Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah the fans were upset and aimed a lot of their angst towards Levy

But then ENIC hired Conte and then the fans shutup and everything went back to normal which kinda proves my point.

We're hearing noise now because we haven't bought anyone, watch how the energy changes when we get some players in.
When a new coach comes in of course the fans have a degree of hope or do you think they should be turning on the coach the instant he’s appointed?

A lot of people wanted Conte before but the idiot appointed Nuno ,after releasing a statement pointing out that they’d lost their way & needed a coach with our mentality of football. 70 days later we got Nuno which was clearly going to fail . Conte almost immediately made it clear that a lot of work was needed & quality brought in . It looks like we’re signing Traóre , go figure

They haven't invested. We've had some of the lowest levels of investment in the squad in the last decade. Not too 6. Literally EPL.

Just because revenues went crazy high and inflated transfers, doesn't mean they invested more money in the squad. They haven't. They're just operating with inflated everything. Revenues, player fees, wages, etc. In real dollars we're still near bottom for actual investment in the squad.

Probably first for investment in property though.

Explain the £206m net we've spent over the last 5 years?

7th highest net spend in that period I believe - not sure what bottom you're talking about?

Unless you mean owner investment from their own pockets - well in that case if people want ENIC out based on the fact that they want them to pony up money from their own pockets then that's not gonna happen.

When a new coach comes in of course the fans have a degree of hope or do you think they should be turning on the coach the instant he’s appointed?

A lot of people wanted Conte before but the idiot appointed Nuno ,after releasing a statement pointing out that they’d lost their way & needed a coach with our mentality of football. 70 days later we got Nuno which was clearly going to fail . Conte almost immediately made it clear that a lot of work was needed & quality brought in . It looks like we’re signing Traóre , go figure

Okay?

It was a shame that we couldn't get Conte in the summer because a pre season under him might have prepared the players better.
There is no doubt about his abilities the doubt is whether is demands/requirements can be matched by our incompetent owners which I doubt.

We’re in a constant cycle , go back to Redknapp & him hinting at how difficult it was to work with Levy.

Fans want progress & with every new manager , player you have hope of us progressing, then you get things like the 500 day self imposed transfer embargo. Many looked towards the manager when things go wrong but these days it’s clear that the constant cause for stagnation is Enic, unless you’re a fan of infrastructure. The patience is very short lived as the animosity is directed at Enic at its reign of 20 odd years , I don’t think many hold any bad feeling towards Conte himself

It was a shame that we couldn't get Conte in the summer because a pre season under him might have prepared the players better.
There is no doubt about his abilities the doubt is whether is demands/requirements can be matched by our incompetent owners which I doubt.
Our leaders trying to do stuff on the cheap

Levy thinks he is great deal maker (for me he is just a bully)
he saves a penny but how much has it saved to save that penny
have we got to the bottom of the stadium delay due to te cables being drilled though by a contractor ? was that penny saving by not having 1 company in overall change ?

yes the club have spent money on transfers, but we have got cheap players £8-15M we got expensive players £40-55M and very few of these players are any good for us
who's fault is that waste of money ?

We’re in a constant cycle , go back to Redknapp & him hinting at how difficult it was to work with Levy.

Fans want progress & with every new manager , player you have hope of us progressing, then you get things like the 500 day self imposed transfer embargo. Many looked towards the manager when things go wrong but these days it’s clear that the constant cause for stagnation is Enic, unless you’re a fan of infrastructure. The patience is very short lived as the animosity is directed at Enic at its reign of 20 odd years , I don’t think many hold any bad feeling towards Conte himself
think if at least Levy had told us the truth," we can't invest in the team at the moment as we need money for new stadium pre-work, its saying we can buy players if needed that got/gets my goat

think if at least Levy had told us the truth," we can't invest in the team at the moment as we need money for new stadium pre-work, its saying we can buy players if needed that got/gets my goat
No one forced him to say that the stadium would not affect our transfer budget

The other key issue is our hiring infrastructure is clearly very poor . We are constantly left with deadwood that we can’t shift

why are the hiring infrastructure staff still here ? has DoF started moving folks out ?
EPL is different to other leagues you need strong powerful players (that's not Big players, eden hazard was a stong powerful player but not big)
so why employ DoF who knows Latin football ?

why are the hiring infrastructure staff still here ? has DoF started moving folks out ?
EPL is different to other leagues you need strong powerful players (that's not Big players, eden hazard was a stong powerful player but not big)
so why employ DoF who knows Latin football ?
It’s very hard to name a dozen players who’ve come from Italy who have been a success in the Prem , or even when it was division 1 for that matter.

The lack of fans is a combination of factors. Expense, logistics & covid being three of them. However fans will deal with that if they think the team have a chance of winning or at least competing.

I knew we would lose the game yesterday before I even left the house and then when East Mid Yid East Mid Yid showed me the team it confirmed my expectations.

Under Pochettino I went to every match thinking we would win or have a chance of winning. I miss that.

The main upside though is that it doesn't take 20 mins to get a beer or a burger.

Absolutely no need for anyone to be an ST holder any more. I will probably go back to membership next season and cherry pick my games. Corporate tickets were on offer for £50 yesterday. Food, drink & legend. I will probably go that way, Do half the games and only spend the same amount of money.

I'm rambling.
We know what you mean ;)

Ticket pricing is fucked at our stadium. Champagne pricing and Liebfraumilch on offer.

Something has to give.
Good thing is for levy at the moment they sell season tickets and people don’t go. ENIC still have the cash in the bank.

But I’m about 100k on the ST waiting list wonder when I get offered one again.

In the past people will have said 10 years. My guess is 2-3.
The way things are going, you'll probably get an offer next season!

Explain the £206m net we've spent over the last 5 years?

7th highest net spend in that period I believe - not sure what bottom you're talking about?

Unless you mean owner investment from their own pockets - well in that case if people want ENIC out based on the fact that they want them to pony up money from their own pockets then that's not gonna happen.
Good. They can leave then. You too since you're pretty obviously a Levy bot like Airfixx.

Good. They can leave then. You too since you're pretty obviously a Levy bot like Airfixx.

Calling me a Levy bot, what a surprise 😂

But that tells me all I need to know, you're another one who is unable to engage in a debate which I've backed up with facts and yet you resort to this shit.

How about growing up, you're gonna have to realise that some people will have a difference of opinion to you, if you don't agree then agree to disagree but you resorting to that just shows you up..

Do better 👍

Whilst it's good someone is setting this up I find their timing pretty shit to kick it off. Conte has brought back a feel-good factor and the January window is open for ENIC to show their cards.

Had this been done during Nuno or after the transfer window with no investment then it would have generated a lot more interest.

Back
Top Bottom