Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He said first time ever considering it. There’s a pattern to this*.

The first year you think it you don’t do it. You give it another year.

3-5 years later depending on the person bye bye ST.

It’s a psychological thing.
It’s how football works and it’s why we all keep going back.

Have you ever considered giving up your ST? Sounds like maybe you have?

*Unless it becomes purely financial. Then yeah you give up as you can’t afford it.
For me it's the manner of how it is at the moment. Theres no plan, the owners have no idea which way to go with the managers. Got lucky with Pochettino, sacked him for a useless boring dinosaur, sacked him before a final, eventually hired Mourinho light all the while wasting money on players to fit each managers system and then getting Conte and realising we havent got a decent wing back at the club. Never really backing the manager, getting in cheap crap and charging the earth for tickets. It's no wonder Kane wanted out

Are things really as bad as some say? To me this thread is a perfect example of confirmation bias, there are some people so vehemently anti Levy it seems to obsess their every thought about Spurs.

At the old ground we got 36,000, most games towards the end were sold out but I’ve been there with 25-30000. Against Wolves there were 54000, that’s a 50% increase on the old ground.

Look, Enic are far from perfect and have made some howlers but regardless of what anybody says on a forum or at matches unless someone makes an acceptable offer they won’t sell. We all know that if Conte isn’t supported by what he feels is acceptable in the summer it’s fair to assume he’ll be off, we know that, Levy knows that.

Some of the hysteria on here is a bit embarrassing tbh

There are already stories out there about how Paratici is prioritising free transfers and cheap young talents for the summer.

The pantomime of Levy “bidding” for quality players just isn’t going to cut it anymore. I’m not demanding we buy world class megastars, they don’t have to be big names. But the reality of the market now is that todays equivalent of Wanyama or Trippier, say Bissouma and Lamptey, now cost £30m+. It’s no longer possible to buy PL proven players on the cheap but Levy refuses to yield and instead trusts in foreign-based players that dodgy agents and our shoddy scouts recommend to him. The type of fees he was spending on proven PL players like Wanyama and Toby are now being spent on players like Jack Clarke and Joe Rodon from the Championship who have made less than zero impact.

When was the last time we bought a player who had shown real quality in the PL? Wanyama came over 5 years ago. Our scouting clearly isn’t good enough to source quality players from abroad yet Levy is no longer willing to buy good PL players so we end up where we are. We are no longer able to identify talent from other leagues yet we refuse to spend on PL proven players. So no surprise most of our signings turn out shit. Based on Paratici’s moves so far, he has no idea what he’s doing either. Gil is a perfect example of how we waste our money.

The strategy we are employing can only take us downwards. The transfer strategy should be a blend of proven quality and potential, not just random punts. We are signing too many players that we are having to hope will be good enough for the PL and most of them aren’t. Most players in general aren’t. Levy still doesn’t get this.

People can’t stay away

45-50k will be the lowest that we consistently hit and tbh I don’t think the club will be that arsed

They have lots of other ways of making money , the football team is an inconvenience
Come the summer many fans might not have the disposable income to pay the exorbitant ticket prices we charge - energy prices fuel national insurance interest rates all rising and inflation forecast to hit 7% might not be much miney floating around and with saturation tv coverage will be Interesting to see how attendances hold up especially if we are still shite.
The only reason I might renew next season is because I now have enough loyalty points to get pretty much every away game (and they are still fun) come the 1st March I might not even want to do away games!!

I was on the verge of jacking in my ST after last season. But the fact that my Brother in Law got one this year and 2022 is the 50th anniversary of my first game made me cave in and renew.

My BIL has realised that you no longer need an ST to do whatever games you want to attend and you can move about the stadium rather than be stuck in one place. So in all liklihood he will go back to being a member.

I've done my 50, been home and away, over land and sea, Div 2, Div 1 and Premier League, Inter-toto, Europa Conference League, Europa League and Champions League, and it is time for the younger bods to pick up the baton.

I will still go but will cherry pick my 1O or so games I bother to attend.

Are things really as bad as some say? To me this thread is a perfect example of confirmation bias, there are some people so vehemently anti Levy it seems to obsess their every thought about Spurs.

At the old ground we got 36,000, most games towards the end were sold out but I’ve been there with 25-30000. Against Wolves there were 54000, that’s a 50% increase on the old ground.

