Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The battle for 4th was very weak? We are at 68 and likely to finish on 71. Woolwich will finish at 69, 67, or 66.

Going back several years

2021- 67 points (4th), 66 (5th)
2020- 66, 62
2019- 71, 70
2018- 75, 70
2017 - 76, 75
2016 - 66, 66

So in the last 6, basically the race for 4th was tougher than 3 seasons, weaker than 2, and equal to 1. So it was same as always, not weak as you say. And 2015 is weaker as well in case you think I chose a convenient stopping point.

That’s called actually using data to make an argument and not just blindly spouting an agenda.
No that’s fine if that’s what you think.
Woolwich have done really well this season haven’t they by your logic with the points total. I just feel they are pretty average with an average manager. But fair enough if you say if you look at the points they have been very good & strong.
I said even when Woolwich were in pole position they would be winning it by default as us & United kept dropping points all over the place. As well as having a bad first few months. I still feel that way.
Like if Woolwich won their last 2 games then 4th would be really papering over the cracks for them. But I accept if you say that data would say other wise & they have done superb.
I don’t get all that hate for arteta based on the data if they have done really well this season. Woolwich fan seems to hate him. But if the data says they have done really well then it seems unfair. But I get it despite the data. To me, he & they have been average & don’t deserve 4th if they got it. But I do get the data would have said they deserved it. Maybe they have an arteta agenda & so do I.
It doesn’t matter anyway. Just difference of opinion. You don’t think we should be getting 4th over this Woolwich team, I do.
You think if they got it then they had a really good season & deserve to be in the CL. I would think the exact opposite. If that’s an agenda then fine.
I actually think United have a much better side than Woolwich so should be finishing above Woolwich even if the data were to say otherwise.

The main thing is we got 4th. Let’s hope we move forward & back conte, try & go further. As we can really go places with this man at the wheel! Lots to look forward too.

Try to be happy we got 4th. Too many seem so obsessed with levy that rather than just enjoy it, they log online to moan about the fact some aren’t fans of his. I guess some need to moan about other fans no matter what. Probably so they can tell themselves they are a better fan. :sonpoint:

Last edited:
Woolwich have done really well this season haven’t they by your logic with the points total. I just feel they are pretty average with an average manager. But fair enough if you say if you look at the points they have been very good & strong.
I said even when Woolwich were in pole position they would be winning it by default as us & United kept dropping points all over the place. As well as having a bad first few months. I still feel that way.
Like if Woolwich win their last 2 games then 4th would be really papering over the cracks for them. But I accept if you say that data would say other wise & they have done superb.
It doesn’t matter anyway. Just difference of opinion. You don’t think we should be getting 4th over this Woolwich team, I do.

The main thing is we got 4th. Let’s hope we move forward & back conte & try & go further. As we can really go places with this man at the wheel! Lots to look forward too.
I’m not sure he has said we shouldn’t be above Woolwich.

I just find it strange that Spurs fans can’t fully enjoy the capitulation of Woolwich because of an irrational hatred of our chairman

I’m not sure he has said we shouldn’t be above Woolwich.

I just find it strange that Spurs fans can’t fully enjoy the capitulation of Woolwich because of an irrational hatred of our chairman
Oh that’s confusing then. So we should be finishing above Woolwich & we did. We all agree. Sounded like he was saying the data proves Woolwich have done really well this season.
I fully enjoyed it. I think that’s what levy lovers don’t get. You can dislike an owner/Chairman or both as in my case & enjoy success. They seem to feel like you have to love the owner & chairman to enjoy success. They base the love on the owner & chairman.
I think we are unique & the only club who has fans like that.
Most fans dislike or don’t care about their owners/chairman but enjoy the success.
Not over at spurs. Instead you can’t enjoy success because you get upset some fans don’t like the owner/chairman. You can’t just enjoy it so you moan about other fans not liking the owner/chairman.
I don’t care if you like or dislike levy/enic. I dislike them. Think we can go way further with out them. Lots of potential there.

