Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No but I am talking about Sugar, not Venables. The purchase of the club was strange. I was only a teenager at the time so memory hazy about exactly happened and I think Venables role in it has largely been airbrushed from history. It isn't really for this thread anyway, I'm not comparing Sugar and Levy either, it is pointless. I am just stating what it was like supporting Spurs in that decade. A constant embarrassment is all I can remember.

Yawn. Piss off with your little Xes Igula Igula . We've snatched 4th, be fucking happy for once.
Don't worry about it, it's all he has.

Binned twice for trolling, can't make a coherent argument, and the sad fuck actually thinks it upsets people if he sends them a kiss.
He's too thick to realise that everyone thinks he's a joke.

I've said it before, if you get a kiss from him, you know you're right.

*Waits for the inevitable kiss.
:harrylol:

Don't worry about it, it's all he has.

Binned twice for trolling, can't make a coherent argument, and the sad fuck actually thinks it upsets people if he sends them a kiss.
He's too thick to realise that everyone thinks he's a joke.

I've said it before, if you get a kiss from him, you know you're right.

*Waits for the inevitable kiss.
:harrylol:
He didn’t post a single positive thing about smashing the scum and instead argued about how people shouldn’t be giving credit to Emerson and PEH.

Always knew he was a troll but that confirmed it for me, absolutely no way he’s spurs.

Spurs’ wage bill as a percentage of given club

Man City - 58%
Chelsea - 60%
Man Utd - 63%
Liverpool - 65%
Woolwich - 84%
Tottenham - 100%

From that we can see that 4 teams spend more than 50% more than us on wages. Were spending money on playing talent effectively. If we could spend as much as the top 4 then we’d be challenging for the league every year.

Interesting that Woolwich spend almost 20% more than us on wages. They’re poorly run too financially.

I think we can be proud of how we’re doing given our financial means.

Yes, I do believe we should finish ahead of them. That wasn't really my point, my point was simply that the goalposts always move in relation to Levy. If we finish outside the top 4, it's a failure, yet, when we finish inside the top 4, as it seems we have, it's not even acknowledged as success.

We do have a better manager than woolwich and a better squad than woolwich. You cannot exempt Levy from credit for that - he's run the club for 20 years. There's not a single person at Spurs that isn't at Spurs at Levy's behest.

Why do we have a better squad than woolwich? Well, in large part, it's because Levy dug his heels in and refused to sell Kane at anything less than a king's ransom. When many here (including me at times) were saying it was stupid and would only cost us money in the long run. He also appointed a DoF who, despite being lampooned for bargain shopping out of his old club, signed 3 of the most key players in this season's squad.

Why do we have a better manager than woolwich? Because Levy was not dissuaded and got his man - 2nd time out, fairly. For whatever reason, Conte wouldn't put pen to paper in the summer. I suspect it's mostly because he expected Kane would be sold. Nuno was an abject failure, but might be the best failure we've ever had. Instead of appointing a half measure stop gap and then going back into the manager market again in the summer, Levy went and got Conte.

Does he deserve a statue? No. Should we be winning a trophy? Yes. But we (likely) managed top 4 despite all odds. The majority opinion 10 months ago is we'd be lucky to run 6th. The majority opinion 4 months ago was the same. But here we are, so just acknowledge that it was an adequate job with reason to hope for more next season.
Some good points. I get what you are saying. I guess its tricky if you don’t move goalposts.
For example I think we should get top 4 next season but say kane & son get injured in the first few weeks & our out for the season. I’d move the goalposts to top 6 as thats 2 massive blows.
But I get people like you who would say, no you can’t move the goalposts & we should be getting 4th. So That wouldn’t fit the levy agenda.
To be honest it’s hard to set targets now as it’s hard to say what United, Chelsea & Woolwich are going to be like.
Like now I say top 4 for next season. But if Chelsea & United sort themselves out & get a big points tally next season it be harsh to say we did bad if we get 5th. So yeah my agenda would be actually be in levys favour. Like I don’t expect us to compete for the title. So I could say another season of no titles, levys useless, levy out.

But this season the whole narrative was no one wants 4th. United, us & Woolwich blowing it twice. Even Woolwich has to blow it in last week for us to get it.
The media & people I know all said it was a weak standard for 4th spot.
But that other poster says it was a really strong standard & tough highly quality fight for 4th. Not criticising them or your opinion.
It’s just different views & ways of seeing it.
I don’t care if Liverpool had 8 first teamers out & we beat them in the CL final.
But equally I’d accept we were very lucky to win it as was low standard in final & we ain’t really the best team in Europe!
So I don’t care & in fact it’s funny Woolwich blew it rather than us rolling away with 4th.

Delighted we getting 4th this season. Think conte had turned things around amazingly & the players. But I was anticipating a much higher standard for 4th. So in my eyes really we should be out of it. But thankfully Woolwich blow it but more so United. They are the team I thought would definitely get top 4.
So I couldn’t see us finishing above chelsea, United to get top 4. But United have been awful. So yeah I can say United were good but we dug deep & overpowered them to finish above them. But realistically I know they had a shocking season!

Well done baldy for swallowing your pride and bringing Conte in after you fucked it up the first time round.

Please don't fuck it up. Get your chequebook out and give the man what he wants.

Some good points. I get what you are saying. I guess its tricky if you don’t move goalposts.
For example I think we should get top 4 next season but say kane & son get injured in the first few weeks & our out for the season. I’d move the goalposts to top 6 as thats 2 massive blows.
But I get people like you who would say, no you can’t move the goalposts & we should be getting 4th. So That wouldn’t fit the levy agenda.
To be honest it’s hard to set targets now as it’s hard to say what United, Chelsea & Woolwich are going to be like.
Like now I say top 4 for next season. But if Chelsea & United sort themselves out & get a big points tally next season it be harsh to say we did bad if we get 5th. So yeah my agenda would be actually be in levys favour. Like I don’t expect us to compete for the title. So I could say another season of no titles, levys useless, levy out.

But this season the whole narrative was no one wants 4th. United, us & Woolwich blowing it twice. Even Woolwich has to blow it in last week for us to get it.
The media & people I know all said it was a weak standard for 4th spot.
But that other poster says it was a really strong standard & tough highly quality fight for 4th. Not criticising them or your opinion.
It’s just different views & ways of seeing it.
I don’t care if Liverpool had 8 first teamers out & we beat them in the CL final.
But equally I’d accept we were very lucky to win it as was low standard in final & we ain’t really the best team in Europe!
So I don’t care & in fact it’s funny Woolwich blew it rather than us rolling away with 4th.

Delighted we getting 4th this season. Think conte had turned things around amazingly & the players. But I was anticipating a much higher standard for 4th. So in my eyes really we should be out of it. But thankfully Woolwich blow it but more so United. They are the team I thought would definitely get top 4.
So I couldn’t see us finishing above chelsea, United to get top 4. But United have been awful. So yeah I can say United were good but we dug deep & overpowered them to finish above them. But realistically I know they had a shocking season!
Yeah, United are certainly the club I think did the worst job this season and the club I'd be most worried about next season. I think anything is possible, but you can only control what you can control. For me the target is 75 points next season. Anything above that is success, anything below is failure. That's how I'd judge Conte, Levy, et al.

Back
Top Bottom