Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know what I need a rant....

I'm in no way an ENIC or Levy apologist, let us be completely clear on that.

However, I genuinely wish that the Spurs fans who constantly whine, moan and greet their eyes out over the ownership would just fuck off. You are worse than, more odious than they will ever be.

Fuck off and support City or Liverpool. Or PSG. Just get yourselves to fuck.

I don't know how long you've supported this club, but I would much rather be in the position we're in now than the day they took over. We were a mess of a club, going absolutely nowhere. Constant bottom half finishes. Dross manager after dross manager. Players like Gary Doherty, Moussa Saib and Chris Perry. We'd won two cups in nearly 2 decades before Enic. We've won one in their two decades, which isn't good enough of course, but hardly a stick to beat them with, given the two decades before.

They've built an amazing infrastructure. We've witnessed some great years with genuinely good teams. They've fell short at the final hurdle, how many times? That's not all on the board.

They have been tight with money at times, there's no doubt, but they've also backed managers more than some like to admit.

The Bale money, all back into the squad. Just a shame it was mostly wasted. Spent big on Tanguy and Gio lately. Same with Sanchez.

You're just a bunch of entitled wanks, who seem to have no idea where they have taken us as a club. They are far from perfect, but it could have been much worse.

Are they beyond criticism? - Are they hell, but the levels of abuse and the like are way beyond the reality.

So, once again, if you're not happy, go to fuck and start supporting Liverpool or something.

In summary:
“Amazing Infrastructure FC - and if you’re not happy, you can get out.”

That’s the Spurs way, eh?

Fuck that. That’s the least “Spurs” rant I’ve ever seen. You can get out, you thundercunt.

:dembelefingers:

Ahahah Levy loverboys back in full force. If Levy was as motivated to put this club in the elite as his loverboys, we’d be fighting for titles.
Loverboy fuck all.

Be a realist though, please tell me that we've not been 'fighting for titles' in the very recent past?

The fact we've fell short is not all on the owners, that's clear as day. Yes, of course a little more investment may have secured that elusive silverware but would it have been guaranteed?

Who knows, honestly. Spending way more than us hasn't worked for several other teams.

Probably the biggest fuck up they have made is sacking the one manager who looked like he had us competing and then replacing him with someone who is a complete cluster fuck of a man.

They've went some way to righting that by appointing Conte, but yes, they need to back him now, that's obvious.

no offence to that but we would the burnley in that comp no joke
Maybe, but it was the Poch years and the stadium that got us at the table. Not getting into the rights and wrongs of the ESL.

My main beef with Levy is the ticket prices I pay when judged against performance. Have thought for years that ticket prices should be set dependent on the previous seasons league position. My ST doesn't include cup games so it should be all about league position. Finish 7th, it's cheaper, finish top 4 it's higher, whatever way you wanna do it.

Outside of that my beef is with the way we spend money rather than the amount we spend, recent signings in recent years have been mostly average to poor. If our recruitment had been 30% better we'd be in the top 3 now.

Also his managerial record and the way he structures the football side has been all over the place. Throws out good models of working because he has the wrong people in place - just doesn't make any sense to change a structure and way of working because you employ people who don't do a good job. We MUST have a DOF who runs football operations, a good scouting team and analysis team and a top youth set up. It's the only sustainable way to run a football club.

The stadium is amazing (best I've been to and I've been to all the top grounds in Europe) and the training ground is also elite and they've helped raised the profile of the club.
Our league position finishes over a ten year period are also the best in our history bar the 60s. At a time when Chelsea and City have bought their way to the top table and United have managed to secure income unthought of 30 years ago (just as they took off and we went down the toilet) it's quite an achievement.
It'd obviously be nice to pick up a trophy or three along the way but the domestic cups just aren't what they were and top 4 is more important for sustained success these days.

Maybe they've taken us as far as they can and it's time to move on, just need someone to stump up the cash for us. I supported Spurs because it was in the family, have attended games since the early 80s and go home and away around Europe. It's a big social with friends and family, we all are Spurs mad and no one is going to stop me enjoying that. The only people who came close were the likes of Jason Cundy and Kevin Scott in Spurs shirts. Thankfully those days are a long way behind us.

