Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you ignoring the Bruno Fernandes part?
What does Fernandes have to do with it? You literally posted inferring Levy was a cheap git that submarined our ability to sign Coutinho. I merely pointed out that was flawed logic, as Coutinhi was loaned out last season for a €30M fee and Barca is trying to loan him again for a €30M fee which is unreasonable and therefore even if Levy had any discussions with Barca over Coutinho, he was correct in not pursuing a deal. Your original post that birthed this discussion had nothing to do with Fernandes, you're just scrambling to make a point now.

What does Fernandes have to do with it? You literally posted inferring Levy was a cheap git that submarined our ability to sign Coutinho. I merely pointed out that was flawed logic, as Coutinhi was loaned out last season for a €30M fee and Barca is trying to loan him again for a €30M fee which is unreasonable and therefore even if Levy had any discussions with Barca over Coutinho, he was correct in not pursuing a deal. Your original post that birthed this discussion had nothing to do with Fernandes, you're just scrambling to make a point now.
Frenandes was part of the tweet! Maybe you should read the whole thing before you go off posting some bullshit. I wish to all that is holy I had a screen shot of it! It talked about missing out on Coutinho AND Bruno!

edit: it’s still up! Read the second fucking part of the tweet!

Frenandes was part of the tweet! Maybe you should read the whole thing before you go off posting some bullshit. I wish to all that is holy I had a screen shot of it! It talked about missing out on Coutinho AND Bruno!

edit: it’s still up! Read the second fucking part of the tweet!
Ok, apologies. Next time it may be helpful if you state in your comments "Regarding neither the headline paragraph of this tweet, nor the captioned photograph but the second paragraph vaguely stating this has occured in other situations: fucking Levy"

Ricky Sacks is full of shit anyway, I don't know why you waste energy following the moron.

“The picture in the financial results looked rosier, with total revenues up to £460.7m from £380.7m and profits still robust at £68.6m, even if that was down from the previous year’s bonanza of £113m. Sponsorship and corporate hospitality was up to £120.3m from £93.4m, helped by the move into the new stadium for the final five Premier League games of the period.”

“The overall figures were boosted by the club’s run to the 2019 Champions League final, which earned them £108.4m. In 2018, when they reached the last 16 of the competition, they made £62.2m. José Mourinho is under no illusions as to the importance of Champions League qualification.

There was also the line which said “subsequent to the year end, a further £184m has been spent on player registrations.” This relates purely to the transfer fees of the club’s six new additions since 1 July, with some of the figures understood to be higher than previously reported.”

So looks like we spent a decent percentage of the CL money on new players. Which let’s admit was required?

Or are you saying we could of just carried on without buying any new players? As to buy players is somehow related to boredom.

Thing is unlike you I see new players as a total necessity for a football club - and I don’t actually mind us spending within our means. I have never said otherwise. My post actually related to that fact.

We will spend less this summer. Guaranteed.

It doesn’t mean shit. Fans need to get their heads round the fact it doesn’t matter how much you spend but how you spend it. There’s literally hundreds of examples of that.

I couldn’t give a fuck if we spend less. Do we want another £60 million albatross round our necks? Or do we want a properly scouted and fully researched player for £6 million? With hindsight if we’d of been given the opportunity to do that last summer again I know which player I would buy.

It doesn’t mean shit. Fans need to get their heads round the fact it doesn’t matter how much you spend but how you spend it. There’s literally hundreds of examples of that.

I couldn’t give a fuck if we spend less. Do we want another £60 million albatross round our necks? Or do we want a properly scouted and fully researched player for £6 million? With hindsight if we’d of been given the opportunity to do that last summer again I know which player I would buy.

Well good for you.

No smoke without fire dude. How many times have we seen this Same scenario season after season where things have been agreed, only for it to break down due to Levy moving the goal posts ? It can’t all be lies can it ? We all know how the guy operates, so are you actually surprised if this were true ?
Apparently its never levy's fault. Either the other club, the player or his agent.

