Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You forgot to mention a couple of bandwagon jumpers who said they only got involved because football was the most popular sport on earth and the biggest money spinner........

But include Black Lives Matter in your list of scapegoats?

Shameless

Shameless? Really? I'm not even going to engage in a conversation with you as you've proven time and time again that you're a weasly snidey fucker that drops bombs all over the place then disappears when you get shown up to be a liar or a prat.

I'll continue supporting Kick it out and any other body that wants to end racism of any kind to which i abhor. Not a set of political activists that are using the BLM front for their own anti capitalist means.

Not one brick JT

Home Alone Reaction GIF by Death Wish Coffee

True

But what can be argued is who is to blame for that. According to all reports money was available to spend and, according to Coutinhos agent, the deal was done but Poch didn't want him.
I remember reports saying Poch was “fuming” at the club failing to get him in. Rather than rejecting him.

It has to be said that there are some very poor players on that list that were signed for good money at the time.
Perhaps you have your answer as to why Poch became so 'picky'. With Levy deciding "what could be done" at the end we often got dross. Why keep filling up the ranks with dross? Poch spoke multiple times about this...he even had elaborate analogies for it. But a very good example is go for De Ligt but come home with Sanchez. Perhaps Sanchez was on the list of potential CBs but he wasn't #1 and now he's gonna be an anchor around our necks whereas De Ligt is doing hunky dory...false Levy economy. Multiple instances of this in that era and it will continue to go on.

Perhaps you have your answer as to why Poch became so 'picky'. With Levy deciding "what could be done" at the end we often got dross. Why keep filling up the ranks with dross? Poch spoke multiple times about this...he even had elaborate analogies for it. But a very good example is go for De Ligt but come home with Sanchez. Perhaps Sanchez was on the list of potential CBs but he wasn't #1 and now he's gonna be an anchor around our necks whereas De Ligt is doing hunky dory...false Levy economy. Multiple instances of this in that era and it will continue to go on.
As I understand it, de Ligt was never actually on the cards. Not that Levy would have stumped up anyway. Apparently he did go for De Jong, but again, we were easily shrugged off.

Levy will always cheap out. I imagine he simply looks at PSG cast offs or the ‘best of the rest’, to determine our targets.

He’s a market trader.

I remember reports saying Poch was “fuming” at the club failing to get him in. Rather than rejecting him.
On my phone so I can't put up the link, but here's my previous post on it.

Fantasy ? OK

The only person involved in that proposed transfer;

Philippe Coutinho’s agent Kia Joorabchian has vehemently denied that his client’s potential move to Tottenham last summer fell apart because of Spurs’ finances.

According to Joorabchian, however, the real reason behind discussions stalling was that Coutinho didn’t fit into Mauricio Pochettino’s plans.

“Philippe Coutinho has no personal issue with Daniel Levy and claims otherwise are totally false. The deal did not collapse due to financial reasons," said Joorabchian.

So it comes down to who believe;
The agent, who's missed out on a huge wedge of cash both for hiimself and his client.
Or
Poch's bestie.

The classic example was summer 2016. Poch wanted a pacy wing forward. We go for Mane, wage demands too high goes to Liverpool. With about 2 weeks of the window left we go for Zaha, Palace aren't happy as its late in the window so we are quoted £30m, we dither and decide thats too much. Poch is naturally unhappy, Levy has to deliver and offers him Sissoko on deadline day for the same price we decided was too much for Zaha. Poch agrees because its a body in the squad, Sissoko or no one. So we save nothing, we end up with an average player that doesn't really play in the position we wanted to fill. Not stretching the imagination too much to think if we'd have got Zaha we'd have won the league that season.

I cling to the faintest hope that ENIC when backed into a corner regarding the threat of their investment losing value and being unable to fill the stadium and pull in commercial deals will act as we’ve always wanted them to. I mean, £30M initial investment and our money over the years growing the value, need to protect the brand and the club.

The classic example was summer 2016. Poch wanted a pacy wing forward. We go for Mane, wage demands too high goes to Liverpool. With about 2 weeks of the window left we go for Zaha, Palace aren't happy as its late in the window so we are quoted £30m, we dither and decide thats too much. Poch is naturally unhappy, Levy has to deliver and offers him Sissoko on deadline day for the same price we decided was too much for Zaha. Poch agrees because its a body in the squad, Sissoko or no one. So we save nothing, we end up with an average player that doesn't really play in the position we wanted to fill. Not stretching the imagination too much to think if we'd have got Zaha we'd have won the league that season.
Excellent post. Sums up that shit show of a windrow perfectly.

Fuck that made me feel crap.

So why on earth would our Chairman be wasting his time like that ? Still stinks.
No idea
But why would an agent that's just missed out on a whole lot of money, both for himself and the player, lie?
If it was Levy that fucked him, he'd be call him out, or say nothing. (if he was hoping to deal with Levy on future deals)

No idea
But why would an agent that's just missed out on a whole lot of money, both for himself and the player, lie?
If it was Levy that fucked him, he'd be call him out, or say nothing. (if he was hoping to deal with Levy on future deals)
Yep. Weird one. Yet another example of no one coming out without egg on their chin.

Once again it seems like levy can't get on the same page as the manager. Doesn't seem like jose really wants bale or vinicius.
Jose usually goes for quality players like reggie but also ended up with cheap signings like Doherty & punts like rodon. The manager & levy look totally out of sync as per usual. Once again levy creating problems for us.
Once again it will be only the manager that pays for these problems.

This is a superb post and epitomizes what Poch was battling against throughout his tenure, and why his frustrations became more and more evident to all of us as the years went by. With the cork finally popping when he revealed he is not the manager, but just the coach.
That some on here refuse, even now, to acknowledge this so they can divert any criticism from the real culprit is downright absurd.
In fact it's starting to get downright creepy.

As I understand it, de Ligt was never actually on the cards. Not that Levy would have stumped up anyway. Apparently he did go for De Jong, but again, we were easily shrugged off.

Levy will always cheap out. I imagine he simply looks at PSG cast offs or the ‘best of the rest’, to determine our targets.

He’s a market trader.
Agree but why does he have a such a blind spot now with the championship? Maybe that’s Jose / Poch turning them down but it infuriates me we are missing out on decent championship players.
Look at the success Leicester have had? Low wages, simpler agents and easy to entice - we should sign the best two players in the championship every season.... Rodin aside

Back
Top Bottom