Look, Enic are far from perfect and have made some howlers but regardless of what anybody says on a forum or at matches unless someone makes an acceptable offer they won’t sell. We all know that if Conte isn’t supported by what he feels is acceptable in the summer it’s fair to assume he’ll be off, we know that, Levy knows that.

Some of the hysteria on here is a bit embarrassing tbh

So it's "hysteria" to state 21 years of facts.

While it's appearently sensible to believe that THIS summer, this 21th summer of ENIC, that'll be the time when they magically stop being investment bankers and start being football professionals.

I'll renew this year, as long as Conte hasn't already walked or downed tools to get an early sack.

When it all goes wrong this summer and we get Ally Gold sighing about how close we were etc, that'll be the straw that breaks my back

£1,200 a year and a 6 hour day is too much for this shit.

It feels as though Levy saw 50,000 people on the season ticket waiting list and expected we would sell out no matter what. If some of us get fed up, there's thousands of new mugs to fleece or a few years.
He's underestimated how many of them were on the list for early access to ad-hoc tickets.

There are already stories out there about how Paratici is prioritising free transfers and cheap young talents for the summer.

The pantomime of Levy “bidding” for quality players just isn’t going to cut it anymore. I’m not demanding we buy world class megastars, they don’t have to be big names. But the reality of the market now is that todays equivalent of Wanyama or Trippier, say Bissouma and Lamptey, now cost £30m+. It’s no longer possible to buy PL proven players on the cheap but Levy refuses to yield and instead trusts in foreign-based players that dodgy agents and our shoddy scouts recommend to him. The type of fees he was spending on proven PL players like Wanyama and Toby are now being spent on players like Jack Clarke and Joe Rodon from the Championship who have made less than zero impact.

When was the last time we bought a player who had shown real quality in the PL? Wanyama came over 5 years ago. Our scouting clearly isn’t good enough to source quality players from abroad yet Levy is no longer willing to buy good PL players so we end up where we are. We are no longer able to identify talent from other leagues yet we refuse to spend on PL proven players. So no surprise most of our signings turn out shit. Based on Paratici’s moves so far, he has no idea what he’s doing either. Gil is a perfect example of how we waste our money.

The strategy we are employing can only take us downwards. The transfer strategy should be a blend of proven quality and potential, not just random punts. We are signing too many players that we are having to hope will be good enough for the PL and most of them aren’t. Most players in general aren’t. Levy still doesn’t get this.
Bang on about Paratici. I agree and have concerns he’s the wrong fit for the recruitment balance we are trying to achieve. Gill is clearly a potential player for the future, the transfer punts Levy and Co. Love.

We need to get a balance of buying the best young talent from the English leagues and buying quality to come in and improve the team immediately. We’ve done neither of late and the blame is with Hitchen and his Lique Un terrible turkey purchases. I just hope the reshuffle of scouting behind the scenes fixes this but I won’t be surprised if nothing changes.

The STs given up the end of this season won't be taken up easily IMO.

As said before they went deep at the beginning of this season to sell (somewhere around the 70k mark) the STs they had 'spare', so while they will sell some to others on the list that didn't get one last year, I imagine that would be a lot less and certainly not enough to cover the gap.

Pricing has to be reviewed, even if it's going to be a freeze.

The STs given up the end of this season won't be taken up easily IMO.

As said before they went deep at the beginning of this season to sell (somewhere around the 70k mark) the STs they had 'spare', so while they will sell some to others on the list that didn't get one last year, I imagine that would be a lot less and certainly not enough to cover the gap.

Pricing has to be reviewed, even if it's going to be a freeze.

No they won’t be taken up easily, I am a member but not interested in a season ticket for various reasons, I was right at the bottom of the list and was offered one for this season. Beyond me I cannot imagine there being many to pick up the slack.

Gone to a few games this season but got mates offering their season ticket games around like nobodies business which never used to happen. Something is very wrong and if a load of season ticket fans give up I don’t see who covers. Levy will be in for a bit of a shock I feel next season.

I thought I got a season ticket because fans were being idiots about Wembley. I genuinely always thought they were too stupid to take up the (cheap) ticket being offered for Wembley because they didn't like it not realising it was probably their only chance to get one at the new stadium.

I was 55k or so on the waiting list at that point and got one then. £750 happy days.
I don't actually think, in hindsight, it was Wembley. I just think a lot of fans (the majority) were paying a little extra for the early on sale date.

Back
Top Bottom