Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No but I am talking about Sugar, not Venables. The purchase of the club was strange. I was only a teenager at the time so memory hazy about exactly happened and I think Venables role in it has largely been airbrushed from history. It isn't really for this thread anyway, I'm not comparing Sugar and Levy either, it is pointless. I am just stating what it was like supporting Spurs in that decade. A constant embarrassment is all I can remember.
Should of been there in the mid to late 70s.

I wouldn't call it an embarrassment, but getting relegated was no fun.

In defence of most the people complaining about Enic and (more surprisingly) Sugar, they just weren’t around. It seems like a million years ago not 40 odd
Oh yeah, I'm not blaming anyone.

It always makes me laugh though when people say stuff about the 90s though.

It pales in comparison to the mid 70s

I think it’s important to consider what he took over, the club was very close to going out of business. Like him or not Sugar steadied a sinking ship.

He did but he also bought us because of Amstrad’s deal with Sky to sell the dishes and satellite equipment so he didn’t do it for our benefit. Anyway, I’m grateful to him for that but the rest of his tenure was a depressing time on the whole apart from a couple of good seasons. Let’s just hope the next one is even better than the current lot.

levt-the-champ.jpg

King 👑

Might miss out on CL football due to average Woolwich & arteta. Yet some will still support him!
we may miss out becasue the players didnt turn up against 3 teams we should get something from
Burnley, B&H, Brentford if we can't beat 2 of them 3 thats down to the players

we may miss out becasue the players didnt turn up against 3 teams we should get something from
Burnley, B&H, Brentford if we can't beat 2 of them 3 thats down to the players
Yeah always the players faults or managers. Another 20 years of failure & it will be all the players levy gets in fault or the manager he chooses.
I think conte has done amazing to get us this close to top 4, where as you think he under performed if we don’t.
We see it so differently.

The players that Levy brought in.
Like when nuno & Jose got sacked & they wanted to give levy a medal.
Ignoring that he weirdly chose them & thought they would be a good fit :bergwijnconfused:

Levy could get big Sam in charge. & when he fails they will put all the blame on big Sam.

Like when nuno & Jose got sacked & they wanted to give levy a medal.
Ignoring that he weirdly chose them & thought they would be a good fit :bergwijnconfused:

Levy could get big Sam in charge. & when he fails they will put all the blame on big Sam.

Yes Levy cheaps out on players and forces the football people to bring in guys based on "deals" not football quality but someone that isn't his fault when the crap players he brings in aren't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom