Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a scumbag he really is..a thinly veiled comment about giving a shit and peoples wellbeing, we see right through you levy... hos proud is he of his profit margins, parasite of a man.

Fucking Levy...

Completely random, vague, and unsubstantiated news though, isn't it?

Could very well be Coutinho's agent reaching out to Poch and saying he wants to be back in the PL (like he's now doing with Chelsea), Levy picks up the phone and Barca says, "Why yes, we would love to rid ourselves of Phillipe, we'll rent him to you this season for €30M. What? No. No option to buy, but we'll let you rent him the season after for €30M again if you want."

They loaned him for €30M to Bayern this season and they're negotiating loaning him to Chelsea next season for €30M. Levy isn't a greedy cunt for turning that deal down, he's fucking sensible. Paying €60M to loan a player, any player, is fucking stupid.

Completely random, vague, and unsubstantiated news though, isn't it?

Could very well be Coutinho's agent reaching out to Poch and saying he wants to be back in the PL (like he's now doing with Chelsea), Levy picks up the phone and Barca says, "Why yes, we would love to rid ourselves of Phillipe, we'll rent him to you this season for €30M. What? No. No option to buy, but we'll let you rent him the season after for €30M again if you want."

They loaned him for €30M to Bayern this season and they're negotiating loaning him to Chelsea next season for €30M. Levy isn't a greedy cunt for turning that deal down, he's fucking sensible. Paying €60M to loan a player, any player, is fucking stupid.

No smoke without fire dude. How many times have we seen this Same scenario season after season where things have been agreed, only for it to break down due to Levy moving the goal posts ? It can’t all be lies can it ? We all know how the guy operates, so are you actually surprised if this were true ?

No smoke without fire dude. How many times have we seen this Same scenario season after season where things have been agreed, only for it to break down due to Levy moving the goal posts ? It can’t all be lies can it ? We all know how the guy operates, so are you actually surprised if this were true ?
They literally loaned him to Bayern for €30M and are trying to loan him again for €30M. There's no retrospective excuse making here - if anything, Levy turned down a clearly stupid fucking offer.

but its been said several times, no matter how hard he negotiates, once the deal is agreed he sticks to it...he doesnt move the goalposts

We are never buying another player over £30m are we??

Levy probably scouting football manager and YouTube as we speak for Potential bargain signings.

Who needs scouts anyway.
Or maybe our transfer funds will remain relatively stable from the past couple windows, because we didn't go and blow the CL revenue the moment the cheque cleared? Like the club has said, the financial plan has always refrained from relying on CL revenue that could always, as we're about to see, disappear.

Just like in life, it's the difference between people who never have to worry about their bills and those that live week to week. Spend within your means, and save your windfalls for a rainy day.

But I know, I know, NEW PLAYERS, THIS IS BOOOORING!

That's why its boring people in £30 trousers and a sensible used motor that end up millionaires.

Or maybe our transfer funds will remain relatively stable from the past couple windows, because we didn't go and blow the CL revenue the moment the cheque cleared? Like the club has said, the financial plan has always refrained from relying on CL revenue that could always, as we're about to see, disappear.

Just like in life, it's the difference between people who never have to worry about their bills and those that live week to week. Spend within your means, and save your windfalls for a rainy day.

That's why its boring people in £30 trousers and a sensible used motor that end up millionaires.

He literally said we will spend less being out of the CL.

And if you think Levy is driving a second hand car, living in a little terraced house and buying his trousers from the local market - well it says it all.

What a scumbag he really is..a thinly veiled comment about giving a shit and peoples wellbeing, we see right through you levy... hos proud is he of his profit margins, parasite of a man.
I agree with most of what you said but remember. His job is not to make a team but to milk it. And all fair and square he is pretty good at it.

That there were terms agreed to by Coutinho and Bruno and Levy balked at the prices and was trying to nickel and dime their team’s and missed out because of it
He wouldn't agree to pay €30M to rent a player, that's the end of the discussion. The facts are that was the going price to rent Coutinho for a year...trying to pass "missing out" on him because Levy is cheap is just absolutely false and contradicts, again, the known facts. It's like blaming Levy for not being too cheap to buy Neymar for £80M...its a fantasy, and actual public record shows that wasn't even a possibility.

Buying Coutinho for a reasonable sum was never on the table. Why can you not see that?

He wouldn't agree to pay €30M to rent a player, that's the end of the discussion. The facts are that was the going price to rent Coutinho for a year...trying to pass "missing out" on him because Levy is cheap is just absolutely false and contradicts, again, the known facts. It's like blaming Levy for not being too cheap to buy Neymar for £80M...its a fantasy, and actual public record shows that wasn't even a possibility.

Buying Coutinho for a reasonable sum was never on the table. Why can you not see that?
Are you ignoring the Bruno Fernandes part?

“The picture in the financial results looked rosier, with total revenues up to £460.7m from £380.7m and profits still robust at £68.6m, even if that was down from the previous year’s bonanza of £113m. Sponsorship and corporate hospitality was up to £120.3m from £93.4m, helped by the move into the new stadium for the final five Premier League games of the period.”

“The overall figures were boosted by the club’s run to the 2019 Champions League final, which earned them £108.4m. In 2018, when they reached the last 16 of the competition, they made £62.2m. José Mourinho is under no illusions as to the importance of Champions League qualification.

There was also the line which said “subsequent to the year end, a further £184m has been spent on player registrations.” This relates purely to the transfer fees of the club’s six new additions since 1 July, with some of the figures understood to be higher than previously reported.”

So looks like we spent a decent percentage of the CL money on new players. Which let’s admit was required?

Or are you saying we could of just carried on without buying any new players? As to buy players is somehow related to boredom.

Thing is unlike you I see new players as a total necessity for a football club - and I don’t actually mind us spending within our means. I have never said otherwise. My post actually related to that fact.

We will spend less this summer. Guaranteed.

“The picture in the financial results looked rosier, with total revenues up to £460.7m from £380.7m and profits still robust at £68.6m, even if that was down from the previous year’s bonanza of £113m. Sponsorship and corporate hospitality was up to £120.3m from £93.4m, helped by the move into the new stadium for the final five Premier League games of the period.”

“The overall figures were boosted by the club’s run to the 2019 Champions League final, which earned them £108.4m. In 2018, when they reached the last 16 of the competition, they made £62.2m. José Mourinho is under no illusions as to the importance of Champions League qualification.

There was also the line which said “subsequent to the year end, a further £184m has been spent on player registrations.” This relates purely to the transfer fees of the club’s six new additions since 1 July, with some of the figures understood to be higher than previously reported.”

So looks like we spent a decent percentage of the CL money on new players. Which let’s admit was required?

Or are you saying we could of just carried on without buying any new players? As to buy players is somehow related to boredom.

Thing is unlike you I see new players as a total necessity for a football club - and I don’t actually mind us spending within our means. I have never said otherwise. My post actually related to that fact.

We will spend less this summer. Guaranteed.
Certainly we will spend less without the CL, but our spending will probably be close to in line with the last couple of windows I imagine as we (unlike the gooners) aren't going to have a massive CL sized black hole in our budget. That was really my only point, that because we were smart when many stamped and hollered that we should blow all the CL money on players.

We've spent sensibly. Not paying €30M to rent a player was sensible. We'll probably spend sensibly going forward. We won't sign Coutinho, because doing so is not sensible with the way Barca are going about it.

Back
Top Bottom