Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Course they will. But you still have to pay an extra £500m back
ENIC would have just stretched the smaller amount over the same time period to pay off & still pleaded poverty.

We’d have probably bought Canary Wharf if we had £500m floating around .

We do have ££ but I think it’s our approach to how we do deals is toxic & annoys the fuck out of other chairmen , be that buying or selling.

You think half the size covers half the cost? - What a total numpty, the profit always comes from the last 20% (that's just basic business) lose 20% of the seats lose nearly all the profit. There is a good business reason all big clubs keep adding 2,000 here and 1,000 there, it's nearly all profit.

By all means speculate on players, managers, owners that's just opinions, but basic finance is just good business, it's about facts not fiction.

So any Europa conference games under 50k capacity and the games like the forthcoming Brighton FA cup game we will make a loss then?
Especially seeing there is heavily reduced ticket pricing for these games.

Is that what you are saying?

Another way to look at it - in the long term concentrating less on the variables of football and more on events that will 100% sell out would make better financial sense?

I think what he was saying was we didnt need so many bells and whistles. It is a fair comment. We will spend a billion on a stadium but not £25m on a 1st choice right back.

Judging from your posts Id say you are the real numpty.
I'm not sure where he gets his 20% from? If that was the case making money would be easy and it would be as simple as saying what ever your outlay or what you do your roi is 20%, if it's that easy sign me up!!!!!

The fact levy constantly changed design and finishes post detailed design is the reason we/he wildly overspent. The fact the little creep borrows from banks rather than invests his own is the reason he is fkin us all over. Our asset value increases ie the stadium, and as such so does the value of his shares, but our debt increases and is a fn albatross round our necks for 30 years while the bald twat trys to sells up and fks off leaving us with a 2nd rate squad and debt burden only bettered by fn barca! Utter little c*nt! Problem for him is that nobody is stupid enough to buy us with that debt and these players - so we are stuck with him 4 ever.................. Get used to mediocrity all over again! Patrici is a very well paid distraction as is conte to be honest.

Spurs legend, former manager, and fan, Glen Hoddle

FKNDzfyXsAU1WUi

A sentiment pretty much repeated by every manager hired and fired by Daniel Levy.

Why do some fans so vehemently support these frauds
Maybe they really do see him as some sort of father figure for some strange reason

Maybe they really do see him as some sort of father figure for some strange reason
Some folk thought I was being facetious when I made that comment. I wasn't, it really is a possible explanation for their blind faith in the man.

Here's the thing. For years they said it was only fair to judge ENIC and Levy after the stadium was complete as we would then be competing with the Elite both for players and for trophies.

So why, 3 years on, are the more fanatical, hard core Levy supporters still clinging on. Digging themselves in deeper and deeper and deeper?

We even have a new breed of members on here who seem to have signed up with the sole purpose of defending ENIC

It's absolutely bizarre.

Some folk thought I was being facetious when I made that comment. I wasn't, it really is a possible explanation for their blind faith in the man.

Here's the thing. For years they said it was only fair to judge ENIC and Levy after the stadium was complete as we would then be competing with the Elite both for players and for trophies.

So why, 3 years on, are the more fanatical, hard core Levy supporters still clinging on. Digging themselves in deeper and deeper and deeper?

We even have a new breed of members on here who seem to have signed up with the sole purpose of defending ENIC

It's absolutely bizarre.
Yes I love that one competing for the elite except that we resigned once again to a trolley dash on the last day of the window.
Surely now it's glaringly obvious that if ENIC are successful in football terms it will be by accident and not some strategic planning unless real estate is involved.

Would anyone else trade the one billion pound stadium for a 500 million pound stadium so we could actually afford to put some decent players in it?

Just me?

:pochwtf:
The problem being you can't get a mortgage/property secured loan to spend on footballers, which is how we've paid for the stadium. You have to get owner or third party cash injections and ENIC aren't interested in or able to make those happen.

The problem being you can't get a mortgage/property secured loan to spend on footballers, which is how we've paid for the stadium. You have to get owner or third party cash injections and ENIC aren't interested in or able to make those happen.

Not exactly what I mean. For example spurs pay about 40 mill a year in mortgage repayments for the 1 bill loan.

We are typically about 10 to 20 million apart in valuation when signing our preferred choice player every summer.

So if we had a stadium with same number of seats (same revenue) then maybe that extra 20 mill saved a year on loan repayments could be dedicated to a transfer worth making!

Wishful tongue in cheek thinking.

Not exactly what I mean. For example spurs pay about 40 mill a year in mortgage repayments for the 1 bill loan.

We are typically about 10 to 20 million apart in valuation when signing our preferred choice player every summer.

So if we had a stadium with same number of seats (same revenue) then maybe that extra 20 mill saved a year on loan repayments could be dedicated to a transfer worth making!

Wishful tongue in cheek thinking.
Fair enough. I do agree it would be interesting to see the net financial impact of a cheaper stadium with lower debts. Does the ability to host the odd NFL game and bigger concert really financially justify the extra £200m (?) on a retractable pitch, fancy floodlighting and highly polished concourse floors? Maybe, I don't know.
Ultimately it was all about maximising the value of the asset for future resale.

Looks like those of us that refuse to spend another penny until enic are gone after esl debacle made the right call. Its somehow managed to get significantly worse from that moment. Embarrassing.

Again I'd like to see someone from the board defend the players like Harry Kane getting smeared by pundits like Jamie Carragher who claimed Harry gets preferential treatment coz he is the England captain.

One thing I notice; the English FA is the only FA that does not support it's national team. In every other country they are furvently patriotic and if you watch the games say in Spain, the Spanish players get this preferential treatment and it's true in every other country.

So despite all the disallowed goals, fouls on Kane, non penalties awarded, somehow Kane gets preferred treatment coz one match against Carragher's Liverpool he wasn't sent off very early in that match?!

But worse is that this club allowed the Sky pundit to smear Harry Kane and since he's been elbowed in the cheek with no VAR and had good goals chalked off again with no VAR.

I think Daniel Levy wants to be friends with hostile forces in the FA. He needs to wake up and see, they will NEVER be Tottenham's friend and instead call them out for what they are.

Sticking up for Tottenham works better than cowering to the corrupt cheats in the FA and EPL.

While we're all getting EVEN MORE pissed off, disillusioned, angry, upset, sad, annoyed, despondent, aggrieved, distressed, etc, etc, etc.
This cunt is laughing at us, the fans.

levy-daniel.gif

We were here before him, hopefully there is something of the club left after him.

Wow. What a great post. Truly inspiring, given the author
LOVE that last line

standing ovation oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

Take a bow son. Take a bow

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom