Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty good post on the whole but the only thing that makes no sense is the statement that the stadium makes us more competitive. Only better results can do that, surely.
It should make us more competitive with our chairman bonuses. 5m? We want 10, we want 10!

Theoretically Levy should be in his element when the next transfer window. There will be lots of firesales going on at clubs desperate to cut their wage bills and make some money. Sure he will haggle like fuck like usual but there will be some deals for good players to be done.

Theoretically Levy should be in his element when the next transfer window. There will be lots of firesales going on at clubs desperate to cut their wage bills and make some money. Sure he will haggle like fuck like usual but there will be some deals for good players to be done.
Ready for Levy's statement

"We hope you and your loved ones are safe... but we still maintain that spending is overrated. There is no correlation between spending and success. In fact quite the opposite is true look at Leeds. The recent coronavirus pandemic showed us all how imperative behaving sensibly in the market is to the long health of this club.
We are also pleased to announce that season tickets prices will be frozen until the lockdown is finished. Then there will be a 12% increase (some of which will make up for the money lost due to the pandemic, most of which will go towards my budget). Suck on it proles."

I'm not expecting much to be honest best not to build any hopes up.

Wait....increased revenue from stadium? Due to Corona, they can't use the stadium at all. And, doesn't the debt service go on? This could be a real problem.

Well they have put the majority of the debt into long term bonds so should be in an ok position to ride it out.
But it may limit our spending power if the stadium can’t be used for other events and by the looks of things no football there for a number of months.

I’m not sure how committed THFC is to funding the ongoing regeneration projects either. Or if that’s a separate entity altogether? Guessing it’s separate.

Our accounts come out soon. Swiss Ramble will undoubtedly have a full insight into the current financial situation. A Lack of CL football will probably be the key going forward.

Sure there will be other clubs in more dire straights. And we have some very sellable assets if push comes to shove.

I think Amazon will be pretty pleased with the content - it's got to be more interesting than the City one
Fuck, they're probably preparing a bid for a second season at this point.
In all reality it was a climactic finish away from being the rare one of the sorts of things that go well, from a viewer interest perspective. First act, high expectations. Second act, disastrous results and Poch's sacking. Third act, Mourinho appointment and thrilling conclusion....didn't get that bit.

All non-playing staff, including directors are taking a 20% pay cut for the months of April and May.

Talks on going between the league, PFA and LMA about player salaries as well.

I find this is a really disappointing outcome. There are a lot of staff on average salaries that are going to suffer with a 20% cut, and I know that the balance will be redressed by use of the government's furlough scheme but I don't think a club or our stature and resources should have the need to put staff in this position. There are other companies that are really suffering and need their staff to make use of that scheme. I can't imagine we are one of those companies, given our revenue stream and more importantly, profits. I appreciate income is down but it’s not as though we are a poor club, financially.

The players and management as a collective need to respond to this and soon.

I find this is a really disappointing outcome. There are a lot of staff on average salaries that are going to suffer with a 20% cut, and I know that the balance will be redressed by use of the government's furlough scheme but I don't think a club or our stature and resources should have the need to put staff in this position. There are other companies that are really suffering and need their staff to make use of that scheme. I can't imagine we are one of those companies, given our revenue stream and more importantly, profits. I appreciate income is down but it’s not as though we are a poor club, financially.

Agreed.

The statement says that there are talks between the PFA and the League in regards to player salaries so probably some form of legal mumbo jumbo that needs to be sorted.

Mate, there is no income! It's gone!

He is applying pressure on the playing side of the club to also do their bit: "We hope the current discussions between the Premier League, PFA and LMA will result in players and coaches doing their bit for the football ecosystem".

I think it's a perfectly timed message, given all the bullshit about transfers is now heating up fuelled by people bored shitless sat in their bedrooms on lockdown.

Even ferguson kept breaking the British transfer record over and over again and was a bigger spender than other clubs. As if he was going to win all those league titles without his big money transfers.

He was also a brilliant manager

Mate, there is no income! It's gone!

He is applying pressure on the playing side of the club to also do their bit: "We hope the current discussions between the Premier League, PFA and LMA will result in players and coaches doing their bit for the football ecosystem".

I think it's a perfectly timed message, given all the bullshit about transfers is now heating up fuelled by people bored shitless sat in their bedrooms on lockdown.

You're right of course, there is no income - I used the wrong word, apologies but I can't imagine we are in a position where we have no residual 'cash' from the revenues brought in over the season. Personally, I think the message should have been first the salary cut from the players and coaches as and when that's agreed, and then the message re the non-playing staff to follow.

Making the minions normally working in the shops, around the ground etc. lose 20% of their wages whilst still paying the players even part of their megabucks is not a good look.

Back
Top Bottom