

He Loves shopping for youngsters that could be developed and sold at a profit in the future. No Biggie if they don't make it, they also cost a fraction in wages.

We have a Shopping Mall for a stadium. It can be modified to host most events at the touch of a button. This has swallowed most of the Clubs profits.

We have become a Real Estate Company that sponsors a football team as our hobby.

Yeah I don’t think you can argue with that at all. It’s all about raising the value of the club. It can become too valuable though and then there’s no buyer. ENIC won’t bend on the price they want either. If nobody offers it then they’ll just sit on the club until they get the offer they want. It’s why they were desperate for the ESL, being in that with £200 million guaranteed a year for 23 years puts billions on the value of the club. Without that they’ll wait till we are a champions league club before they sell. Unfortunately for everyone we are miles off that and they won’t want to invest to get us there. They’ve fucked themselves (and us) basically!

I am a Spurs supporter. I love my club. This thread is full of toxic people.

By all means criticise ENIC. They have cetainly made mistakes like terminating Poch too soon. But we all make mistakes. This thread had people saying ENIC was milking the club for money and I pointed (and will point out every time) that companies, finance, banks, equity, etc doesn’t work like that.

If ENIC sells the club to a US NFL franchise ( like has happened for others) it will be the same people whining.

Spurs cannot compete over the long term with clubs who have higher revenue - chelsea, United and city - unless those clubs make a mess of things. The boxing match increases revenue - this is surely a good thing, no?

I don’t know why I open this thread sometimes - it is the same people making up fanciful stories to sell an agenda that ENIC are bad for Spurs. Every clubs football supporters hate the club owners unless they bankroll the team (Chelsea and City) so it really is just a way of venting for football supporters everywhere.

Just to be clear because people forget this shit when foaming at the mouth, the stadium is owned by THFC. ENIC owns circa 85% of THFC. Revenue from a boxing match hosted by the stadium cannot be magically channeled into ENIC’s pockets. The revenue goes to THFC. If we sell the naming rights on the stadium owned by THFC the money goes to THFC.

We are living in a first world country. It is not possible to “channel money to ENIC“ from THFC except by dividends for the 85% of shares owned. If they did that then
1. THFC would also have to pay the other 15% of shareholders their dividends (They don’t); and
2. The income to ENIC is taxable income.

I don’t know why I bother though. People will build themselves back into a lather about bugger all in a page or two and go back to claiming ENIC are sucking THFC dry.

I agree. I try and refuse to engage with those who can’t see it. When you tell them to check the accounts to see it they refuse.

ENIC want to increase the value of the club though, there’s no doubt about that. But as per my post above, it’s not a completely clear position for them now. Without some investment the value is only going down now and not up.

I agree. But I also believe that Levy was 150% correct in rejecting City's derisory bid of 75m + bonuses.

I've said it before, but I think Levy would rather lose a player on a free than sell at a loss. It's bizarre and counter-productive; we seem helpless most of the time moving on players that haven't cut it.

He was definitely right to reject that bid. But from reports that bid came early in the window, so it's whether that was merely an opener with a view to improving down the line, or all they were prepared to put up.

In fairness I do think City behaved very poorly with the Kane transfer, and it's not one I put all the blame on Levy for. They quite clearly believed Kane's enthusiasm to leave would put enough pressure on the club that we'd relent.

But can I also see Levy being put out and behaving childishly in negotiations? Yes. It's him all over. But like you say the main issue is our inability to move on deadwood efficiently, and a general failure to capitalise on sales at the right time.

That Swedish bit of worn out crumpet is a wind up or a screw loose . Sticking constantly up for those parasite cunts , some Arse of Chav loving our enternal failures.
Stick to cheesy Abba records , Volvo cars , suck on your meatballs and fuck off.

Last edited:
ENIC & Levy are not the same entity and perhaps we should have separate threads for each.
ENIC are an Investment company that own the majority of the shares. Investment companies were the owners that allowed the likes of Debenhams and other major Companies to go to the wall. They have never put money into the club and to their credit do not take money out of the club in the form of Dividends. Their Investment has increased in value partially due to the stadium build which they had to guarantee to the Lenders. They will contrary to many posters saying the opposite benefit from the Football club doing well and earning the club more earnings and prestige.
Levy is the CEO and responsible for the major decisions. Many good and many bad. His recent decision not to cash in on Kane was a good footballing decision but maybe not a good financial one. The more extra money in the form of this Boxing match that goes into the club will help him make similar decisions not to cash in on our best players. Levy has now removed himself from the frontline of Football decisions and the transfer activity indicated that has happened. As CEO of course he has the power to overrule Paratici but that does not appear to have happened with the appointment of Nuno. Again his reputation and the value of his shares in ENIC are affected by the standing of the football club.

