Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
Wasn’t particularly happy with the Jol or Redknapp sackings. Poch I felt was burnt out and probably need a rest for his own sake, the 18 months of no signings fucked him and the team.

The rest of the managers under Levy I was either happy they where gone like AVB and Jose or didn’t care.
Not sure Poch was burnt out, just worn down because of the lack of investment, he had given enough in the way of warning, and it was ignored.
They threw the baby out with the bathwater. If the team had enjoyed the financial backing he wanted, he would still be here and I'm convinced we would have won something.

A classic Levy failure to listen to people who know more about the game than he does. The sooner he realises that his job is to follow the manager around with a cheque book in his pocket, keep his gob shut and his opinions to himself and concentrate on keeping the company afloat, the sooner we will move forward.

Ironic that the posters on here now complaining about the manager revolving door are the same posters who screamed longest and loudest to sack every recent manager we've had ... ironic or just sad?
Do you work for Enic? Or just a levy-Enic apologist?
1 trophy in 20 years
Constant managerial changes - when the problem is obviously Levy

Do you work for Enic? Or just a levy-Enic apologist?
1 trophy in 20 years
Constant managerial changes - when the problem is obviously Levy
Your opinion fair enough - I was around for forty years before Levy and believe me for the last twenty it was so much worse than it is today - when for a decade under Sugar we never once finished in the top six and barely averaged 10th place, then you can talk about problems - can't say it often enough on the pitch we need to do better ... but even on the pitch we are still miles ahead of where we were.

Don't start whining about how bad it is unless you were here when for most of a decade we counted the games until we could no longer be relegated ... think yourself lucky if you missed that.

No, sorry, he really didn't
AVB secured our then-record Premier League points haul in his first season, and was seventh and alive in all three cups before Christmas when he was sacked less than halfway through his second. With a totally new team having sold Bale and bought all those players.

AVB has gone on to continually prove his ability to alienate his superiors in other jobs, so it's no surprise that he was on thin ice, but there was no rational reason to sack him in that moment.

And this goes back to the trophies debate. They sacked AVB and put Tactics Tim in charge as a caretaker for a League Cup QF against West Ham that we lost 48 hours later. Levy just binned the season in December in a fit of pique. That's no way to run a football club. That's the kind of shit Roman Abramovich is rightly derided and mocked for.

AVB secured our then-record Premier League points haul in his first season, and was seventh and alive in all three cups before Christmas when he was sacked less than halfway through his second. With a totally new team having sold Bale and bought all those players.

AVB has gone on to continually prove his ability to alienate his superiors in other jobs, so it's no surprise that he was on thin ice, but there was no rational reason to sack him in that moment.

And this goes back to the trophies debate. They sacked AVB and put Tactics Tim in charge as a caretaker for a League Cup QF against West Ham that we lost 48 hours later. Levy just binned the season in December in a fit of pique. That's no way to run a football club. That's the kind of shit Roman Abramovich is rightly derided and mocked for.
Good god, do you not remember the football? The losses?
It was dire

Not sure Poch was burnt out, just worn down because of the lack of investment, he had given enough in the way of warning, and it was ignored.
They threw the baby out with the bathwater. If the team had enjoyed the financial backing he wanted, he would still be here and I'm convinced we would have won something.

A classic Levy failure to listen to people who know more about the game than he does. The sooner he realises that his job is to follow the manager around with a cheque book in his pocket, keep his gob shut and his opinions to himself and concentrate on keeping the company afloat, the sooner we will move forward.

tenor.gif

You remember when Sherwood put out a 4-2-3-1 with Chadli and Siggy playing in center-midfield?

Mourinho - Sacked without finding a replacement
Nagelsmann - Not interested
Ten Hag - Not interested
Kane - Likely wanting to leave
Squad mentality - Dysfunctional
Lost the Carabao cup final - Without trying
Whatever Poch built - all gone
No concrete plans for a good manager

Levy has completed the full circle

Cobblers - dire football and losses. 3-0 at home to West Ham! And it could have been more!
Levy has made mistakes but was right to pull the trigger on that one.

You remember when Sherwood put out a 4-2-3-1 with Chadli and Siggy playing in center-midfield?
Honestly, there was something palate-cleansingly silly about the Sherwood era.

Poch walked into a dressing room ready to listen and work for someone who knew what they were talking about. At least in many cases, and he ran off the others.

I am hopeful that our current dressing room is in a Mourinho version of that, ready to give everything for someone who isn't sucking all the oxygen out of the room waging psychological warfare on them.

Ten Hag - Not interested

And some still vehemently defend him.

Staggering

Ten Hag - Not interested

Spot fucking on.

And who blames any of them.

No one wants to work for Daniel Levy, and Daniel Levy is the only man who can't see it. The lack of accountability shown by ENIC is absolutely despicable and there's none at the club anymore.

Your opinion fair enough - I was around for forty years before Levy and believe me for the last twenty it was so much worse than it is today - when for a decade under Sugar we never once finished in the top six and barely averaged 10th place, then you can talk about problems - can't say it often enough on the pitch we need to do better ... but even on the pitch we are still miles ahead of where we were.

Don't start whining about how bad it is unless you were here when for most of a decade we counted the games until we could no longer be relegated ... think yourself lucky if you missed that.
Mate some of those in the 90s were awful!

And some still vehemently defend him.

Staggering
Yeah, but you crucify and villify him, without recognising the good that he has done. I believe that there is still a place for him in the structure,
He just needs to appoint and keep a director of football, who keeps him away from footballing matters

probably including contract negotiations

Yeah, but you crucify and villify him, without recognising the good that he has done. I believe that there is still a place for him in the structure,
He just needs to appoint and keep a director of football, who keeps him away from footballing matters

probably including contract negotiations
That's not strictly true, Mick.
I have credited him on numerous occasions in the past. I mentioned a few of them last night in the other thread.

But I'll admit I'm not his biggest fan. And unlike my biggest detractors, I feel that he epitomizes what's wrong with football.

I think he's shown time and time again his love for profit out punches any feelings for Spurs, and while his fortune has grown exponentially off the back of our football club, he never fails to let us down when glory is right there within touching distance.

That's not strictly true, Mick.
I have credited him on numerous occasions in the past. I mentioned a few of them last night in the other thread.

But I'll admit I'm not his biggest fan. And unlike my biggest detractors, I feel that he epitomizes what's wrong with football.

I think he's shown time and time again his love for profit out punches any feelings for Spurs, and while his fortune has grown exponentially off the back of our football club, he never fails to let us down when glory is right there within touching distance.
right, because he just has one thing to do when running a multimillion pound business

because thats how people get to the top - by being a one trick pony

Back
Top Bottom