Maybe, but it was the Poch years and the stadium that got us at the table. Not getting into the rights and wrongs of the ESL.

My main beef with Levy is the ticket prices I pay when judged against performance. Have thought for years that ticket prices should be set dependent on the previous seasons league position. My ST doesn't include cup games so it should be all about league position. Finish 7th, it's cheaper, finish top 4 it's higher, whatever way you wanna do it.

Outside of that my beef is with the way we spend money rather than the amount we spend, recent signings in recent years have been mostly average to poor. If our recruitment had been 30% better we'd be in the top 3 now.

Also his managerial record and the way he structures the football side has been all over the place. Throws out good models of working because he has the wrong people in place - just doesn't make any sense to change a structure and way of working because you employ people who don't do a good job. We MUST have a DOF who runs football operations, a good scouting team and analysis team and a top youth set up. It's the only sustainable way to run a football club.

The stadium is amazing (best I've been to and I've been to all the top grounds in Europe) and the training ground is also elite and they've helped raised the profile of the club.
Our league position finishes over a ten year period are also the best in our history bar the 60s. At a time when Chelsea and City have bought their way to the top table and United have managed to secure income unthought of 30 years ago (just as they took off and we went down the toilet) it's quite an achievement.
It'd obviously be nice to pick up a trophy or three along the way but the domestic cups just aren't what they were and top 4 is more important for sustained success these days.

Maybe they've taken us as far as they can and it's time to move on, just need someone to stump up the cash for us. I supported Spurs because it was in the family, have attended games since the early 80s and go home and away around Europe. It's a big social with friends and family, we all are Spurs mad and no one is going to stop me enjoying that. The only people who came close were the likes of Jason Cundy and Kevin Scott in Spurs shirts. Thankfully those days are a long way behind us.
You've probably put that better than I did, but ultimately we're saying the same things.

There is genuine frustration at not turning those good years into something tangible. Even an FA Cup or a couple of League Cups during the Poch era would have put on a really nice shine on what was a very good two or three years. It wasn't to be and that will always be a source of annoyance.

Ultimately though, we're miles off where we were, thankfully, when they took over.

We've been spoiled - in some ways - by decent league positions and it does make you want more. I don't think at least a couple of more trophies is an unreasonable ask, and maybe if they spend wiser in backing Conte, that will come.

They've now got as good as a manager as can ever be hoped. Give him the right tools and there's no excuses. To not do so, would be criminal and then THAT will definitely be their doing.

You've probably put that better than I did, but ultimately we're saying the same things.

There is genuine frustration at not turning those good years into something tangible. Even an FA Cup or a couple of League Cups during the Poch era would have put on a really nice shine on what was a very good two or three years. It wasn't to be and that will always be a source of annoyance.

Ultimately though, we're miles off where we were, thankfully, when they took over.

We've been spoiled - in some ways - by decent league positions and it does make you want more. I don't think at least a couple of more trophies is an unreasonable ask, and maybe if they spend wiser in backing Conte, that will come.

They've now got as good as a manager as can ever be hoped. Give him the right tools and there's no excuses. To not do so, would be criminal and then THAT will definitely be there doing.
Yep, Conte is pretty much shit or bust for Levy.

What a wonderfully balanced and sensible post on a thread so normally full of extremes - thanks for posting. :)

100% this. Prices have gone crazy recently. But some seem happy to pay them so Levy sees a chance to make a little more.
Unfortunately only way they come down is if we are rubbish and the Johnny come lately fans stop going.

You're comprehension is so very poor.

Animated GIF

Doth tell.
I usually can't be bothered to respond to rubbish like this in detail but I'll make an exception this time

"Don't like the owners or an aspect of how a club is run ? go and support Man city , Chelsea Etc " is one of the most juvenile and intellectually barren arguments you can make and it makes me laugh whenever I see it .

I'll always love this football club and the owners are not the football club , merely the custodians at this point in time. I am perfectly entitled to voice my displeasure If I feel they are not doing right by the fans and by the club.

So I will not be fucking off to support Chelsea , sorry.

I also love the idea that because we were a mess 25 years ago it makes it fine that we've been a walking disaster zone for the last few years , countless examples of money pissed up against a wall (When we've actually been bothered to spend) , dreadful managerial decisions and more examples of managers failing to be backed than I've had hot dinners.