He literally said we will spend less being out of the CL.

And if you think Levy is driving a second hand car, living in a little terraced house and buying his trousers from the local market - well it says it all.
Levy in his sensible used motor & £30 trousers & his 5m bonus. Oh that doesn't quite fit in.

I agree, levy & his people messed up again last summer. Shock horror!

Is levy a scout or the manager then or just the chap who signs the cheques?
He chooses the manager & scouts so it ends with him overall. & our transfer policy & scouting has been lacking for many years. Unless for example we say picking mourinho has nothing to do with levy. So next time levy could pick vinny Jones as manager, when he inevitable messes up , we then say "nothing to do with levy, vinny picks the team".

He chooses the manager & scouts so it ends with him overall. & our transfer policy & scouting has been lacking for many years. Unless for example we say picking mourinho has nothing to do with levy. So next time levy could pick vinny Jones as manager, when he inevitable messes up , we then say "nothing to do with levy, vinny picks the team".
If you can’t see the vast, epic distance between allowing Mourinho to oversee transfer targets and allowing Vinnie Jones to do so, there really is no hope for you.

Strange thing is that some of your points about Levy are spot on, others are at least worth a debate, but stuff like this just makes you look stupid.

Ok, apologies. Next time it may be helpful if you state in your comments "Regarding neither the headline paragraph of this tweet, nor the captioned photograph but the second paragraph vaguely stating this has occured in other situations: fucking Levy"

Ricky Sacks is full of shit anyway, I don't know why you waste energy following the moron.
If we had paid the money Sporting wanted, Bruno Fernandes would be Spurs player now and we would be in a better place squad wise. If thats the case in this instance, then it's only logical to assume that potentially other deals have fallen through for the same reason.

Thats the point AlabamaSpur AlabamaSpur is trying to make, and it's a very valid one. I don't understand why you're getting your knickers in such a twist over it.

If we had paid the money Sporting wanted, Bruno Fernandes would be Spurs player now and we would be in a better place squad wise. If thats the case in this instance, then it's only logical to assume that potentially other deals have fallen through for the same reason.

Thats the point AlabamaSpur AlabamaSpur is trying to make, and it's a very valid one. I don't understand why you're getting your knickers in such a twist over it.
So what you're saying is that we should pay the selling club whatever they want for a player?

Norwich "we want £100m for Aaron"

Spurs "OK here you go"

Because there’s no basis to believe it’s not bullshit.

Because we don’t have a bottomless pit of money.

Because we have a number of attacking midfielders already.

Stuff like that.

The tweet wasn't about Fernandes, it was about Coutinho and used Fernandes as anecdotal evidence that Levy's penny-pinching has cost Spurs deals. But the tweet was very plainly about Coutinho, they even used his picture to reinforce the point. Coutinho was only ever available for loan and even then only at a ridiculously stupid rate.

Whether or not we signed Fernandes, additionally, is utterly unrelated to how shit we are. Even with bus parking Mourinho our defence can't stop leaking goals like a sieve. We're shite from the midfield back right now...the attacking midfielders and forwards aren't the problem. But that's where the solutions always are for you transfer fanboys.

The tweet wasn't about Fernandes, it was about Coutinho and used Fernandes as anecdotal evidence that Levy's penny-pinching has cost Spurs deals. But the tweet was very plainly about Coutinho, they even used his picture to reinforce the point. Coutinho was only ever available for loan and even then only at a ridiculously stupid rate.

Whether or not we signed Fernandes, additionally, is utterly unrelated to how shit we are. Even with bus parking Mourinho our defence can't stop leaking goals like a sieve. We're shite from the midfield back right now...the attacking midfielders and forwards aren't the problem. But that's where the solutions always are for you transfer fanboys.
It's utterly what?

Don't leave us hanging, you tease

Back
Top Bottom