Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The reason the smart people around here are amazed at your posts is because you sound like a bunch of entitled cry babies.
One Carling Cup in a quarter of a century. 0 trophies in a decade and a half.

Spurs Fans. Entitled Cry Babies

wL0AmL.gif

Your post suggested that many people on here are happy when we lose just so they can dig the knife into Levy etc....

In my opinion that's arrogant, patronising bollocks. So I, for one, disagreed.

If anything, the people showing their anger and frustration after a poor result are probably feeling the pain more than those who simply shrug it off while simultaneously rushing over to this thread to defend who many of us see as the underlying cause of our footall teams shortcomings.

Maybe stop crying over a few x's and accept some fans see things differently to you, yeah 👍
I honestly don't care if people give an X. But there are absolutely people on this forum that would clearly rather see us struggle so they can tout how "right" they are about how Levy is ruining the club, than actually see us succeed.

There's certainly posters happy we lost the CL final so they can continue to drone on about the trophy drought. And there are certainly posters who work harder at making excuses why we got lucky when we win rather than finding reasons why we were unfortunate when we lose.

If you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend different, that's fine.

People who cherry pick evidence or who pretend a piece of the puzzle is the whole damn thing… people whose assumption is « the only way to judge a football club’s progress is trophies »…. those are the stupid people.

I don’t mind. Statistically, half of people on this forum are below average intelligence. I’m just explaining why y’all are tedious
Yup , these people who aren’t happy with ENIC , cherry pitch nonsense like lack of success & no consistency due to a disjointed , fractured squad , a seeming lack for plan or direction in hiring players or managers & fail to mention the positives of our bottom filling pints or that we own a cinema , which we all know is the main reason for having a football team.

Last edited:
Everyone clicking disagree with this post, despite my not even alluding to any names, must feel targeted.

I wonder why.

:sonhmm:
Let me guess....is it the same lot who couldn't bring themselves to like or agree with this post ?

I'm of the opinion that when things are going okay, I don't have a problem with ENIC and when things are going south, then I want someone else to take over.
Like most things in life, the true situation is somewhere in the middle.
ENIC have spent money in the last few years, but not particularly wisely, and we may have lost out on some over petty haggling, and that's my issue with them.
Buying players is nearly always a risk, no guarantees that it will be successful, and we have had our fingers burnt in the past, so I sort of get why Levy can be reluctant to splash the cash.
Our lack of trophies hurts, especially when we had a team that should have landed at least two cups during the Poch era, it's a scandal that they didn't pick up something. You can't blame ENIC for the team's failure at that time - the responsibility has to be with the players and coaching staff for not getting some silverware. The football at the time was a joy to watch and we had excellent players all across the park, but success is measured by titles these days, no-one remembers nearly men.
Anyway, there is an element of be careful what you wish for - we could have owners who are a lot worse than ENIC. How many multi billionaires are out there that are squeaky clean, that would be any better? Just asking for a friend! (Not really)

Because saying " large segment its like hating/criticizing Levy is more important than supporting Tottenham Hotspur" is complete utter BLX.
No more bollocks than saying that people are "Levy fans", "Enic lovers" etc etc.

Yet I don't see the outrage over those posts.

Your post suggested that many people on here are happy when we lose just so they can dig the knife into Levy etc....

In my opinion that's arrogant, patronising bollocks. So I, for one, disagreed.

If anything, the people showing their anger and frustration after a poor result are probably feeling the pain more than those who simply shrug it off while simultaneously rushing over to this thread to defend who many of us see as the underlying cause of our footall teams shortcomings.

Maybe stop crying over a few x's and accept some fans see things differently to you, yeah 👍

Nice to see you back, you haven't posted in a while. I wonder why.
:kanehand:

Nice to see you take this "opportunity" to once more slag off levy and co.

Of course nowhere do I say to praise Levy but twisters have to twist

Your last 100 posts ;
Posts attacking Levy/Enic = 92

Posts praising our style of play = 0

Posts praising our players = 1

Posts praising Conte, without slagging off Levy etc. = 0

General posts = 7

But I'm shameful, nauseating and disgraceful.

"Proper fan"

Your hypocrisy holds no bounds

Zero posts when we were in fourth place and winning games.

12 posts since we dropped to 5th.

Proper fan.

Sure Jan GIF

I honestly don't care if people give an X. But there are absolutely people on this forum that would clearly rather see us struggle so they can tout how "right" they are about how Levy is ruining the club, than actually see us succeed.

There's certainly posters happy we lost the CL final so they can continue to drone on about the trophy drought. And there are certainly posters who work harder at making excuses why we got lucky when we win rather than finding reasons why we were unfortunate when we lose.

If you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend different, that's fine.
I cannot imagine there Is even a solitary fan happy we lost the CL final

If such is been said then it could be because they are defending the indefensible.
Nah,

You can't even point out facts on here without being labelled a Levy lover, Enic fan etc, and getting labelled as defending them.