Ah good ol Infrastructure ! Normal fans do not give a shit about infrastructure , they care about one thing and one thing only, performances on the pitch. We charge some of the highest ticket prices in world football , being able to stare at a wonderful stadium does not compensate for watching a failed , patched up and mismanaged team on the pitch , it's not difficult to understand surely.

I won't say Enic haven't done some good in their time , that wouldn't be true. But it's clear where their priorities lie and it ain't on the green stuff.

As a fan that's all I really care about , sod golf courses , property portfolios and NFL.

No matter how much some people want to do us down and keep peddling the "Poor plucky little tottenham" agenda , we are a big club , a proud club , a club that has always prided itself on competing for and winning silverware

One league cup in 21 years is quite frankly pitiful.

You were mentioning how much of a mess we were in the 90s , newsflash we won two trophies in that 1 decade , we've one a single trophy in 2 and bit under this lot

But hey , world class facilities .

I usually can't be bothered to respond to rubbish like this in detail but I'll make an exception this time

"Don't like the owners or an aspect of how a club is run ? go and support Man city , Chelsea Etc " is one of the most juvenile and intellectually barron arguments you can make and it makes me laugh whenever I see it .

I'll always love this football club and the owners are not the football club , merely the custodians at this point in time. I am perfectly entitled to voice my displeasure If I feel they are not doing right by the fans and by the club.

So I will not be fucking off to support Chelsea , sorry.

I also love the idea that because we were a mess 25 years ago it makes it fine that we've been a walking disaster zone for the last few years , countless examples of money pissed up against a wall (When we've actually been bothered to spend) , dreadful managerial decisions and more examples of managers failing to be backed than I've had hot dinners.

Ah good ol Infrastructure ! Normal fans do not give a shit about infrastructure , they care about one thing and one thing only, performances on the pitch. We charge some of the highest ticket prices in world football , being able to stare at a wonderful stadium does not compensate for watching a failed , patched up and mismanaged team on the pitch , it's not difficult to understand surely.

I won't say Enic haven't done some good in their time , that wouldn't be true. But it's clear where their priorities lie and it ain't on the green stuff.

As a fan that's all I really care about , sod golf courses , property portfolios and NFL.

No matter how much some people want to do us down and keep peddling the "Poor plucky little tottenham" agenda , we are a big club , a proud club , a club that has always prided itself on competing for and winning silverware

One league cup in 21 years is quite frankly pitiful.

You were mentioning how much of a mess we were in the 90s , newsflash we won two trophies in that 1 decade , we've one a single trophy in 2 and bit under this lot

But hey , world class facilities .
No, come on.

You make some good points.

For what it is worth, I don't particularly like them either but the whole campaign to get them out, whinging everywhere etc is tiresome.

I would obviously much prefer to have a team winning on the pitch but I appreciate that they've also done a power of good along the way in amongst their many fuck ups.

We could have it much worse, and we should be careful what we wish for.

If everything is still the same in say 18 months, or when Conte is gone then I'll happily say get them to fuck. This is their chance now, their last one to get it right.

Loverboy fuck all.

Be a realist though, please tell me that we've not been 'fighting for titles' in the very recent past?

We've not been fighting for titles in the very recent past

The fact we've fell short is not all on the owners, that's clear as day. Yes, of course a little more investment may have secured that elusive silverware but would it have been guaranteed?

Its not on the owners that we didn't sign anyone for 500+ days? That when top level talent was available we refused to pay the money to get them, that we refuse to pay fair value for players and only go in when there is a deal to be done?

English National investment Company

An investment company is a corporation or trust engaged in the business of investing the pooled capital of investors in financial securities.
Securities like property over the actual thing that makes THFC exists

Who else do they do this for or are they just using our name to create a portfolio?

We've not been fighting for titles in the very recent past

Its not on the owners that we didn't sign anyone for 500+ days? That when top level talent was available we refused to pay the money to get them, that we refuse to pay fair value for players and only go in when there is a deal to be done?
I suggest a cup final just last season would say otherwise. Another in 2019. League challenge in 2017 etc.

We're not going for silver every single year like some but to say we've not challenged is a bit of a lie.

Back
Top Bottom