Oh that’s confusing then. So we should be finishing above Woolwich & we did. We all agree.
I fully enjoyed it. I think that’s what levy lovers don’t get. You can dislike an owner/Chairman or both as in my case & enjoy success. They seem to feel like you have to love the owner & chairman to enjoy success. They base the love on the owner & chairman.
I think we are unique & the only club who has fans like that.
Most fans dislike or don’t care about their owners/chairman but enjoy the success.
Not over at spurs. Instead you can’t enjoy success because you get upset some fans don’t like the owner/chairman. You can’t just enjoy it so you moan about other fans not liking the owner/chairman.
I don’t care if you like or dislike levy/enic. I dislike them. Think we can go way further with out them. Lots of potential there.
I neither like nor dislike Enic, I’m a Spurs fan and not a modern football fan obsessed by club ownership. Your irrational hatred doesn’t allow you to enjoy the special moments because in the back of your mind is an image of our chairman, it’s odd.

Just watch the football mate, stop stressing about things completely out of your control

I neither like nor dislike Enic, I’m a Spurs fan and not a modern football fan obsessed by club ownership. Your irrational hatred doesn’t allow you to enjoy the special moments because in the back of your mind is an image of our chairman, it’s odd.

Just watch the football mate, stop stressing about things completely out of your control
Calm down. We just got 4th. Enjoy it! Don’t be so upset because of other fans. This obsession with other fans is unhealthy.
Don’t be so upset by others not liking the owners/chairman.
Your hate for other fans is really stopping you enjoy football.
If I were you, I’d stop coming on the levy/enic thread as it always upsets you & you end up picking a fight & an argument.
We just got 4th & u can’t enjoy it as you have the image of fans not liking the chairman in your mind all the time. Stressing you out & making you itch to go on the levy thread to attack other fans & tell them all how you are a much better fan.
Try & stay off this thread for your own good & enjoy our success. This obsession with other fans has to stop!
Sadly I doubt you can stay off this thread so will keep trying to start an argument with other fans whilst lecturing about how you are the bestest fan.. You’re addicted to arguing & provoking other fans. Why the need to come on here & do that rather than just enjoy the success.
Anyway, I am going to leave you to moan & whinge about other fans non stop.
I am not giving you the argument & fight you strangely strongly crave after a victorious night.
Find some other punchbag to take out your hate on. I will not be your punchbag!
I won’t be feeding your sadness & anger anymore! Goodbye, try to enjoy the day! Will not be replying to your constant moaning in here despite you wanting me to engage & have a row.

Like if Woolwich won their last 2 games then 4th would be really papering over the cracks for them. But I accept if you say that data would say other wise & they have done superb.
I don’t get all that hate for arteta based on the data if they have done really well this season. Woolwich fan seems to hate him. But if the data says they have done really well then it seems unfair. But I get it despite the data. To me, he & they have been average & don’t deserve 4th if they got it. But I do get the data would have said they deserved it. Maybe they have an arteta agenda & so do I.
You think if they got it then they had a really good season & deserve to be in the CL. I would think the exact opposite. If that’s an agenda then fine.
I actually think United have a much better side than Woolwich so should be finishing above Woolwich even if the data were to say otherwise.

The main thing is we got 4th. Let’s hope we move forward & back conte, try & go further. As we can really go places with this man at the wheel! Lots to look forward too.

Try to be happy we got 4th. Too many seem so obsessed with levy that rather than just enjoy it, they log online to moan about the fact some aren’t fans of his. I guess some need to moan about other fans no matter what. Probably so they can tell themselves they are a better fan. :sonpoint:

Loving the mental gymastics here, keep it up

Exactly that. Finally properly back a good manager when we have one.
My worry is that soon as we get in to a position of strength, we standstill & then act shocked when we slip back down.
We need to move forward & not settle.
The good news is, we already made two excellent signings for him that instantly improved the starting 11, hopefully that continues in the summer and we actually seize the moment this time rather than letting it fizzle out again.

It would be catastrophic for these owners if they fuck this one up imo.