Example;
"Enic take money from the club" (there's still some people that believe this)

"Actually they don't"

"You levy loving cuck, stop defending them and wake up"

Nah,

You can't even point out facts on here without being labelled a Levy lover, Enic fan etc, and getting labelled as defending them.

Example;
"Enic take money from the club" (there's still some people that believe this)

"Actually they don't"

"You levy loving cuck, stop defending them and wake up"
I am not going through the posts and check. BUT fans defend the indefensible, Levy's signings of players such as Sissoko, Njie, Nkoudo, Serge, Royal, Jenssen, Foyth, Ndombele, Locelso, Clarcke, Sess, serge, Gedson and many more, plus empty trophy cabinet, lack of signings at several needed positions, buying cheap players and general transfer policy not working, hiring and firing managers and failing to back managers are indefensible.

Fans comparing us to Everton! Why not compare us to Liverpool? We were ahead of them 5 seasons ago in terms of results, squad and table, see where they are and where we are, that's bad management, Who is responsible?

I am not going through the posts and check. BUT fans defend the indefensible, Levy's signings of players such as Sissoko, Njie, Nkoudo, Serge, Royal, Jenssen, Foyth, Ndombele, Locelso, Clarcke, Sess, serge, Gedson and many more, plus empty trophy cabinet, lack of signings at several needed positions, buying cheap players and general transfer policy not working, hiring and firing managers and failing to back managers are indefensible.
Ndombele and Lo Celso are definitely Poch's number one choices (to give just 2 examples).

Poch didn't want a DoF and wanted more of a say in who we signed, Levy backed him on this and we ended up with shit.

But yeah, let's blame Levy for identifying, scouting and signing these players.

Our transfer policy has been shite, no doubt about that and has been for years.

Our net spend is higher than the Dippers in the last 5 years but we've bought rubbish.
Hence Levy having had enough of trusting managers to identify players and hiring Paratici.

Ndombele and Lo Celso are definitely Poch's number one choices (to give just 2 examples).

Poch didn't want a DoF and wanted more of a say in who we signed, Levy backed him on this and we ended up with shit.

But yeah, let's blame Levy for identifying, scouting and signing these players.

Our transfer policy has been shite, no doubt about that and has been for years.

Our net spend is higher than the Dippers in the last 5 years but we've bought rubbish.
Hence Levy having had enough of trusting managers to identify players and hiring Paratici.
Fun fact for you - there are online Liverpool fans that are furious that their owners haven’t spent more. The low net spend is seen as outrageous.

But opposition fans don’t think those Liverpool fans are sane or representative of the fan base. And that’s the case with the shrill spurs fans obsessed with enic. The kind that come in here and unironically accuse people of being enicbots. Or on other forums BSODL. They’re not well-adjusted individuals.

Fun fact for you - there are online Liverpool fans that are furious that their owners haven’t spent more. The low net spend is seen as outrageous.

But opposition fans don’t think those Liverpool fans are sane or representative of the fan base. And that’s the case with the shrill spurs fans obsessed with enic. The kind that come in here and unironically accuse people of being enicbots. Or on other forums BSODL. They’re not well-adjusted individuals.
There's no doubt that Liverpool are an extremely well run club and they are what we should be aspiring too.*

*Runs off to wash mouth out.

TBF, to a large segment its like hating/criticizing Levy is more important than supporting Tottenham Hotspur.
That's right mate , going to Madrid., pissing a fortune , getting hassled by Spanish " give you a whack " old bill , even our glorious owner couldn't be arsed to turn up and wishing we lost .
Bang on so l can have a pop at little Danny boy.
What a stupid out of touch cunt you are.

Fans comparing us to Everton! Why not compare us to Liverpool? We were ahead of them 5 seasons ago in terms of results, squad and table, see where they are and where we are, that's bad management, Who is responsible?
Let’s rewind the clock to 5 years ago.

Liverpool are rebuilding with a new manager. We are at the peak of a wave, performance wise. There’s never been a time in the PL era when our performance has been as good relative to theirs on the pitch. Nonetheless the season before, Liverpool reached a Europa league final and a league cup final.

But the most important factors in achieving success are really clear - money and reputation.

Liverpools reputation is far higher than ours because they have a more impressive history, including the second most league titles ever and having dominated Europe. More recently they won a champions league and reached another final the previous decade. Those are facts. Your reputation is sticky and Liverpool’s was much higher.

In terms of money they had revenue of 425m compared to 360m for us. That’s 65m more per season. And this gap was even bigger in previous seasons. Remember that this is during a time when we are actively building a stadium which requires massive investment so the gap in what we could spend on the playing squad was far more than 65m. Compounded by the fact Barcelona we’re about to massively overpay for coutinho.

Liverpool have been the best run club in the EPL
during klopp’s time there. They’ve bought well and enjoyed a bit of luck and got amazing results. Well done Liverpool. But they also had three big advantages over us during that time:
- far bigger reputation
- far more revenue
- they weren’t building a stadium

Back
Top Bottom