The whole Manager debacle, the transfers made, the supporting staff, Jose being fired, all the crap that has happened over the last season to date, it all belongs to Levy.

I cannot believe so many fans are suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Our Team value has decreased, yet our assets have increased. Basic Maths. Team value + Assests value = TFC value. (The teams value has dropped, not much has been done to increase that). Assests value have increase and more gets poured into that (A museum is being built and plans for stadium enhancements have been approved). What is the core function of TFC?

Wake up all Levy fans and supporters. We are looking at the possibility of a bottom half finish, we have a gaffer who is out 10th choice, we have a team that is substandard, we have only scored 3 goals in the league and have leaked 6). We are no longer a Top half of the table football club. We are fighting Woolwich to see who will finish lower. If we end above them, we believe we've won the league.

His Lordship Daniel Levy believe TFC is worth 3.5 billion pounds when Real Madrid is only valued at 1.3 billion pounds.

Do you want to end the season and pat yourself on the back for being 1st on the table for Club value or 1st on EPL?

ENIC & Levy are not the same entity and perhaps we should have separate threads for each.
ENIC are an Investment company that own the majority of the shares. Investment companies were the owners that allowed the likes of Debenhams and other major Companies to go to the wall. They have never put money into the club and to their credit do not take money out of the club in the form of Dividends. Their Investment has increased in value partially due to the stadium build which they had to guarantee to the Lenders. They will contrary to many posters saying the opposite benefit from the Football club doing well and earning the club more earnings and prestige.
Levy is the CEO and responsible for the major decisions. Many good and many bad. His recent decision not to cash in on Kane was a good footballing decision but maybe not a good financial one. The more extra money in the form of this Boxing match that goes into the club will help him make similar decisions not to cash in on our best players. Levy has now removed himself from the frontline of Football decisions and the transfer activity indicated that has happened. As CEO of course he has the power to overrule Paratici but that does not appear to have happened with the appointment of Nuno. Again his reputation and the value of his shares in ENIC are affected by the standing of the football club.
Hhmm I dunno…

You can’t really say a CEO that works for a company, is essentially the face of a company and makes all the main decisions on behalf of a company is a separate entity…

Bwahahahahahaha

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Anyone who believes Levy reinvests in order to get a world class football team, need change their medication.

He does nothing, including selling existing players, unless it improves TFC financial status. He aims to be 2nd-4th. It keeps the UEFA money rolling in with the added bonus that we never seen as true winners. As the result, our salary bill is miles off from teams aspiring to win the League.

He Loves shopping for youngsters that could be developed and sold at a profit in the future. No Biggie if they don't make it, they also cost a fraction in wages.

We have a Shopping Mall for a stadium. It can be modified to host most events at the touch of a button. This has swallowed most of the Clubs profits.

We have become a Real Estate Company that sponsors a football team as our hobby.
ENIC sees tottenham how McDonald's owner.

McDonalds is a real estate company that sells burgers.

Tottenham is a real estate company that owns a football club.

I am a Spurs supporter. I love my club. This thread is full of toxic people.

By all means criticise ENIC. They have cetainly made mistakes like terminating Poch too soon. But we all make mistakes. This thread had people saying ENIC was milking the club for money and I pointed (and will point out every time) that companies, finance, banks, equity, etc doesn’t work like that.

If ENIC sells the club to a US NFL franchise ( like has happened for others) it will be the same people whining.

Spurs cannot compete over the long term with clubs who have higher revenue - chelsea, United and city - unless those clubs make a mess of things. The boxing match increases revenue - this is surely a good thing, no?
If that’s the case then what the fuck are we even trying ?

Why hold onto Kane? He clearly wants to win, and as you say we can’t win because of the above teams.
So why are we forcing a player to fail in his career by holding onto him against his wishes?

This ownership needs to do one…..

If that’s the case then what the fuck are we even trying ?

Why hold onto Kane? He clearly wants to win, and as you say we can’t win because of the above teams.
So why are we forcing a player to fail in his career by holding onto him against his wishes?

This ownership needs to do one…..
"To fail in his career" like he'd even have a career if it weren't for Spurs. "Against his wishes", like he didn't willingly sign a contract...Have I accidentally logged in to a meeting of the Harry Kane fanclub?

I don't even know whether to laugh, cry or both regarding this WOT.

Back
Top Bottom