This Levy obsession from some fans is extraordinary, watching the Woolwich capitulate last night was absolutely beautiful yet some people feel compelled to log on to the internet to complain Spurs didn’t spend enough money in January

Says one of the most Levy obsessed posters on the forum :sonpoint:

Seriously mate, have a word with yourself. You're one of the most frequent visitors to this blimmin' thread!

Calm down. We just got 4th. Enjoy it! Don’t be so upset because of other fans. This obsession with other fans is unhealthy.
Don’t be so upset by others not liking the owners/chairman.
Your hate for other fans is really stopping you enjoy football.
If I were you, I’d stop coming on the levy/enic thread as it always upsets you & you end up picking a fight & an argument.
We just got 4th & u can’t enjoy it as you have the image of fans not liking the chairman in your mind all the time. Stressing you out & making you itch to go on the levy thread to attack other fans & tell them all how you are a much better fan.
Try & stay off this thread for your own good & enjoy our success. This obsession with other fans has to stop!
Sadly I doubt you can stay off this thread so will keep trying to start an argument with other fans whilst lecturing about how you are the bestest fan.. You’re addicted to arguing & provoking other fans. Why the need to come on here & do that rather than just enjoy the success.
Anyway, I am going to leave you to moan & whinge about other fans non stop.
I am not giving you the argument & fight you strangely strongly crave after a victorious night.
Find some other punchbag to take out your hate on. I will not be your punchbag!
I won’t be feeding your sadness & anger anymore! Goodbye, try to enjoy the day! Will not be replying to your constant moaning in here despite you wanting me to engage & have a row.
We haven’t got 4th yet

The good news is, we already made two excellent signings for him that instantly improved the starting 11, hopefully that continues in the summer and we actually seize the moment this time rather than letting it fizzle out again.

It would be catastrophic for these owners if they fuck this one up imo.
Yes, I don’t think we get top 4 without the 2 January signings. Had a massive impact. That’s what we have been calling for all these years. The importance of making signings & the right signings. Rather than making excuses for not signing players & pretending we will be ok without them.
I also think good signings like that must be a big lift for everyone else & keeps things fresh. So 2 good signings Is a very good start as you say.
I also feel more confident in who we sign with conte & pat. No duds so far!
Yes the key thing is to realise what those 2 signings did for us & continue to want more to improve even further.
I will always doubt enic/levy wanting to take us further than top 4 but as you say, with the pressure from conte & us fans hopefully even he will feel the need to do it. Enic/levy usually settle at top 4 which means you end up going backwards!
But Conte has got expectation really high now & that’s what I think we needed instead of “well 5/7th is good & it’s a tough league & remember the 90s”. We won’t ever progress with that attitude. Can’t imagine conte’s team talk ever being “be very grateful for 6th, remember the 90s lads”. He is really changing the mindset here. Instead of being content with 6th, he wants us to really challenge. Which I really love about him. Not being like a lot of fans think we should be, by just being content with 6th as the 90s were bad. None of that from king conte :contesmell:

As you say, if they don’t back him then he & many fans won’t stand for it! Most pressure I have seen on them for a long time! They will always have fans no matter what, but a lot are turning thank god.
Good times!!

Says one of the most Levy obsessed posters on the forum :sonpoint:

Seriously mate, have a word with yourself. You're one of the most frequent visitors to this blimmin' thread!
Another so called ‘neutral’ that can’t help attacking anti levy posters & moaning about then non stop! Every time I come on this thread he is always posting on here. All upset & ranting because people don’t like levy.
He can’t stay away from this levy thread. Totally obsessed with levy.
I guess we are all different as Some naturally feel very defensive of their chairman. He doesn’t choose to be this way. He can’t stay away & dare to allow criticism of levy to continue!
Where as it don’t upset me if any fan wants to criticise the chairman of the club they support.
Anyway, back to CL nights where we belong!
Here’s to conte & not shutting up & settling for europa 🍻

If we’re only finishing above Woolwich because we have better players and a better manager, then who exactly bought those players and hired that manager given that it’s seemingly despite the owners?

