Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
Who do you think is going to pay the 2 billion quid it would cost to buy us? Dunno about you, but i'm short a few bob.

We'd end up with someone far far worse.

WAKE UP PEOPLE...We'd rather Levy and Enic over becoming a PR machine for a Rentier state that works migrant workers to death. It's them or the yanks, no one else would buy us.

The price will have just dropped a lot.
Fans will be protesting against the owners, you can probably knock 20% off the price he would otherwise achieve due to a hostile climate

Any owner would have jumped at the guaranteed money on offer in these uncertain times - any new owner would treat us the same way, even more so if they've shelled out the best part of 2 billion for the pleasure

Any owner would have jumped at the guaranteed money on offer in these uncertain times - any new owner would treat us the same way, even more so if they've shelled out the best part of 2 billion for the pleasure

Possibly but if you gamble like that you have to fall on your sword when it goes tits up.

Fan base was divided before now it’s probably 70% or more out.

reluctantly in.
We have a massive new stadium. Things haven't been that bad over the last few years. We've had a few great patches during his time.
He cocked up this time. We all make mistakes, but yeah this was a massive cockup.

The thing is, what happens if he leaves? Who comes in? What if somebody like Mike Ashley comes in? Or foreign billionaires like the Glazers? Levy has made a cockup, but what if he goes and it's worse on the other side? It's not been that bad at Spurs over the last few years. I loved our years with Poch, even if we didn't win anything.

I'm hoping that the UK government see the need now for a Germany style ownership and I think every Tottenham fan should be on board. Why would we want anyone but us in charge of the club? Why should we not get a say?

I'm hoping that the UK government see the need now for a Germany style ownership and I think every Tottenham fan should be on board. Why would we want anyone but us in charge of the club? Why should we not get a say?
There’s about three people on this board that I would come close to trusting with having any say in how the club is run.

reluctantly in.
We have a massive new stadium. Things haven't been that bad over the last few years. We've had a few great patches during his time.
He cocked up this time. We all make mistakes, but yeah this was a massive cockup.

The thing is, what happens if he leaves? Who comes in? What if somebody like Mike Ashley comes in? Or foreign billionaires like the Glazers? Levy has made a cockup, but what if he goes and it's worse on the other side? It's not been that bad at Spurs over the last few years. I loved our years with Poch, even if we didn't win anything.

I completely respect your opinion as I was of that view too, however I don't see a way forward with Levy in charge. There was already a lot of fury to the board and the way the club was run (some fair, some not) but my general feeling about all this is that Levy has gone too far this time.

I feel ashamed to be part of ENIC and their decision making. I love the club, but it's really pissed me off how this makes the club look going forward.

You're guessing their reasoning for not being involved at this stage tbf
Sure, you may be right. And the German clubs probably knew the nature of their ownership meant they couldn't do this even if it was possible.

But folks should have known this was the inevitable outcome. Shit, this thing folding up in 48 hours might have been the best case scenario.

Obviously said part in joke but it's a valid point - plus who even decides who is and isn't part of the fanbase? ST holders? Domestic members? Plastics from all over the globe who like our Instagram posts?
We just need to go over to Germany and see how smoothly it works. Copy paste.

I completely respect your opinion as I was of that view too, however I don't see a way forward with Levy in charge. There was already a lot of fury to the board and the way the club was run (some fair, some not) but my general feeling about all this is that Levy has gone too far this time.

I feel ashamed to be part of ENIC and their decision making. I love the club, but it's really pissed me off how this makes the club look going forward.
Fair points.

I think I'm persuadable, as this is a massive cockup. I think what may be worse than the actual ESL is the way they proposed to do it. They just announced that they were going to do it, without any proper process. No talking to the fans. No vote. No attempt's to hear what people think and want. No asking the other teams and leagues. They just proposed to do it and forget everybody else. It's a massive cockup.

Ultimately though, there aren't that many groups or people rich enough to buy football clubs, so replacing the owners isn't so easy, nor so easy to change... so if we got new owners and they were terrible, it could be years or decades before they changed again. So for me, I'm not calling for resignations quite yet.

I'd certainly like to hear from Levy though. See if he can try to fix some of the damage here, just by owning up to a mistake, maybe apologising or at least facing the public. That would help.

Obviously said part in joke but it's a valid point - plus who even decides who is and isn't part of the fanbase? ST holders? Domestic members? Plastics from all over the globe who like our Instagram posts?
The only joke bit was me lifting the number to three. I honestly haven’t a clue how the German model works, but it only really seems to work for Bayern Munich. Not sure how a model like that would work here to get fan representation in the board.

I really hope we never do, as if anyone on here thinks they know more about running a football club than the guy presently in charge, they are utterly mental.

Back
Top Bottom