If it’s their doing when it goes wrong, it’s also their doing when it goes right.

If we’re only finishing above Woolwich because we have better players and a better manager, then who exactly bought those players and hired that manager given that it’s seemingly despite the owners?

If it’s their doing when it goes wrong, it’s also their doing when it goes right.
That's what they can't get their heads around ;

"We only getting 4th cos everyone else was shite"

If everyone else is shite, we must have a better team/manager than them.

"Levy only buys cheap players"

But those players have gotten us to 4th.

It's absolutely killing them that they can't blame Levy for getting 4th so they have to do some real mind bending stuff to deflect..........or put people on ignore.

Imagine what this thread would be like if we end up 5th, the usual people would absolutely love it.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE Daaaaaaaaaannnnnnniiiiiiiiieeeeeeeelllll LLLLLLLLLeeeeeevvvvvvvy

DDDDaaaannnnnnniiiiiiieeeeeeeel LLLLLeeeeevvvvveeeyy lllllovvvvvvvveesss meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Do you think we should be finishing above this average Woolwich?
It’s fine if you don’t. I do. I think we have a better side & manager.
Yes, I do believe we should finish ahead of them. That wasn't really my point, my point was simply that the goalposts always move in relation to Levy. If we finish outside the top 4, it's a failure, yet, when we finish inside the top 4, as it seems we have, it's not even acknowledged as success.

We do have a better manager than woolwich and a better squad than woolwich. You cannot exempt Levy from credit for that - he's run the club for 20 years. There's not a single person at Spurs that isn't at Spurs at Levy's behest.

Why do we have a better squad than woolwich? Well, in large part, it's because Levy dug his heels in and refused to sell Kane at anything less than a king's ransom. When many here (including me at times) were saying it was stupid and would only cost us money in the long run. He also appointed a DoF who, despite being lampooned for bargain shopping out of his old club, signed 3 of the most key players in this season's squad.

Why do we have a better manager than woolwich? Because Levy was not dissuaded and got his man - 2nd time out, fairly. For whatever reason, Conte wouldn't put pen to paper in the summer. I suspect it's mostly because he expected Kane would be sold. Nuno was an abject failure, but might be the best failure we've ever had. Instead of appointing a half measure stop gap and then going back into the manager market again in the summer, Levy went and got Conte.

Does he deserve a statue? No. Should we be winning a trophy? Yes. But we (likely) managed top 4 despite all odds. The majority opinion 10 months ago is we'd be lucky to run 6th. The majority opinion 4 months ago was the same. But here we are, so just acknowledge that it was an adequate job with reason to hope for more next season.

Things are aligning nicely for ENIC.

There are no more excuses and this is a historical opportunity to strike.

Well, more like a burning platform ...

This is if ever a summer where heavy, considered investments will need to be made, whether we prefer to or not.

The sheer incompetence at Man Utd and Woolwich simply cannot carry on like this. But for now both are probably stuck for at least ½ or 1 season more with inept directors and manager, respectively. Eventually they will start getting things right, though, and both have good financial basis.
Then there is Newcastle. They won't get things right for this season, but next season they just might.

We have Conte and by all chances CL football again.

This is ENIC time. This is it. Not later. Now.

If they don't do it this time, then there is absolutely no chance they ever will want to.

Things are aligning nicely for ENIC.

There are no more excuses and this is a historical opportunity to strike.

Well, more like a burning platform ...

This is if ever a summer where heavy, considered investments will need to be made, whether we prefer to or not.

The sheer incompetence at Man Utd and Woolwich simply cannot carry on like this. But for now both are probably stuck for at least ½ or 1 season more with inept directors and manager, respectively. Eventually they will start getting things right, though, and both have good financial basis.
Then there is Newcastle. They won't get things right for this season, but next season they just might.

We have Conte and by all chances CL football again.

This is ENIC time. This is it. Not later. Now.

If they don't do it this time, then there is absolutely no chance they ever will want to.

I read this with this song playing in the background whilst staring at your Avatar, my God I am inspired!

Back
Top Bottom